Pictorial walk to Baths beach

ryansmom

I was directed here by someone else because I was asking about info on the Baths, It's too bad a majority of the pictures you linked are bad in both of the postings. :( Is there another way to get to them?

All of Ryan'sMom's links to her photos work fine for me...?

I was directed here by someone else because I was asking about info on the Baths, It's too bad a majority of the pictures you linked are bad in both of the postings. :( Is there another way to get to them?

Thanks for letting me know you are having problems.

I looked into it and there is something weird going on. I did try a couple things, but they didn't work.

I will have my husband take a peek at it because he usually can figure out what's wrong.....

Ironically, while there this summer, I never got the video I planned to take. We never made it to the Baths! Ended up having apps and drinks at Jumbies instead, lol! Oh well!

I just tried again and they are working now. I'm not sure what was going on this morning. Maybe it was my computer (since others said it worked for them, but then again if they previously viewed them and it's in their cache that might be why). I would say maybe 1/4 of them worked and no matter how many times I closed it out and went back in, it was the same pictures that didn't work the first time that didn't work the next time. Oh well.

Thanks so much for the link. Awesome pictures. I do have a few questions though.

Everyone states to make sure not to wear flip flops and take water shoes but yet the guys in the pictures have on flip flops. :p I did notice some at the end where they had water shoes on and then the ending picture with no shoes and carrying their water shoes. I think I'm probably the only one in the family that might still have their water shoes and I honestly don't want to go out and buy shoes for everyone just for this one trip. My thoughts (even with myself walking) was to take off or shoes and walk. I rather walk barefooted in sand and climbing than with shoes on. Just a thought unless someone can tell me why this wouldn't work? :confused:

Also, the menu picture at the restaurant...do you have a bigger picture size so that I can read it and see the pricing? I'm a planner and like to budget things as close as possible. Is this place right at the top of the hill by the baths? Or do you need to walk somewhere to go to it?

The pool at this restaurant, is this for anyone to use?

Thanks in advance. :)

I just tried again and they are working now. I'm not sure what was going on this morning. Maybe it was my computer (since others said it worked for them, but then again if they previously viewed them and it's in their cache that might be why). I would say maybe 1/4 of them worked and no matter how many times I closed it out and went back in, it was the same pictures that didn't work the first time that didn't work the next time. Oh well.

Thanks so much for the link. Awesome pictures. I do have a few questions though.

Everyone states to make sure not to wear flip flops and take water shoes but yet the guys in the pictures have on flip flops. :p I did notice some at the end where they had water shoes on and then the ending picture with no shoes and carrying their water shoes. I think I'm probably the only one in the family that might still have their water shoes and I honestly don't want to go out and buy shoes for everyone just for this one trip. My thoughts (even with myself walking) was to take off or shoes and walk. I rather walk barefooted in sand and climbing than with shoes on. Just a thought unless someone can tell me why this wouldn't work? :confused:

Also, the menu picture at the restaurant...do you have a bigger picture size so that I can read it and see the pricing? I'm a planner and like to budget things as close as possible. Is this place right at the top of the hill by the baths? Or do you need to walk somewhere to go to it?

The pool at this restaurant, is this for anyone to use?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm glad you were able to see some of them.

Since it's been over 2 years since I was last there, let me try and remember.

The guys in the pictures in flip flops....TEENAGERS!!! That should explain that!! The tanner boy (my nephew) he lives in Florida. He didn't even BRING flip flops on our boat trip this summer there :rolleyes: ...typical!

I think flip flops are okay; it IS walkable in flip flops if you are pretty sturdy on your feet. If you could walk a trail at home in them, you should be okay there. Worst case, wear flip flops and if it's not working for you, take them off! If you have soft (or a recently really good scrubbing on your feet from pre-vacation pedi) or tender/sensitive feet, I don't know that I would like walking barefoot, but I would say flip flops are okay. I personally wouldn't go out and buy water shoes just to walk that trail (it's only 350 yards). Remember, the boys climbing are boys and (were) teenage boys....they do everything in flip flops!

After consulting with my son (the kid with the long blonde hair), the restaurant is at the top. There is also a Poor Man's restaurant down at the beach. The pool is at the restaurant at the top and yes, anyone can use it. Order your food and swim while you wait. (You don't need to wear shoes into the restaurant either ;) )

As for the menu....You can save the picture to your computer and then you can zoom in to see the prices. I didn't take closer pictures because I knew I could do that.

Enjoy your time!

I'm glad you were able to see some of them.

Since it's been over 2 years since I was last there, let me try and remember.

The guys in the pictures in flip flops....TEENAGERS!!! That should explain that!! The tanner boy (my nephew) he lives in Florida. He didn't even BRING flip flops on our boat trip this summer there :rolleyes: ...typical!

I think flip flops are okay; it IS walkable in flip flops if you are pretty sturdy on your feet. If you could walk a trail at home in them, you should be okay there. Worst case, wear flip flops and if it's not working for you, take them off! If you have soft (or a recently really good scrubbing on your feet from pre-vacation pedi) or tender/sensitive feet, I don't know that I would like walking barefoot, but I would say flip flops are okay. I personally wouldn't go out and buy water shoes just to walk that trail (it's only 350 yards). Remember, the boys climbing are boys and (were) teenage boys....they do everything in flip flops!

