Dawn penthouse choice.. PLEASE HELP

bbryan5

So I'm looking at cabin 8670 AFT facing, and also looking at 9502 front facing. We have never been in a suite before, just mini-suites and balconies. Do you all prefer aft, or front facing cabins? Any pix of either of these 2 cabins would be great. If anyone has ever stayed in either one, please give me some info! THANKS! :D

Do you know that the 8 something aft penthouse is over the disco? I've heard very bad things about thumping and noise. I wouldn't book this one unless noise doesn't bother you and you go to sleep late. The other thing about deck 8 aft penthouses is that their balconies, while wide, are not very deep, and the loungers must be placed horizontally instead of looking out to the sea. We just got back from aft penthouse 10228 and I was unprepared for how noisy the sound of the wake was.

Did you know you can search this site for individual cabin reviews? Under the reviews tab. And you can search for Dawn and a specific cabin number in the general search and you might hit paydirt and find photos of the 10 something cabin you inquired about.

Thanks for the info so far! I do see that 8670 is right above spinnaker lounge. This will be our honeymoon, we have done 4 ncl cruises thus far, and we are normally not in bed before 2am. If we won't be in bed until after spinnaker closes, are there any other concerns about being directly above it? Is there any other negatives to cabin 8670? Thanks a lot!

We stayed in 9502 back in 2003. It remains one of our favorite cabins. The balcony is huge, and we loved having the same view as the bridge. When you are on your balcony, you can be seen from the bridge, the adjacent balconies and the higher public deck (when out by the rail that is) But the closer you are to the cabin, the less you are able to be seen. We kept the steel bulkhead door hooked in the open position and had no problems. You are asked to keep your curtains closed at night if you are going to have the interior lights on. (big deal..when its dark outside and the interior lights are on..you cant see out anyway.) Be careful opening the hallway door when the balcony door is open. The vacuum created will suck every loose paper into the hallway.

9502 is one of the infamous "wave cabins". It was damaged as a result of the "rogue wave" that hit NORWEGIAN DAWN a few years ago. The interior furnishings and décor MAY be a bit newer than those around it. (but Im not sure)

Its a great cabin!!