Our Day with Patouche

viennacruiser

Tortola

This was another excellent day, we had a day with Patouche, we had originally booked their group trip on the Catamarann, but before we arrived Julie E-mailed me that we were being upgraded to their luxury speed boat.

We were off the ship by 7:30AM and took a cab $3/PP to their location, it was not a long walk, but my mother has trouble walking so we decided to take a ride.

We were early, but Julie was thrilled to see us and we got an early start and what a beautiful boat we were on. There was plenty of room for allof us to be comfortable all the kids sat up front, Joe was so helpful to my Mom, who had a hard time getting on and he was patient with her and made sure she was comfortable.

The ride over was great, there was soda, beer, water and rum punch for all who wanted it. He played fun music and told us many interesting facts during our trip.

Upon arriving at the Baths, he and his first mate Shane helped everyone with their snorkel gear and lead us to the beach and than led the 15 of us, including my 5 year old nephew thru the baths, we were there before the ships excursion and had took out time getting thru with Shane giving us fun tidbits of information, we had plenty of time for exploring and pictures.

When we got to the opposite side, we did the reverse of the cruise excursion. We started were they ended, Shane led us all back snorkeling and pointing out all sorts of wonderful sea life. All but my DH and I were pretty novice snorkelers, but Shane made sure everyone was comfortable safe and saw lots of stuff.

While we were all out, Joe went above and beyond and paddled my 70-72 year old parents to shore so they could explore the beach.

When we all got back the kids spend time jumping and diving off the boat, on the way back we all had cold soda's, beer and rum punch and a fun ride back. We were back by 12:30 and Julie had radioed ahead for a taxi for us and we were able to spend an hour or so shopping,

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this trip was I would recommend to anyone who wants to see the Baths, or just have a sailing trip.

We would have liked to stay in Tortola longer, but we were all tired and had so much fun.

Thanks for your report! Can I ask how much time was spent at the baths? Can you spend time on the beach there? Also what is the cost of this excursion? Thanks!

We spend about 21/2-3 hrs in total, yes you could spend time at the beach my parents were at the beach the entire time we went thru the baths and snorkeled, we could have gone back to the beach, but the kids were having fun jumping of the boat.

It cost us $50/pp. Hope this helps

I just inquired about the different trips that could be planned for our group of 8, I was quoted 1200.00 for the speedboat and 60.00 per person for the schedulled daysail or 88.00 per person for a private sail. This was for 1/2 day and I was told we would be leave at 9:00 and be back by 1:00. This includes drinks, & snorkeling gear.

We had a group of 17 so that may be the difference, not sure, we arrived early so we started early,but we were scheduled for 9AM.

I liked getting there early it was still very warm and we really avoided the crowds.

Either way you will have a great time, they are wonderful

Where did you pickup your excursion in relation to the dock? Do they come to get you right across the dock? or do you have to walk that 1/2 mile into Road Town.

Ive been to Tortola 2x and went to the Baths with the Legends Excursion. I would like to do a pvt excursion next time to the Baths.

We had a group of 17 so that may be the difference, not sure, we arrived early so we started early,but we were scheduled for 9AM.

I liked getting there early it was still very warm and we really avoided the crowds.

Either way you will have a great time, they are wonderful

This only adds up to $850.00 for the speedboat. They quoted me $1200.00:eek:

We would really like to do the speedboat but @150.00 p/p for about 4 hours seems a little much. Sounds like you got a great deal!

Where did you pickup your excursion in relation to the dock? Do they come to get you right across the dock? or do you have to walk that 1/2 mile into Road Town.

Ive been to Tortola 2x and went to the Baths with the Legends Excursion. I would like to do a pvt excursion next time to the Baths.

We took a taxi to their office, it was $3/pp worth it to us, and the taxi was waiting for us when we got back,

This was my only trip to the baths so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was nice to not be with the crowds.

Sharon2U,

Yes I think we got a great deal, the boat was really beautiful and very relaxing for our family. I would pay $150/PP for what we got. My DH might not :rolleyes: Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

I got a very nice e-mail today re: our Sun visit. The web site and the boards seem to be fine for a half day (quote $60) but is there any alternatives that include on e than the Baths?. It's an early day (they say 9-12) and it would be nice to spend a little of the afternoon snorkeling, sunning, and maybe an occasional rum punch!!.:)

Archived