Just back from Solstice, 1st time Celebrity cruiser

nilesmom22

Thanks for your review! We're on this same itinerary in just a few weeks :)

I was interested to read your comments on the Spa. Canyon Ranch took over Celebrity's operations in the spring. Given their excellent reputation, it's surprising to hear that things aren't up to snuff. We always enjoy the relaxation room and if they're in and out getting supplies it will absolutely ruin the experience.

Thanks for your review! We're on this same itinerary in just a few weeks :)

I was interested to read your comments on the Spa. Canyon Ranch took over Celebrity's operations in the spring. Given their excellent reputation, it's surprising to hear that things aren't up to snuff. We always enjoy the relaxation room and if they're in and out getting supplies it will absolutely ruin the experience.

The treatments were up to standard just not the support staff. I'm guessing they will get it together.

As stated, If you don't like the shows in general, why would you attend for only to walk out in the middle of the production?

I find people who act as you do to be very inconsiderate and rude towards others not to mention the entertainers. :(

I am with the OP on this one about attending shows. We always sit at the bar in the last row of the theater so we can exit early if the the show is not entertaining to us.

It appears said you like to dine in the specialty restuarants. On your next cruise on the Reflection you should book the Ultimate Dining package that is $29/day pp. It allows you to have all of your dining in the speciality resturants. It has to be booked on board on the first day for the whole cruise and there may be a limited amount available and is sold on a first come basis.

I don't kow the reason that you booked AQ but if it was for the Persian Gardens you can get a daily or weekly pass and it may be cheaper. The Persian Gardens on the Reflection is a little larger and has a ice room and a few other extra places . Before the switch to the new spa operators the other workers were also noisy, but it was not only them as many passengers felt that the area was a meeting room and carried on conversations, even though there is a sign asking them to be quite.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am with the OP on this one about attending shows. We always sit at the bar in the last row of the theater so we can exit early if the the show is not entertaining to us.

Agree with you, no harm sitting in the back at the bar in the last row walking out.

I find the people who are seated especially in the lower sections getting up in the middle of the show and walking out to be very inconsiderate and rude towards others not to mention the entertainers. I have seen this frequently.

It was a Celebrity excursion on Allen Marine tours I think. I can't look back at where I booked it on their site though. It was listed under Juneau tours if I'm not mistaken. We met about 730-745 and got off the ship about 800-815. We went very close to the glacier and saw 50-75 seals just hanging out. We were able to do both the north and south Sawyer glaciers. We also saw some mountain goats. They took us to beautiful waterfalls and 1 was close enough to touch! We saw both glaciers calving several times. They give you complimentary hot drinks and I think snacks were available at a nominal fee.

The ride back to the ship is a little long and everyone seemed tired because everyone gets up so early that day. You would have to do the same ride back if you were on the ship so I think it's worth it.

There were plenty of photo opportunities for everyone and one of the boat helpers picked up a small piece of ice and brought it onboard. Most everyone got a kick out of that. All of the staff were knowledgeable and happy.

We got back to the ship at 130-145, enough time for a quick lunch and then off to do whale watching (which was awesome!!!).

I would call Celebrity if you can't find it, I think it was well worth it.

You're going to have a wonderful time :D

Cheers

Really appreciate the info :)

Did you find a drink on Solstice which is similar to the Cucumber Martini from Oasis of the Seas 150 Central Park?

Thanks for the review!

I didn't have anything at 150 Central but I had a martini at the martini bar on Solstice that had cucumber I think. I'm pretty sure it was a fresca martini.

It appears said you like to dine in the specialty restuarants. On your next cruise on the Reflection you should book the Ultimate Dining package that is $29/day pp. It allows you to have all of your dining in the speciality resturants. It has to be booked on board on the first day for the whole cruise and there may be a limited amount available and is sold on a first come basis.

I don't kow the reason that you booked AQ but if it was for the Persian Gardens you can get a daily or weekly pass and it may be cheaper. The Persian Gardens on the Reflection is a little larger and has a ice room and a few other extra places . Before the switch to the new spa operators the other workers were also noisy, but it was not only them as many passengers felt that the area was a meeting room and carried on conversations, even though there is a sign asking them to be quite.

Happy cruising

AQ wasn't that much more on this sailing and I thought I wanted Blu. I will definitely check out that package. Thanks for the info.