Crown and Anchor

Is there any benefit to been a Gold Member of the Crown and Anchor ?

There may be discounts on cruises. You need to log in to Royal's website and view the cruise prices while logged in. Discounts, if any, will be automatically applied to the displayed prices.

Very little. You do get some discounts on board and a onboard booking bonus. A partial list;

Exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus

Ultimate value Booklet with great onboard offers

Exclusive invitation ot Welcome Back Party

SeaPass Card Recognition

Meet the Stars

Priority check-in

Private departure lounge with continental breakfast

Exclusive trivia

Exclusive Rates

Priority Notice of special offers

Set upgrade preferences

Mmmmmmmm . . . . . I don't know - Celebrity is great at Elite level :-)

Yes they are a good programme also but same parent company so would hope so

Once you hit platinum is where more benefits are worthwhile as you get discounts then and a few additional things and then gets much better as you climb the ladder

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are sister companies, your status on one is extended to the other, up to Elite on Celebrity. We are diamond on Royal and took our first Celebrity cruise as Elite status. Very Nice! You must contact the loyalty program to get the status and the point count is separate for each line i.e. I had elite status but no points on Celebrity. Once my cruise was over I just have the points for that cruise in Celebrity's loyalty system.

So if you keep cruising on Royal, your status will get higher. It will just take some time to get to the good stuff, depending on how often you cruise.

Can I ask a clarification? Do trips taken on Celebrity generate C&A points? Do trips taken on Royal Caribbean generate Celebrity points?

Many thanks.

Matt

Since Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are sister companies, your status on one is extended to the other, up to Elite on Celebrity. We are diamond on Royal and took our first Celebrity cruise as Elite status. Very Nice! You must contact the loyalty program to get the status and the point count is separate for each line i.e. I had elite status but no points on Celebrity. Once my cruise was over I just have the points for that cruise in Celebrity's loyalty system.

So if you keep cruising on Royal, your status will get higher. It will just take some time to get to the good stuff, depending on how often you cruise.

Can I ask a clarification? Do trips taken on Celebrity generate C&A points? Do trips taken on Royal Caribbean generate Celebrity points?

Many thanks.

Matt

I thought that her post was quite clear on that.

Points do not transfer between programs.

If you cruise on Celebrity, you earn points in the Captain's Club.

If you cruise on Royal Caribbean, you earn points in the Crown & Anchor Society.

Status above the lowest levels is honored at the equivalent level on the other.

If you are Platinum or Emerald, you sail on Celebrity as Select.

If you are Diamond or above, you sail as Elite.

And vice-versa.

Were only gold and got some pretty decent vouchers last year on FOS. They included multiple buy one get one free drinks, wine, milkshakes at johnny rockets, % off starbucks, and some others I can't remember. We used a bunch of them.. Nothing AMAZING but better than nothing, and it kind of helped us try some things that we normally wouldn't have.

levels seem to go by cruise points. Are cruise points calculated by number of days at sea or number of sailings. We are taking a 10 day next week, how many cruise points is that? thanks

As two of us told you on another thread where you asked this question, you earn one cruise point per night sailed, with an extra point per night if paying for a Junior Suite or higher and an extra point per night if sailing solo in a cabin that is double (or higher) occupancy.

ETA: If you don't already have a Crown & Anchor number (I see that you have been on several RC cruises already), call 1-800-526-9723 and get one. They will tell you how they are converting your "old" cruises into the "new" cruise points.

EATA: If you DO have a C&A number, go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com, click on Crown & Anchor Society, and enter/activate your C&A number there. At the My Cruises section of the website, you can add your past cruises.

Edited by Merion_Mom

levels seem to go by cruise points. Are cruise points calculated by number of days at sea or number of sailings. We are taking a 10 day next week, how many cruise points is that? thanks

1 point per day

2 points per day if you have Jr. Suite or better

Cruise points are calculated by number of nights on the ship.

As two of us told you on another thread where you asked this question, you earn one cruise point per night sailed, with an extra point per night if paying for a Junior Suite or higher and an extra point per night if sailing solo in a cabin that is double (or higher) occupancy.

LOL, make that 3 now :rolleyes:

You earn 1 cruise point for every night you cruise and 1 additional cruise point if you are booked in a JS or above cabin category.

If you are booked in a JS you will earn 20 cruise points. Anything below a JS you will earn 10 cruise points.

Crown & Anchor Points

3 = Gold Level

30 = Platinum Level

55 = Emerald Level

80 = Diamond Level

175 = Diamond Plus Level

700+ = Pinnacle Club Level

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm new to the C&A, I joined after realizing the girls trip I took back in '10 would still count and be added to be cruise points! However on this trip, I'm traveling with boyfriend, a first time cruiser. My question is, any benefits I receive will carry over for both of us right? For example, priority check in. Would that be a situation where I would get through quickly and be able to board but then wait on him? Just curious!

I'm new to the C&A, I joined after realizing the girls trip I took back in '10 would still count and be added to be cruise points! However on this trip, I'm traveling with boyfriend, a first time cruiser. My question is, any benefits I receive will carry over for both of us right? For example, priority check in. Would that be a situation where I would get through quickly and be able to board but then wait on him? Just curious!

He can check in and board with you because he is your cabinmate.