After consulting with my son (the kid with the long blonde hair), the restaurant is at the top. There is also a Poor Man's restaurant down at the beach. The pool is at the restaurant at the top and yes, anyone can use it. Order your food and swim while you wait. (You don't need to wear shoes into the restaurant either ;) )

As for the menu....You can save the picture to your computer and then you can zoom in to see the prices. I didn't take closer pictures because I knew I could do that.

Enjoy your time!

'Thanks for all your information. Yep, no tender feet here (well, at least for my and my youngest daughter...who knows about the adult kids lol, they're on their own with this one). Heck, I grew up running on rocks behind our house (down the alley) when I was late coming home from a friends house...didn't want momma to pull a switch off the tree. :p

I did look up the menu on their website, but I'm sorry, what they have listed on there (the lunch) doesn't sound much like "lunch" to me...steak and stuff and the prices :eek:. But I can "kinda" see yours and it looks like it might say hamburgers or something?

The problem is, you hosted these on photobucket and it will not allow you to save them. There's no right clicking to save or a download button. :( (Trust me, I tried before asking lol...no workie unless you can tell me a way). :)

'Thanks for all your information. Yep, no tender feet here (well, at least for my and my youngest daughter...who knows about the adult kids lol, they're on their own with this one). Heck, I grew up running on rocks behind our house (down the alley) when I was late coming home from a friends house...didn't want momma to pull a switch off the tree. :p

I did look up the menu on their website, but I'm sorry, what they have listed on there (the lunch) doesn't sound much like "lunch" to me...steak and stuff and the prices :eek:. But I can "kinda" see yours and it looks like it might say hamburgers or something?

The problem is, you hosted these on photobucket and it will not allow you to save them. There's no right clicking to save or a download button. :( (Trust me, I tried before asking lol...no workie unless you can tell me a way). :)

Let's make this easy....PM me your email address and I'll email them to you after dinner :)

Yes flip flops are a bad idea for hiking anywhere, especially on hilly terrain. Anything with a sole that stays snugly on your foot when walking up/down hill is better.

The Top of the baths restaurant is right where you're dropped and not far from the path. The pool is a wading pool and is for anyone, not very refreshing on a hot day but better than nothing. The food is not cheap of course, but decent and a comfortable place.

If time allowed we'd taxi to the Mineshaft Cafe, but it's hard with a larger group and when you have limited time.

We haven't eaten at the Mad Dog Cafe in years but it's a great spot for drinks and serves basic (less costly) sandwiches. Closer to the path to the baths and maybe 150 - 200 yards from the Top of the Baths.

but then again if they previously viewed them and it's in their cache that might be why

Different computers and servers, you may want to check the config requirements for that program...

Again, great post Ryansmom, pictures can better help those who have concerns about mobility issues, young kids, or are just obsessive planners. I also research destinations to prevent disappointment or surprises, but I like to wait to see the sights when we experience them, so I don't Look at the many youtube videos and pictures posted in reports here for that reason. But many folks want that level of detail, and we've shared your posts with others who want that on the Tortola forum (with credit to you, of course). :)

Edited by blue_water

Different computers and servers, you may want to check the config requirements for that program...

Again, great post Ryansmom, pictures can better help those who have concerns about mobility issues, young kids, or are just obsessive planners. I also research destinations to prevent disappointment or surprises, but I like to wait to see the sights when we experience them, so I don't Look at the many youtube videos and pictures posted in reports here for that reason. But many folks want that level of detail, and we've shared your posts with others who want that on the Tortola forum (with credit to you, of course). :)

I am like you....I research and look forward to seeing for myself.

With this particular subject though, I always saw MANY people inquiring about this. I too was curious and thought how much more helpful it would be to have photos.

When we were sailing the BVI this past summer, I HAD planned to actually take video of this trail. Sadly our bunch was in super slow, lazy vacation mode and we didn't have enough time to visit the Baths this year (hence the apps & drinks @ Jumbies instead). Whenever we make it there again, I will try to remember to up the ante and take video instead of just pictures. But for those who ARE concerned I am very glad you are all directing them to my photos....my EXACT intention!

I am like you....I research and look forward to seeing for myself.

With this particular subject though, I always saw MANY people inquiring about this. I too was curious and thought how much more helpful it would be to have photos.

When we were sailing the BVI this past summer, I HAD planned to actually take video of this trail. Sadly our bunch was in super slow, lazy vacation mode and we didn't have enough time to visit the Baths this year (hence the apps & drinks @ Jumbies instead). Whenever we make it there again, I will try to remember to up the ante and take video instead of just pictures. But for those who ARE concerned I am very glad you are all directing them to my photos....my EXACT intention!

super slow and lazy works for me!

Hopefully more folks let you know they appreciate your efforts!

Thanks so much! Got it and I really appreciate it. :)

Great!

super slow and lazy works for me!

Hopefully more folks let you know they appreciate your efforts!

:) I don't need appreciation....just you regulars to help & direct those looking for help to the photos!