Vision Fitness Center Spin Classes?

Pardon the specificity of this question, but we've only sailed on the Allure and Oasis. So, I don't want to assume the same things will be available on our upcoming 7 day Western Caribbean Vision cruise.

Are spin bikes available in the fitness center? If so, are there spin classes available on Vision? Ok, and as if to get way specific.. if there are spin bikes, are they the kind you can use bike shoes with clips for the workout?

Yeah, I know... but I'm a triathlete, so I much prefer using my bike shoes over plain old shoes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

We've sailed a lot, and have yet to be on a cruise that does not offer spinning. It will be there, at least once. Heck, we even had it in the afternoon on a Majesty trip.

BUT... if you took the Flywheel class on Oasis/Allure- it's not the same as that- and the bike quality is a little variable. Hopefully, since the Vision was recently updated, they do have the newer- non friction style bikes. The older ones limited the maximum resistance one could do on them, thanks to their age.

that being said, I'm not a biker, and all I can say is that the pedals are compatable with clips. Style, model, etc- no idea. But you can clip in.

One other thing- most ships we've been on, the spinning bikes were only for classes. But we were recently on the Rhapsody, and there were two of the older bikes out on the floor for general use. I do like those compared to normal exercise bikes. *maybe* for you...

Alfaeric.... thanks for the great reply.

Our Allure cruise was pre half marathon, so I mostly just ran... 24 laps. Our Oasis cruise was post season, so I rested.

But this time around, I'm going to work hard during the trip so I can chill and not feel guilty about a drink or two.

But this time around, I'm going to work hard during the trip so I can chill and not feel guilty about a drink or two.

or three

or four

Plus eat at a specialty restaurant. And eat something on an excursion. And have 2 more courses than normal every night.

LOL- for us, spinning and running are about survival, to make it through a cruise with minimal impact on our bodies.

Pardon the specificity of this question, but we've only sailed on the Allure and Oasis. So, I don't want to assume the same things will be available on our upcoming 7 day Western Caribbean Vision cruise.

Are spin bikes available in the fitness center? If so, are there spin classes available on Vision? Ok, and as if to get way specific.. if there are spin bikes, are they the kind you can use bike shoes with clips for the workout?

Yeah, I know... but I'm a triathlete, so I much prefer using my bike shoes over plain old shoes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm on vision in February. I don't suppose if your cruise is prior to that you might post back here with a bit of info about the classes/programmes they offer in the gym on board? My last cruise on the Splendour in May there was no PT on board so no classes!

I'm on vision in February. I don't suppose if your cruise is prior to that you might post back here with a bit of info about the classes/programmes they offer in the gym on board? My last cruise on the Splendour in May there was no PT on board so no classes!

I'm not on the Vision until December. I will try to remember to report back.

Is the spinning at an extra cost?

The OP wants to know if they should bring bike shoes...I'm wondering if they are compatible with normal shoes since I don't have bike shoes. :)

Yes, spinning is an extra cost. And a little more if you do the Flywheel spinning on Oasis/Allure.

The pedals are the old strap holds on one side, and clip ins on the other. So both of you will be fine.

I think. The reason I'm not sure is that I've seen more than one clip for bikes. And not being a biker, I don't know which one is used.

(FWIW, if you do the Flywheel class on Oasis/Allure- they will supply shoes, as they are required with those bikes)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...