Carnival Gift E-Card

funinthesun1964

I received a promotional gift e-card from my pvp (through the referral program). Just wondering if anyone has had experiencing this. Do I have to go to guest services to have that amount taken off my S&S card? Or will it automatically be applied? I'm assuming that I would have to see someone or it will just go unused. Hope someone else can tell me how this works. Thanks!

We got a Carnival gift e-card from our kids for our anniversary. You actually have to print it out and take it to guest services on board. I was concerned when it never showed up in our folio account when we checked on tv, so another trip to GS. It was credited but for some reason (she told me -- I've now forgotten -- lol) it doesn't show up.

A few years ago when we did a Royal Caribbean cruise, same son gave us an e-card for that. Applied it to account online before we sailed -- much easier system than Carnival.

Enjoy your cruise!!

We got a Carnival gift e-card from our kids for our anniversary. You actually have to print it out and take it to guest services on board. I was concerned when it never showed up in our folio account when we checked on tv, so another trip to GS. It was credited but for some reason (she told me -- I've now forgotten -- lol) it doesn't show up.

A few years ago when we did a Royal Caribbean cruise, same son gave us an e-card for that. Applied it to account online before we sailed -- much easier system than Carnival.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks! I figured I'd have to print it out and go to GS. oh brother :rolleyes: Well $50 is $50 though ;) Good for a few more drinks

Hi, I am not sure but I am guessing the one you received from you pvp is the same as the "e-gift cards" someone can buy from the carnival gift card website. If so, I received a couple last year as gifts from family members and I used them for EVERYTHING. Before even sailing I put some towards excursions, had a couple "goodies" delivered to the room before we got there, and then put the rest on my sign and sail card. If you try to book excursions online or purchase things for your room before you sail, there should be a spot to put the number in on the e-gift card. If you go over what the gift card was for I remember there was a chance to pay the balance with a regular credit card.

So I guess if you blow it all online before you even get on the ship there is no reason to go to GS. I just had to because I had some left over.

Hi, I am not sure but I am guessing the one you received from you pvp is the same as the "e-gift cards" someone can buy from the carnival gift card website. If so, I received a couple last year as gifts from family members and I used them for EVERYTHING. Before even sailing I put some towards excursions, had a couple "goodies" delivered to the room before we got there, and then put the rest on my sign and sail card. If you try to book excursions online or purchase things for your room before you sail, there should be a spot to put the number in on the e-gift card. If you go over what the gift card was for I remember there was a chance to pay the balance with a regular credit card.

So I guess if you blow it all online before you even get on the ship there is no reason to go to GS. I just had to because I had some left over.

I do not planning on booking excursions beforehand or purchasing anything for my room, so I guess I will just print out the gift ecard information and take it to GS to have them apply to my balance. I have no problems spending money on the ship, for sure. :)

Does anyone know if a Carnival e-gift card can be used at the Future Cruise Desk on board to pay your deposit for another cruise?

On our last cruise, we purchased a cruise at the Future Cruise desk and put it on our S&S card. The E Gift cards can be purchased and put on the S&S cards to be used on onboard purchases.

Check out the link below,

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of gift cards you can use on a cruise? I thought I saw on a Carnival website Q&A, $500.00 limit. I got $500.00 through Verizon's Rewards program and know I'll probably book another cruise during the next cruise. I'll go through those cards and then some. Getting 10% off the cards is a great deal with the rewards program.

Anyone know???

I purchased gift cards through the Father's Day promo for our on-board expenses on the Carnival Pride last week. I applied $1,010 with no issue -- did everything at the self-serve Kiosk. Super simple.

Was going to ask about applying the gift cards at the kiosks. Thanks for reading my mind! :)

I purchased gift cards through the Father's Day promo for our on-board expenses on the Carnival Pride last week. I applied $1,010 with no issue -- did everything at the self-serve Kiosk. Super simple.

Thanks for the info. I got $4000 worth of gift cards during the Father's day promo. I bought them to pay off my next 3 cruises and the 10% extra from the promo was like getting 10% off my cruise. Can't wait for the next promo.:D