Tracy's Crab Shack - Juneau

volive

Before our Harv and Marv excursion to see the whales, my family and I headed to Tracy's Crab shack...

Don't think your going to get crab any cheaper than at home. Alaskan King crab runs about $30/lb, but it was SOOOO GOOD! They had a particular type of King Crab that had just arrived that morning, so we got that instead of the classic.

All seating is outside, so dress appropriately. You eat picnic style at tables with other people. Everyone was friendly, the atmosphere was fun. I liked seeing the owner walking around managing things. Being a business owner myself, I can always tell when a business has an absent owner...

My wife didn't care for the crab bisque, but I thought it was really good.

3 Shacks, order at 1, pick up your drinks at another. 3rd shack is where they cook everything. They will call your name when its ready.

Its really nice to see a small business do well. From just a small food trailer to the new current storefront location is a big change in just a few years. I hope they do fantastic this year to support the big $$ investment they made.

Its really nice to see a small business do well. From just a small food trailer to the new current storefront location is a big change in just a few years. I hope they do fantastic this year to support the big $$ investment they made.

We were there the end of May and loved their new location..I believe they had just made the move.

We were there the end of May and loved their new location..I believe they had just made the move.

Oh, snap! Tracy moved? Guess I'll have to look it up on the internet to find her new address. Hopefully, she is still located near the docks.

Read earlier there are 3 shacks now! Tracy is growing by leaps & bounds. The word is spreading around that it's good eating. Best King crab I've ever tasted. Of course, it's frozen, but still better than what I can get at the grocery store down here in the lower 48.

Oh' date=' snap! Tracy moved? Guess I'll have to look it up on the internet to find her new address. Hopefully, she is still located near the docks.

Read earlier there are 3 shacks now! Tracy is growing by leaps & bounds. The word is spreading around that it's good eating. Best King crab I've ever tasted. Of course, it's frozen, but still better than what I can get at the grocery store down here in the lower 48.[/quote']

In July, the outside "regular" area was still there. Their inside restaurant is kind of in front of there.

In July, the outside "regular" area was still there. Their inside restaurant is kind of in front of there.

In May at their new location the only eating space was outside out back..the new storefront had no inside dining...Has that changed in 2 months ?

Oh' date=' snap! Tracy moved? Guess I'll have to look it up on the internet to find her new address. Hopefully, she is still located near the docks.

Read earlier there are 3 shacks now! Tracy is growing by leaps & bounds. The word is spreading around that it's good eating. Best King crab I've ever tasted. Of course, it's frozen, but still better than what I can get at the grocery store down here in the lower 48.[/quote']

The new location is only about 100-200 feet away. Tracys is now located in the small block of stores between her old location and the Tram. Storefront selling all sorts of souveniers and then out back on the docks are the 3 shacks mentioned along with a large tent with much more seating than before.

The new location is only about 100-200 feet away. Tracys is now located in the small block of stores between her old location and the Tram. Storefront selling all sorts of souveniers and then out back on the docks are the 3 shacks mentioned along with a large tent with much more seating than before.

Thank you, DougH!

The menu looks fabulous to me but I know my kids won't eat crab. There wasn't anything on the menu that wasn't crab. Does anyone know if there are any fast food type places nearby so I can pick up some lunch for my kids?

Tracy's was highly recommended on Trip Advisor as well as CC and I was looking forward to it during our Alaskan cruise. However by the time our tour ended in the late afternoon, the line outside the door was pretty long. And standing in line with so many other options available, including the ship dining, was not appealing to us.

In general we were disappointed with dining while in port. We ate locally in Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. All our restaurant choices were in the top 10 on Trip Advisor but, we thought the food was very expensive; and you would think fresh seafood would be a decent value in this region. That was not the case at all. We get just as good where we live.

We were spoiled on our 2013 New England/Canada cruise where we experienced some great local, very good seafood in restaurants with considerably more atmosphere. But it was still good, just not what we expected.

Tracy's was highly recommended on Trip Advisor as well as CC and I was looking forward to it during our Alaskan cruise. However by the time our tour ended in the late afternoon, the line outside the door was pretty long. And standing in line with so many other options available, including the ship dining, was not appealing to us.

In general we were disappointed with dining while in port. We ate locally in Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria. All our restaurant choices were in the top 10 on Trip Advisor but, we thought the food was very expensive; and you would think fresh seafood would be a decent value in this region. That was not the case at all. We get just as good where we live.

We were spoiled on our 2013 New England/Canada cruise where we experienced some great local, very good seafood in restaurants with considerably more atmosphere. But it was still good, just not what we expected.

Not sure why your thought, it would be a "bargain" eating in Alaska, it is clear is isn't. I find the value very high and well worth it. My favorite restaurants in Alaska have superb fish, and far better than what I get in NY. (which is pretty extensive) In fact, I eat up, every trip to Alaska, then don't touch salmon or halibut at home. I wait until I'm back in Alaska- which is pretty frequent this year. :)

Not sure why your thought, it would be a "bargain" eating in Alaska, it is clear is isn't. I find the value very high and well worth it. My favorite restaurants in Alaska have superb fish, and far better than what I get in NY. (which is pretty extensive) In fact, I eat up, every trip to Alaska, then don't touch salmon or halibut at home. I wait until I'm back in Alaska- which is pretty frequent this year. :)

LOL - I am not sure where I used the word "bargain"?