ncl epic drinks package upgrade

elliemoll

Hi we're first time cruisers, going on the NCL Epic on 12th October. The travel agent advised us to upgrade to the full drinks package but on finding out the price, we were wondering if its worth it? Does anyone have any idea of what the drinks onboard actually cost so that we can maybe work out whats best for us to do. Thanks, :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will get better answers if you ask this question on the NCL board at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

You might also be interested in joining your Roll Call to see what others on your cruise are doing -- at this link to the Epic -- just scroll down until you find the date of your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Hi we're first time cruisers, going on the NCL Epic on 12th October. The travel agent advised us to upgrade to the full drinks package but on finding out the price, we were wondering if its worth it? Does anyone have any idea of what the drinks onboard actually cost so that we can maybe work out whats best for us to do. Thanks, :)

Prices on the Gem were (and I believe pricing is consistent fleetwide) beer is $5.50, drinks of the day $7.95, specialty cocktails $8.95-10.95, rum and coke/simple cocktail $5.75, wine $6-$9 a glass, all plus gratuity. Basically you would have to drink 7 drinks everyday in order to break even.

I don't think NCL's package is worth it because it doesn't include nearly the things that the same kind of package on Celebrity. You don't get bottled water, specialty coffee and tea and a lot of other beverages that are included in Celebrity's premium drink package.

I don't think NCL's package is worth it because it doesn't include nearly the things that the same kind of package on Celebrity. You don't get bottled water, specialty coffee and tea and a lot of other beverages that are included in Celebrity's premium drink package.

When I am looking to purchase something I look at what I am getting from that vendor at that time and decide if it's worth it. Celebrity might offer more in their package but that doesn't necessarily lessen the value of another cruise line's package. The question is can one get their value out of the package consuming what is offered.

There was a spreadsheet posted on another thread. It has instructions on how to use it and it will determine if the UBP will be worth it for you. The page labeled SPREADSHEET is where you enter number of cruisers and number of drinks, etc. I thought it was to a link, but it was to download. I would not normally download something for fear of a corrupted file, but like I said, I thought it was just a link. Has not infected my pc. Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042900&highlight=ncl+drink+spreadsheet