"Live" from Celebrity Century August 3-10, 2014

Richard&JohnSTX

DISEMBARCATION August 10: Up again at 7am, first call for Express walk-off was 7:30. We finished the packing and were out of the cabin at 8am. Poked our heads into the cabin next door to say goodbye to Luna, she was a wonderful attendant, she is transferring to Millennium in the fall to be closer to her family in the Philippines.

Up to Hemispheres on 12 where the Captain’s Club Departure Lounge was. Jonette had Coffee, Juice , and pastries for us as we sat and waited to go ashore. Oceania was on the next dock as well as the HA Statendam that had followed us down the Inside Passage. We do carry-on for all our trips so could have done the Express walk off at 7:30 but as we were staying in Vancouver for three more days had no need to depart so early. We hung out in Hemispheres reading our books until last call at 9:20am. Down to Deck Six Mid Ship and we were off to Canadian Customs. A bit slow but soon we were walking up the ramp to the street side that had brought us down just 7 days before! Just two minutes walk to the Sky Train Station and we were off to our new sleeps for the next three nights.

Thanks to Master Captain George latrou and Jonette, the Captain’s Club Hostess for adding even more to our experience of a fine holiday indeed!

There are still two more cruises of this itinerary and then a slightly different itinerary with repositioning to San Francisco so if you have any questions ask away!

Richard

Thanks for the excellent review. Can't wait to be on her in two weeks!

Two questions: was there a discount in Murano's the first night? And when cruising the inside passage, was the temperature on the balcony shorts weather or long pants?

Safe travels for the rest of your journey!

Hi Richard and John - just read your report on Century and glad to hear you're enjoying it. We are on her next March too - flying out from UK to Singapore for a couple of days, then boarding on what will be our 40th wedding anniversary. May see you on board! Lynda and Tony.

Thanks for the excellent review. Can't wait to be on her in two weeks!

Two questions: was there a discount in Murano's the first night? And when cruising the inside passage, was the temperature on the balcony shorts weather or long pants?

Safe travels for the rest of your journey!

Sorry, missed whether there was a discount at Murano the first night. for people like us that are used to warm weather the Inside Passage was definitely long pants. But there were plenty of people up on deck in shorts!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Richard and John - just read your report on Century and glad to hear you're enjoying it. We are on her next March too - flying out from UK to Singapore for a couple of days, then boarding on what will be our 40th wedding anniversary. May see you on board! Lynda and Tony.

Hi Linda, we sure did enjoy the Century though 7 days was way too short. Looking forward to 14 nights in March see you then!

Hi, guys--

The same thing happened to Norm and I on Century a year ago this June doing the same cruise. Marlene was the CC Hostesses and she met us at check-in (Two white roses had been given to us with our SeaPass cards -- that was so she could ID us!) and told us we were the top cruisers! I think at that time we had 42 points under the old system. We may have also been the first same sex couple to be so honored. Instead of the usual flowers and champagne we each got a nice bottle of wine from Captain George at the CC meeting. No stage appearances for us!

This will probably be too late but we did the ship's cooking excursion at Icy Point Strait. Outstanding! The freshest salmon and halibut we'd ever had.

We are doing the SFO-SYD cruise and also SIN-DXB and DXB-FCO. See you along the way.

Frank and Norm in cloudy and humid SBA:cool:

Hi Frank and Norm,

We will have something in common to talk about SIN-DBX! Of course we all will be bumped off the near top that cruise as Jonette said there was already some Zeniths booked!

If I remember right you posted that you guys were staying at the new Holiday Inn Express a few nights before the cruise in Singapore. That's on our short list for three nights before so maybe we'll see you there!

Richard

Thanks, Richard. I really enjoyed your "live" review. Have a great time on the remainder of your trip.

And do post a few photos when you get home!

Hi and thanks! We have tons of photos and were hoping to post a selection from the hotel here in Vancouver but the Wi Fi here is worse than on the ship! How can that be? We don't get home until the end of the month but hoping the internet connections will be better in our next stops Boston and Nova Scotia so can post from there!

Hi Frank and Norm,

We will have something in common to talk about SIN-DBX! Of course we all will be bumped off the near top that cruise as Jonette said there was already some Zeniths booked!

If I remember right you posted that you guys were staying at the new Holiday Inn Express a few nights before the cruise in Singapore. That's on our short list for three nights before so maybe we'll see you there!

Richard

I was also the top cruiser on the Century for the first week of July last year. It was a huge surprise to me, as I didn't think I would EVER be top cruiser. Marlene was brand new as a CCH, and was just wonderful. We were treated unbelievably well, and I even have a photo taken with the charming Captain George.

I have just booked on to the Singapore to Dubai segment of Century's goodbye tour next March, so will see you all then. Frank and Norm (sbalax) this will be the third time I've sailed with you. (I'm the one who did NOT bring you the Nanaimo Bars that I'd promised :o). You were so very kind to me on my first ever cruise without my husband...I think that was the Millennium in 2009, Pacific Coastal 12-night Wine Cruise (IIRC). It will be great to see you again.

I really enjoyed your review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Thanks, it was fun doing it! Will post a the full review with pictures on the Members Review area when I figure out a photo hosting site. I see you use smugmug. How easy is it to use? Thanks, Richard

Thanks Richard for all your posts and look forward to your full review with pictures. We will be sailing on Sept 4 and I am too excited especially after reading your posts. Did you find out when Jonette is leaving the ship as she will be back on again in March when you sail again.

Debbie

Thanks Richard for all your posts and look forward to your full review with pictures. We will be sailing on Sept 4 and I am too excited especially after reading your posts. Did you find out when Jonette is leaving the ship as she will be back on again in March when you sail again.

Debbie

Jonette and the Captain both take vacation in October if I remember correctly - she is back onboard in December and Capt. George in January. Have a great cruise and tell them hi for us!

Thanks, it was fun doing it! Will post a the full review with pictures on the Members Review area when I figure out a photo hosting site. I see you use smugmug. How easy is it to use? Thanks, Richard

I think that Smugmug is easy to use. I have used this site for about three to four years.

Glad you had a great time. Maybe someday I will be able to avail myself of those elite breakfasts and cocktail hours!

Hope you had a good time here in Vancouver....sorry about the rainy weather today...

Glad you had a great time. Maybe someday I will be able to avail myself of those elite breakfasts and cocktail hours!

Hope you had a good time here in Vancouver....sorry about the rainy weather today...

Hope you do get to that status so you too can enjoy the perks!

The weather was not so bad, didn't get too wet! Started at Pacific Centre looking for marked down summer clothes. Then a stroll through Gastown and a pasta and red wine lunch. Then over to Chinatown for some photos. Nice Day!