Recommended 'Beach Reads'?

BabsterA

I find this posts rather amusing. There are so many "tastes" in books that one persons suggestion can be another persons crap. With hundreds of thousands of books... well.

Note: Not slamming anybody here... just running my mouth.

For a beachy, mystery read, believe it or not, Anthony Bourdaine (the chef) has a couple of mysteries set in the Caribbean. Gone Bamboo and Bone in the Throat. The Bobby Gold Stories is also his.

While not beachy, the Janet Evanovich series about the New Jersey bonds-woman is an easy read and FUNNY.

Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb is one of my favorite mystery series, a NYPD detective in the future (around 2050 I think), is very enjoyable.

I picked up "Cruising Panama's Canal: Experience the sights, sounds and thrills of cruise travel, told with the wit and charm of travel memoir writers Al & Sunny Lockwood" for $5 on Amazon for our Panama Canal cruise. It's definitely cruisey, being the account of their Panama Canal cruise. I've only read a little bit, and it's an easy read.

I also love the JD Robb series. Fast paced, fun and an easy read for vacation.

I find this posts rather amusing. There are so many "tastes" in books that one persons suggestion can be another persons crap. With hundreds of thousands of books... well.

Note: Not slamming anybody here... just running my mouth.

So true! Subjective just like food.

I love to read so I'm always happy to "talk books!"

Love to eat, too!

Books and food are pretty safe topics. Bring up "TIPPING - DAILY SERVICE CHARGE" and watch the fireworks!

...Boks and foo are pretty safe tropics. Bring up "TIPPING - DAILY SERVICE CHARGE" and watch'n da fire work!

I do not have to bring up the DSC if I do not want to. In fact, I am going to adjust your posting appropriately.

LOL in case somebody missed it.