Luau In Honolulu

jcw0313

I too will be on Star Princess in March and would like to do either Germaines or Paradise cove if we can get back to the ship by 10.30 , have emailed them both for further details and have also asked at the military hotel if it is possible to book non military , don't want to leave it until our arrival as we may miss out on something else , have also looked at house without a key but it seems a bit on the pricey side with 14 $ for a mai tai , will try to post after I have had all the replies , have also asked for recommendaions for gemaines and paradise cove on this port of call board

....with information on a luau or a Hawiian show. Sounds like you are looking for the same experience I am. I have been to Hawaii many times but my wife has not and I want her to experience a luau. I will be looking forward to your report on what you find out. Thanks again.

....with information on a luau or a Hawiian show. Sounds like you are looking for the same experience I am. I have been to Hawaii many times but my wife has not and I want her to experience a luau. I will be looking forward to your report on what you find out. Thanks again.

Hi

Had swift responses from both germaines and paradise cove , they both will pick up from the port , Germaines states 3.30 pick up , the luau finishes at approx 9 - 9.30 and they always drop off cruise passengers first to make the ships , this is their email :

We pick up guest from the cruise ships at the pier that the ship is docked at. That pick up departs at 3:30 P.M. Our luau finishes at about 9 P.M. and the bus will return guests from the pier first because most times they have to board before a certain time for departure. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at toll free 1-800-367-5655 or 808-949-6626.

This is the reply from paradise cove when enquired about port pick up :

Yes give us a call to let us know, and remind of the drop off point at the end of the night.

Read good reviews about house without a key but with this being our first visit to Hawaii (and maybe the last as there is so much more of the world we want to see ) I think we would like to experience a luau

We want to go to the Arizona etc in the morning , get back to the ship to change for the evening luau , we are hoping to be off the ship first thing , does anybody know where the Star Princess normally docks at Honolulu please ???

Hope this info helps

Zoe:)

• 4 months later...

As posted previously, we just returned from our cruise and we chose the Luau at Hale Koa in Honolulu. It was a delight. Time was our main concern as we had to be back on board by 10:30 PM for sail away. The pre show was superb, the meal was good and the entertainment was a true delight. It was over by 9:30 PM and we were back to the ship via a $15.00 taxi ride by 9:45. A delightful evening! I am not military and went with a group that was and had no problem with our pre bought tickets. Others from our ship that are not military also went and bought the tickets themselves online. I don't know how strict they are on the military requirement. I had a fallback plan for The House With No Key in case I got jammed up. Glad we were able to use Plan A!!! Whatever you choose, have a great time. Bon Voyage!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
The luau at the Hale Koa Hotel gets great reviews. Their website indicates that it is held on Mondays and Thursdays. It is on Waikiki Beach, very convenient to the cruise ship. If it was running late you can always grab a taxi back to the port. Cherie

Do you know if a lei is provided before the luau starts?