Future Cruise Deposits purchased while onboard

janny444

Hi.....can someone please remind me what are the benefits of either booking a future cruise while onboard or purchasing a future cruise deposit while onboard. If purchasing a FCD can it be combined with any other offer..eg Late deal/123 offer etc.Also is the FCD refundable if in the unlikely event you don't want to cruise with them again.

I have only ever done a FCD with Princess so I am wondering if it works the same way

So, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean do their future cruise deposits a bit different....I learned the hard way.

If you book a cruise onboard, which I suggest, you will not only get the perks for booking onboard (and be sure to request the one category upgrade as a Captain's Club member if it is available), this will also be fully refundable or you are allowed to move it to a different cruise.

If you purchase a future cruise deposit onboard, this is fully transferrable to a Travel Agent or to family / friends....but there is a time limit in which to do so ...they aren't always really up front with that. If you book a cruise using this form of deposit, it is no longer refundable. You can move it to another cruise, but be sure not to cancel it as this is not refundable. You have to stay with the TA that you booked it with or keep it with Celebrity, depending on how you originally booked it. So, you can move it as many times ...and it really only counts for the onboard credit ....no perk like the beverage package included unless that is going on during your transfer of cruises. Very confusing, huh? It gets better, though....

Both are combinable with one other offer now, however, if you book while onboard without one of the promotions going on, they may still throw one in for you at that time. We got a steal on a Panama Canal cabin when booking onboard and they threw in the beverage package as well as the onboard credit (which depends on the length of the cruise ... not the length of the cruise as well as the cabin category such as Princess does). We also got the one category upgrade but could clearly see that I was rather annoying to the future cruise staff member that I kept asking for these perks. I think by the 5th invoice he printed, he got it exactly right. If you book it this way, it is fully refundable....although, why would I do that. The 123Go promotion came out shortly afterwards and the pricing went up by well over $1000.

My advice, book something onboard as we have future cruise credits that we probably won't end up using ... as they are just not refundable. I had purchased extra to give to family members and when I tried to give one to my sister in law, the agent told her it was too late....too old, too late.

So, to spend my $200, will probably have to cruise on something last minute as I would now just always book something onboard.

But, these programs are ever changing so this advice might be obsolete by the time we book our next one onboard.

Many thanks Cruise Raider....I understand....I think :)

From what you say it is better to book an actual cruise on whilst onboard....may it clear you want a complimentary upgrade for past passenger...ask if they will include drink's package and/or OBC

Then if the TA is offering anything extra you can then transfer booking and keep all the given "perks" from Celebrity. Have I got that correct?

We have FCC purchased a few months ago. We recently booked a sailing on Celebrity through a TA, and she would not accept the FCC if we took Free gratuities. Of course I didn't want to give up the free gratuities, so I just kept the FCC to use in the future. It was not a deal breaker.....just surprising.