Century Australia Cruises

timbom

Booked a cruise a week or so ago on this Sydney east Australia cruise for 11 Nov. at what I thought was a great price. Today it dropped further.

Now it is a little over $800 for two people for eight days with all port and government tax's. As final payment date has not come I had them reduce my fare to reflect this price for past cruiser/ inside.

Anyone have any idea why this cruise is so cheap? I am getting a little concerned as based on other cruise lines this cruise should be close to 2K.

Booked a cruise a week or so ago on this Sydney east Australia cruise for 11 Nov. at what I thought was a great price. Today it dropped further.

Now it is a little over $800 for two people for eight days with all port and government tax's. As final payment date has not come I had them reduce my fare to reflect this price for past cruiser/ inside.

Anyone have any idea why this cruise is so cheap? I am getting a little concerned as based on other cruise lines this cruise should be close to 2K.

No major concerns. Just the Century ones aren't so popular, as it's their oldest ship and Solstice operating here has more standout features.

Hi timbom,

We seem to pay a lot more for this cruise from Australia ,we have booked 4 cabins with friends and family members , one couple in the inside was $1899 for the both of them the others have a mixture of different cabins and only wish we could have paid the cheaper pricing on all of those cabins .

There seems to be a lot cabins still left on this cruise ,apart from the Penthouses and the Royals suites .

Don't forget to come over to the roll call for this cruise ,we are already organizing a few things ie cabin crawl ,we haven't had many join us yet but it is only early days yet . so far only Aussies and a few from England .

Cheers Deb

No major concerns. Just the Century ones aren't so popular, as it's their oldest ship and Solstice operating here has more standout features.

YVR cruiser: Perhaps it is not selling well and the price has been dropped to encourage more bookings.

Great summaries by those two experienced CC Board posting experts. With four sea days and only three ports (Melbourne' date=' Adelaide, Port Lincoln), maybe that, plus being in mid-November, does not sell/work as well? It's Marketing 101 to match customer interests/demand with what is being offered at the right/best times.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 71,378 views for this fun posting.

This yield pricings that these cruise lines use is Crazy. Today the price for the cruise doubled from what I paid yesterday.

So glad I watch pricing as if I would not of I would of paid almost $500 more on this cruise.

Too bad travel agents don't offer a program where once you book with them their computer program checks pricing on real time and reduces the price automatically if prices go down.

I guess they have no incentive to do this as it would reduce their commission and require extra effort.

This yield pricings that these cruise lines use is Crazy. Today the price for the cruise doubled from what I paid yesterday.

I actually think it's great as a consumer. The alternative is prices wouldn't fall based on demand, so there'd just be one set price. Or they would fall only slightly, to keep the market price stable, and the ship would sail with empty berths.

However, as consumers, that means you'd never get low prices. I doubt there are many consumers who would like that.

I actually think it's great as a consumer. The alternative is prices wouldn't fall based on demand, so there'd just be one set price. Or they would fall only slightly, to keep the market price stable, and the ship would sail with empty berths.

However, as consumers, that means you'd never get low prices. I doubt there are many consumers who would like that.

I understand what you are saying and have mixed feelings to it. I always feel a little bit guilty on a cruise when I know I am paying half or third of what other people on the boat are paying all because I know how to play this game.

I really am surprised that the lines are able to get away with it but I guess we all live in a free market economy