New float out date 9 Aug

Quantum of the Seas to leave building dock II

On Saturday, 09. August 2014 the 167.800-gt cruise ship Quantum of the Seas, the third largest cruise ship in the world, will leave MEYER WERFT’s covered building dock II. The float-out of the ship, built for US cruise operator Royal Caribbean International, will commence around 07:30 a.m.

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/ticker.jsp

Hey Derf -- long time, no see, Man! :cool:

Do you have any idea what time that would be for us "left-coasters"?

I'm terrible with time conversion, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I've going to be watching this one in my jammies! ;)

I plan to be in Papenburg next saturday for the Quantum of the Seas float out.

Hope to get some good pictures as well as videos - I will post pictures and videos on my blog: Quantum of the Seas float out and Ems Conveyance after the event.

Also planning for pictures and videos from the Ems Conveyance in September.

Can't wait to view your blog!!

Hope to get some good pictures as well as videos - I will post pictures and videos on my blog: Quantum of the Seas float out and Ems Conveyance after the event.

Thanks so much. I am so excited. RCCL really knows how to build beautiful ships, IMO. I can't wait to see this beauty fully, floating in a few days. Ya gotta give it to them, for such a massive vessel she has beautiful lines. We are on the nov 18 sailing and I am beyond excited. Can't wait for your blog update. Thank you again.

Thanks so much. Can't wait to see her!

One would think that RCL would know what is going to be inside the ship by this time. The floorplan still has a lot of 'More to come' spaces. I hope that there are not just boarded up wall openings when we cruise on Dec 1st....

Come on RCL... The 'More to come' was cute six months ago but it is getting a bit old now that the ship is ready to float out. :mad:

Just Noticed that the float out date has been changed again.... now it's August 12th

Quantum of the Seas to leave building dock II

On Saturday, 09. August 2014 the 167.800-gt cruise ship Quantum of the Seas, the third largest cruise ship in the world, will leave MEYER WERFT’s covered building dock II. The float-out of the ship, built for US cruise operator Royal Caribbean International, will commence around 07:30 a.

from

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/ticker.jsp

I'm afraid that executive2 is right - the float out will not be this Saturday - but more likely Tuesday but not confirmed

This is the current message from Meyer Werft:

Float out of Quantum of the Seas

Expected Date: within the next days

As soon as we can give more detailed information about the specific timetable, we are going to publish them in this section. Please desist from further inquiries till then.

at: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/besucher/termine_1/wichtige_termine.jsp

Another change:

Expected Date: Tuesday afternoon, August 12, 2014, approx. 16:00 pm

All details are subject to wind and weather conditions and can hence not be warranted. Chances to the time schedule may occur!

With so little information being made available I am pondering when Q Of The Seas will actually launch & more importantly will she enter service as planned on the 02/11/2014

Something doesn't seem quite right currently & the RCI media marketing machine is very quiet......