Norwegian to offer "All Inclusive"

LOVEMYMO

Is it $899 Per person? If it's per person it's not a good deal at all. Your numbers are based on it being for 2 people which I don't know is a given.

How do you figure it's not a good deal at all?

Let's say you're taking the Getaway for Valentine's day next year. You book a Haven Penthouse at $4,739 pp.

You get 10% off that, with this...so you save $474 each.

Now you have $ 429 each to offset against the drinks, food, internet, tips, etc.

Starts to look like it might be reasonable.

Let's say you're taking the Getaway for Valentine's day next year. You book a Haven Penthouse at $4,739 pp.

Now you have $ 429 each to offset against the drinks, food, internet, tips, etc.

When you put it that way might be a good deal for some. For me I get great CAS deals which are already discounted but I know not all people book through CAS so might benefit those that don't book through CAS.

It will be a good deal for some and not a good deal for others. I know this is a trial but after they work the bugs out I think it will probably become a permanent option.

Nope, not for me. I cherry-pick among the options, and the ones I'd use aren't among those offered in the package. If NCL is looking to add another choice to the mix, I might consider a reasonably price unlimited laundry/pressing package for longer cruises. For most of my cruises, the cram-the-bag specials work just as well since I usually take shorter cruises.

The higher priced your cabin the better the deal, I see that. Most of us don't book $9,000 cabins for 2 for a week. It did say the figures quoted were for a 7 night cruise and gets adjusted based on the number of nights for your cruise.

With the Haven passengers and the all inclusive passengers will that make the rest of us steerage:eek:

I don't think so at all. I think this will entice new or inexperienced cruisers. Who buys 20 photos?! The newbies do! If you have 2 people in the cabin, that's 40 pictures. Same with shore excursions. Most of us experienced cruisers know not to book with the ship, so that's out. If you cruise often, you're already getting the strawberries (not to mention other treats) and most often, the cheap free bottle of wine. The 10% off the cruise fare may be worth it though, especially in the Haven. It really all depends ....

Why guess when you can call NCL and ask. I just called and it's $899 PER PERSON so if you are 2 in a cabin it's a whooping $1798, way out of line with what we spend for the 2 of us.

Yup! Thanks! This is exactly what I thought - definitely NOT something I would consider.

Just saw this and hoping to get opinions as to whether it is worth it or not to you?

Norwegian: New All-Inclusive Package

on 30 July 2014.

Norwegian Cruise Line is debuting a new All-Inclusive package, providing guests another way to customize their cruise vacation.

Representing more than $2,400 in value per stateroom, Norwegian’s All-Inclusive package is a first for major cruise lines, and is available for a limited time for all 2015 sailings fleetwide (see fine print), for new reservations made from August 4, 2014 through August 29, 2014. The comprehensive package includes signature dining, alcoholic beverages, unlimited soda, shore excursions, internet access, service charges and more.

“Based on the popularity of our Fly, Cruise and Stay vacations, along with our onboard dining and beverage packages, we are now offering the first All-Inclusive package for our guests who want to experience all that the freedom and flexibility of Freestyle Cruising has to offer,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “Always an innovator, we are making it easy for those that want everything included in their cruise vacation with the option of our All-Inclusive package.”

The All-Inclusive package is available for 2015 sailings from three to 14 days in length, is priced by the number of days, and is available for all stateroom categories, including the Haven by Norwegian. When adding the All-Inclusive to a selected cruise, guests receive 10 percent off the cruise fare.

For a seven-day cruise, the $899 package includes the Ultimate Dining package; the Ultimate Beverage package; shore excursion credit of $200 per person, pre-paid daily service charges; a 250-minute Internet package per person; 20 photos of any size; chocolate-covered strawberries; a bottle of wine; one bingo session and six bottles of water. For cruises from three to five days, the shore excursion credit is $100 per person; and for sailings from 9-14 days, the package includes 12 bottles of water.

As part of the All-Inclusive offer, Norwegian’s Ultimate Dining package provides complimentary access to one of the line’s specialty restaurants every night of the cruise, including Cagney’s, the popular steakhouse; French bistro, Italian restaurant, Moderno Churrascaria, Asian-Fusion restaurant and more. The Ultimate Beverage package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and on Norwegian’s private island, Great Stirrup Cay.

