What is The Glow Party?

KruzAholic

Sorry. Could someone tell me what the Glow Party is? Do you bring your own glow necklaces or does NCL provide them? Is it on all the ships? Does this replace the White Party? Thank you...Haven't been on NCL in a few years.:confused:

On our cruise 3 weeks ago, they handed out some glow necklaces, and foam tubes that flashed colored lights - also you could get your face accented with glow paint if you wanted. Most people were wearing white, but some had neon. It was one of the best times I had on our Breakaway cruise.

We've enjoyed going to the "White Hot Party/Glow Party" a few times. It's a hoot when the little ones get out there grooving to the tunes, so to speak, this is only until around 10pm. As far as the glow sticks go, yes, NCL gives some out but you can just bring your own and wear neon or white to jazz it up.

Have fun, party on!! :p

• Like 1

First & Foremost it is FUN! The best way I could explain it is that it is a rave with all ages. There were some glow items given out but we hit the dollar tree and stocked up before we sailed. Neon is a must too. Let loose and you will have a great time!

Here is short youtube video for the visual addition to the above answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaS54N0AFgc

The little boy in the neon yellow shirt shows how much more vibrant this party would look if more people would go with the neon glow effect with their clothing instead of the traditional white. I think the party looks great, but the glow theme is struggling to catch on. I recommend bringing glow products with you if your luggage space allows.

Sorry. Could someone tell me what the Glow Party is? Do you bring your own glow necklaces or does NCL provide them? Is it on all the ships? Does this replace the White Party? Thank you...Haven't been on NCL in a few years.:confused:

I took this on the Dawn back in May on my So. Carribean Cruise.

The GLOW party is only on the newer ships (Getaway/Breakaway). The other ships have the White Hot party still.

The only difference is...the color of course. White Hot party you wear white and the glow party you are supposed to wear something that is neon and glows. As someone else said, it's not catching on too quickly. Most people come still dressed in white instead of neon.

We were completely prepared for our glow party when we went. We went to the dollar store and purchased a huge pack of glow sticks that made glasses, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings and so on. We got outfits that would glow in the dark and also bought glow fingernail polish, body paint and eye shadow. :D

P5220142-M.jpg

P5220152-M.jpg

P5220154-M.jpg

P5220156-M.jpg

P5220157-M.jpg

They do pass out some huge glow stick sword like things, but they are limited and you can only get them if you're there early and are the first few to get them...then they run out.

The party is designated to 1 night out of the cruise.

Do they do it on every ship? And is it only when the ship pulls out?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

No and No. Many of the ships still have the white hot party as mentioned above and no it is not the sail away party. On our recent Getaway cruise it was held on Thursday night.