How long to transfer an open booking to TA?

lme901

I have a next cruise open booking certificate that I did not have assigned to a TA onboard. I got a quote yesterday for a 2015 Bermuda cruise from a big agency. I called today to book and was told it would take 12-17 days for Royal to transfer onboard booking over to agency. My only option to get the incentives TA offered today was to book under full deposit of $500 and they would transfer my cruise to the onboard booking later. I ended up skipping the booking but wonder if this timeframe is normal now? I've always had the bookings transferred to TA within a day in the past but it's been a year since I redeemed one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a next cruise open booking certificate that I did not have assigned to a TA onboard. I got a quote yesterday for a 2015 Bermuda cruise from a big agency. I called today to book and was told it would take 12-17 days for Royal to transfer onboard booking over to agency. My only option to get the incentives TA offered today was to book under full deposit of $500 and they would transfer my cruise to the onboard booking later. I ended up skipping the booking but wonder if this timeframe is normal now? I've always had the bookings transferred to TA within a day in the past but it's been a year since I redeemed one.

I just did a transfer this week and it took 2 days.

It's probably too late now, but I usually book the NC direct with Royal and then transfer the booked cruise to the TA.

Under RCCL rules, to be effective, a booking must be transferred to an agency within 60 days of its origination. We have transferred many bookings to various competent agencies and it has always been completed within 2 working days. The key word is competent and if the one the OP is referring to cannot do this I would suggest finding another

I just had one take over 2 weeks. I called about it and they said it was noted as received on my record but wasnt done yet. I think maybe the whole IT diabolical changing/repricing of special rates may have delayed it. I just booked an October cruise, so I hope I can get it transferred before final payment.

Thanks all. This agency always annoys me but I keep booking with them because of their pricing/perks. After 21 cruises, I typically know what I want when booking and don't need much "service" from them, just some OBC! :) This one agent in particular has given me grief in the past. I recall getting her 3 years ago and asked for another agent to complete the booking because her attitude had me so flustered. I should have done the same again but I wasn't sure it was the same person until day 2. I will not deal with her again going forward and will start looking for another agency.

My certificate has not been assigned to a specific cruise yet. Those of you that book through Royal after your sailing and transfer to a TA within 60 days....are your incentives lower than if booking initially with the TA? I thought I heard before the TA got a lower credit from cruise line for a transferred reservation which would translate to lower OBC for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

... Those of you that book through Royal after your sailing and transfer to a TA within 60 days....are your incentives lower than if booking initially with the TA? I thought I heard before the TA got a lower credit from cruise line for a transferred reservation which would translate to lower OBC for me.

No difference for my TA.