I would prefer a smaller package that just combines UDP and UBP...Now THAT I would buy in a second

SO if it was $899 for the 2 of us I think it would be worth it

Or if it included the cost of the cabin PP than probably

But just an additional cost PP on top of cabin price not worth it for us

I don't think so at all. I think this will entice new or inexperienced cruisers. Who buys 20 photos?! The newbies do! If you have 2 people in the cabin, that's 40 pictures. Same with shore excursions. Most of us experienced cruisers know not to book with the ship, so that's out. If you cruise often, you're already getting the strawberries (not to mention other treats) and most often, the cheap free bottle of wine. The 10% off the cruise fare may be worth it though, especially in the Haven. It really all depends ....

I think between the 3 of us, we only had a total of about 12 photos taken of us the entire cruise, and 10 of those were pulling the string on the plank.

We were one of the NCL cruisers who received an email a couple of months ago, with the link to take the survey regarding this topic. The survey was lengthy and they hit upon each one of these "value added" services and options. After completing the first part of the survey, NCL would then ask you to rate again the components of the "value added" services and options with added language and detail. Once again after completing that portion of the survey, they added even more explanation and details about this all-inclusive deal. There were three portions of the survey where we would rate the options and then mark if it was something we would be interested in having included in the package.

For some cruisers who do not like to plan and like to have a firm dollar amount to the total cost of their vacation, who are well informed what this package allows you to partake in, and will then use these services and options, it would be a good deal. However, as I made clear to NCL on the survey, we do much planning and budgeting on our own, do not partake in many of the added services provided on the ship and feel we have an exceptional cruise doing it our way. Your cruise, your personal cruise experience, done just right by NCL. More options for others to choose from does not negatively impact us and allows others to have their perfect cruise experience as well. Be informed, choose wisely and enjoy!

$899 per person regardless of cabin. The price is in addition to the price of whatever cabin you choose, but you'll get 10% off the cabin at time of booking if you buy this.

Thanks but for me adding 899 per person to my cruise fare per person is making cruise not affordable for me

Suzanne

Why guess when you can call NCL and ask. I just called and it's $899 PER PERSON so if you are 2 in a cabin it's a whooping $1798, way out of line with what we spend for the 2 of us.

Obnoxious.

.....exactly what I was thinking.

wasiii

I don't find it a reasonable amount because we don't drink. Some where along the line NCL may tweak the "optional all inclusive" to accommodate more people if it doesn't sell well. If it does sell well we'll have to thank those people who buy it for subsidizing the fares of those who don't buy it.

$899 per person regardless of cabin. The price is in addition to the price of whatever cabin you choose, but you'll get 10% off the cabin at time of booking if you buy this.

It is an interesting concept, but not quite "there" for us as we have no interest in many of the included benefits (bingo, pictures, etc).

It is an interesting concept, but not quite "there" for us as we have no interest in many of the included benefits (bingo, pictures, etc).

Definitely agree!

Today I am without a doubt cranky and this all inclusive just doesn't hit me quite right.

For some first time cruisers/or new to NCL seeing the $$$ your package will cost could have a negative impact.

We have the UDP and the UBP for our Breakaway cruise in 2 weeks. (Had UBP last year and loved the convenience and we were up $200+ at end of cruise, we are in our late 40s).

I will always purchase these two packages if I can and they are offered.

To me, having drinks and dinner is like an AI. I book my excursions independently

and take my own pictures. I do not want and don't need to be "connected" on vacation

and with the exception of a few little purchases on board (need to get that beachbag LOL), I don't see a need to purchase anything else.

Edited by js

I agree. Change it up and maybe.

Does the whole cabin have to purchase?

If not, hhhmmmmm....

Edited by js

"all inclusive" is misleading...it doesn't even include unlimited bottles of water. seriously? I don't get that alcohol is unlimited and water isn't.

The package seems worth it only if you're in the haven or a very expensive cabin and the 10% amounts to a significant savings. We're booked in the haven on the Escape inaugural transatlantic where the 10% amounts to $900...we'll see what the cost is for this package on that cruise.

Does anyone know how this will be priced for cruises over 7 days?

NCL can't get a break. Other forum topics complain about being charged for items and that cruising is not all-inclusive.

Cruising is full of choices...cabin, dining, photo/no photo, excursions...this is just one more option. I appreciate that NCL is trying new things and trust that program changes will come over time and after they have some experience with the concept.