Norwegian to offer "All Inclusive"

LOVEMYMO

I think they put the photos and bingo in for the new cruiser or for the people who like photos and bingo

If you read some of the really extensive reviews, there are people who do like photos. We have been in many cruises and rarely buy any, this time we did come home with 4- and this was the cruise that had the least pushy photographers ever!

Bingo- maybe the free game will entice you for more.

Who knows. Many frequent cruisers live for bingo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My phone died before I finished- offering an alleged all inclusive doesn't make the plan limited to a certain " type " of person.

Someone who wants to specialty dine, drink, go on excursions and use the Internet just may also want 20 photos and a bingo game. It does not make those things CRAP.

In fact, a bingo playing scrap- booker may find the chocolate covered strawberries CRap.

Just saying

If you want the plan

Get

It.

If not

Don't.

GeeZ.

I won't use it

I won't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hilarious!

Recently booking my upcoming Getaway cruise, I checked NCL's pricing on flights and a 1-night pre-cruise hotel stay. About $1,000.

I ended up booked both on my own for roughly half that.

You know they're not going to offer anything they don't think they'll come out way ahead on.

With "all-inclusion" they're banking (literally) on a tiny fraction of passengers maxing out, and what's left on the table goes straight to the bottom line.

It's nickel-and-diming newbies who don't know any better on a scale breathtaking to behold. :D

If a Travel Agent sells someone a cruise AND the AI package, will they receive commission on the total price or only the actual cruise fare? If NCL is going to pay them commission on AI packages they sell, then you can expect them to really 'upsell' this promotion. If they can convince someone paying $899 for a stateroom to also buy the $899 package, then they're doubling their commission.

After the Aug 4-29 promotion period is over, does that mean NCL will no longer offer the AI package at all, or the price will increase from $899 (7 day rate) to $$$ ???

If a Travel Agent sells someone a cruise AND the AI package, will they receive commission on the total price or only the actual cruise fare? If NCL is going to pay them commission on AI packages they sell, then you can expect them to really 'upsell' this promotion. If they can convince someone paying $899 for a stateroom to also buy the $899 package, then they're doubling their commission.

After the Aug 4-29 promotion period is over, does that mean NCL will no longer offer the AI package at all, or the price will increase from $899 (7 day rate) to $$$ ???

good questions. I will ask my travel agent.

I really can't see enough people taking it for that to be an issue....plus they all probably won't eat in the same dining room on the same night to cause that type of issue.

you are probably right. I thought the UDP would mean we would have trouble getting dinner reservations and it didn't. Le Bistro was a little harder, we couldn't get the exact time we wanted and all the specialty dining rooms had more guests than in years past, but we still were ok.

Details will be available Monday.

Why is there no mention of the "All Inclusive" on NCLs website?

The only NCL information I've seen so far has been from a press release.

I'd like to see a link to details (terms and conditions) on the NCL website.

...can't seem to find it ; am I missing ?

Yes, maybe NCL will place this promo on their website on Monday, August 4th.

(Maybe their PCCs have yet to be trained?)

Saw this where? Not enough nitty gritty detail on the flight aspect of this and cabin costs relative to the $899 cost to really have an opinion ... I do realize this cost does not include the flight.

All inclusive is always bonus for sure, it comes down to final $$$. $899 sounds pretty low so would like to know what that package really is to do a like for like comparison, a $2400 value?! wow ... seems a wide gap.

Maybe I'm not reading correctly but I might consider paying $899 for that!

Minus the $200 shore excursion that is $699 for the UDP [$119], UBP [$378] and the misc other things. 20 photos? So it cost about $200 for the "misc. other things. What is the cost of 20 photos? Does it include the 15% gratuity for the UBP, or is that added to the $899?

