Breakaway This Sunday and BERTHA

kkpcruiser

I would appreciate some insight into what to expect with the threat of Bertha: not highly organized but tracking between the East Coast and Bermuda for the

first leg at sea, not to mention the crummy forecast of 80% rain the 3 days while in Bermuda.

Can a ship this size change itineraries? What are the options?

I'm sure this scenario has happened before and I'd like to know what changes the ship made. I'm not relishing a rougher than usual cruise to reach Bermuda.

Any thoughts or prior experience with a similar situation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We were on a cruise on the Breakaway last year to Bermuda in September and there was a tropical storm/hurricane that hit Bermuda. We didn't feel the rough seas since the captain went around the storm and then followed behind the storm to reach the port of Bermuda. We arrived into port at night of the first day we were supposed to be there about 12 hours later than expected. The next morning was horrible with terrible wind and rain. We tried to venture out into it but was soaked by the time we reached the bus stop area near the port. We headed back to the ship and waited until the weather cleared. It cleared up later that morning and the third day was beautiful.

Hope you have a great cruise and I hope the storm doesn't effect your cruise, because it sure can make things a little more stressful wondering about excursions and other plans you might of had for Bermuda, but at least you are cruising!

I would appreciate some insight into what to expect with the threat of Bertha: not highly organized but tracking between the East Coast and Bermuda for the

first leg at sea, not to mention the crummy forecast of 80% rain the 3 days while in Bermuda.

I'm sure this scenario has happened before and I'd like to know what changes the ship made. I'm not relishing a rougher than usual cruise to reach Bermuda.

Thanks in advance

NCl will never put you in harms way. We had the same situation. They kept us away from Bermuda until it hit them. Ended up being few day's late getting to Bermuda The captain kept us posted everyday. After the storm passed Bermuda (they did not get hit as hard as expected) we headed there. We got to stay in Bermuda but had to move from the Dockyard to Hamilton since other ships were coming in, they tendered us in from there. It was like an adventure day by day waiting to find out if we would end up in Bermuda. If you end up not getting to Bermuda they will take you somewhere!

NCL always puts their passenger's safety first. The Captain will do his best to make your cruise a safe one.

It might be a bit windy but I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

We sailed a few weeks ago in the wake of Hurricane Arthur and were fine.

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Bermuda's ever changing forecast is looking better for Thursday so hopefully it won't be a total wash out for our time there. I've just packed the ponchos:cool: and am hoping the seas are minimally rough.

Thanks for the optimistic replies!

Thanks in advance