Easy entrance and exit from water at the beach!

c4blunjit

Hi all. I have some knee issues and found it very hard to get out of the water at the beach in Waikiki. Fellow beach goers had to come help me. I'm nervous about the beaches in Bermuda. Are there any beaches that do not have a drop off or where you don't feel like the sand is going out from under your feet as you try to get out of the water?? Thanx

Hi all. I have some knee issues and found it very hard to get out of the water at the beach in Waikiki. Fellow beach goers had to come help me. I'm nervous about the beaches in Bermuda. Are there any beaches that do not have a drop off or where you don't feel like the sand is going out from under your feet as you try to get out of the water?? Thanx

Horseshoe Bay did not appear to have a drop off, especially on the right side where it is sheltered by rocks. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

We just were on Horseshoe Beach 2 days ago. The entrance there is flat but no shade. We ventured to the left as far as we could go and at that point all along the beach you have to climb some to get down to the beach, it did not bother me but my husband helped me a lot. It is just beautiful with all the rock formations and we were able to get shade all day under a overhang.

The water was beautiful but the sand does make for unstable conditions due to rough seas.

Tobacco bay is very calm, but the walk there is tough on the knees.

Enjoy,

Marcia

Tobacco bay beach in St. George would be your best bet .

Small beach with full facilities . Maybe 75 ft from the parking lot to the shallow water very good for snorkeling too.

Edited by biker@sea

Tobacco bay is shallow for quite a ways out....it can also have rocks here and there but easy to see as the water is gin clear....the day we went to horseshoe it was too rough but over to the right was a natural pool that was easy to walk in to...hope this helps....I have a problem with the squishy dropoffs as well....we try to go to beaches where there are other people around in case we need a little help....a sense of humor helps....once in st marten both of us had trouble getting out where we had gone in.....I got so frustrated I just rolled myself back in the water like a big burrito!...able to find a safer exit in another spot....hope you have a great trip...

Although we enjoy Tobacco Bay as well, Horseshoe Bay has the easiest access from Dockyard, better amenities, and just off to the right when you enter the beach there is an area sheltered by rocks that makes it calm.

IMG_0801.jpg.818b49b45245f010dcdac60ce3118902.jpg