1. Dining Package for 1= $119.00

2. Beverage Package for 1 = $434.70

3. Shore Excursions for 1 = $200.00

4. DSC for 1 = $84.00

5. (1) 250 MB internet package = $100.00

6. 20 photos = $200.00

7. Chocolate Covered Strawberries = $12.00

8. Bottle of wine = $25.00

9. 3 Bingo session = $60.00

10. 6 bottles of water = $25.00

11. 10% off the cruise fare = $???.00

Edited by GrabMyWrist

you are probably right. I thought the UDP would mean we would have trouble getting dinner reservations and it didn't. Le Bistro was a little harder, we couldn't get the exact time we wanted and all the specialty dining rooms had more guests than in years past, but we still were ok.

Another thing to consider is that the people who do purchase the all-inclusive package most likely would have purchased the UDP package anyways.

Another thing to consider is that the people who do purchase the all-inclusive package most likely would have purchased the UDP package anyways.

ok, I am convinced: I guess I don't have to worry about being stuck eating only room service every day..LOL !!!!!!!

4. DSC for 1 = $84.00

6. 20 photos = $200.00

Perfect Breakdown....

If you wouldn't have bought the UBP, it most likely won't make financial sense for you to buy it :)

SeaShark, you are correct; basically you will be paying for all your charges upfront. Just like all inclusive resorts; you pay before you arrive and eat and drink all you want. If you're not a big drinker or eater; than you don't have to buy into this program; NCL is trying to make it easier for passengers to pay for entire trip and don't worry about nickel and dime charges once you board. I see it has merit; so we shall see how it goes.

Score one for NCL's Marketing Department . . .

"All Inclusive" means that (almost) everything on your cruise is FREE if you're willing to pay for it in advance! :D

What a bargain!

That's what all-inclusive means, everywhere.

That's what all-inclusive means, everywhere.

Yet we're talking about it here like its something unique and special.

Everyone who believes this program was designed to benefit the purchaser over the cruise line please raise your hands. :rolleyes:

4. DSC for 1 = $84.00

6. 20 photos = $200.00

Im platinum, so does that mean I will get double of the things included in my platinum perks? Or, does this mean I now have to pay for my platinum perks.:confused: I probably won't do this. On my 12 day cruise the AllInclu will cost $1200.00 ontop of my cabin price. Per NCL Rep.Hmm.

Edited by Starrgazer50

Looks to me like we are coming full circle.Years ago cruises were pretty much all inclusive and then someone got the idea of appealing to the public by posting lower prices but starting to charge extra for things that used to be included. I think at first some lines tried to resist the change but eventually the marketing success of the lower prices forced all the main stream lines to join the, low price and charge extra for everything, bandwagon.

Now it looks like the pendulum is swinging back and NCL at least is wishing they could get back to getting a higher price for their cruises up front.

I think it may be an uphill battle for them.Now that cruisers have seen just how inexpensively they can cruise without all the bells and whistles it may be hard selling them on shelling out another big chunk of money upfront for the extras but time will tell. It will be interesting to watch how it is received and if this new package collides with the perks previously established for suite passengers or platinum and higher latitudes members.

ok, I am convinced: I guess I don't have to worry about being stuck eating only room service every day..LOL !!!!!!!

Don't let them convince you quite yet. :p I have a rebuttal. :D I agree with your first thought. Many people are happy to eat in the MDR. They don't see a need to pay extra for food. However, if those same people want the UBP, they may be easily upsold to the all inclusive plan. After all, the UBP is the most expensive component of that plan & included DSC would be an easy sell. Add $200 for shore excursions & new cruisers or those who prefer to pay for everything in advance would be all over it. Now that these people have a package that includes UDP, it only makes sense financially for them to eat in a specialty restaurant nightly. It's already paid for. OTOH, there's a big difference in the price for those who are mostly interested in UDP. $119 is far from $899. DH & I would definitely book the UDP, but we prefer bottles of wine that we can drink on our balcony as well as in restaurants over wines or other alcoholic beverages by the glass. We don't want to have to leave our balcony every time we want another glass of wine. For this reason, UBP doesn't really fit our cruising style. That's a big part of the all inclusive plan, so it's not that tempting to us. We'll spend more than $899 each on food & wine, but UBP wouldn't allow us to cruise our way. So, I think your worries are founded & the new plan may make the specialty restaurants more crowded. If that becomes a problem, NCL would become less appealing to us.