Has Carnival ever changed your room

BamaLady#13

Got lucky. It's now just a couple of days until final payment, so I looked on Carnivals website. All balcony cabins midship on the empress deck have been gone for weeks now. A cabin for two showed vacant just a couple down from the three person that I had booked. I quickly called and had my three traded for the double. I no longer have to worry about having my cabin swapped. All is well.

• 2 months later...
Not to worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet, or is very unlikely to happen. In 18 Carnival cruises, I have been called for an upsell offer once, never offered a free upgrade, and they only attempted to change my cabin once, under the guise of an upgrade.

I had my usual 1A Verandah Deck inside cabin and while I was flying into Miami, Carnival called my home, spoke to my cleaning lady and claimed my cleaning lady approved a change to a porthole on the lowest deck in the very 1st cabin forward. I needed 2 supervisors in the VIP lounge before my original cabin booking was restored. Carnival said because I was solo, they wanted to give my cabin to a couple with a child, and that I would be happier with the porthole. Really!

You have a wonderful aft cabin, it is highly unlikely Carnival will bump you, really nothing to be fretful about.

Wow!

I didn't think any 1A's had room for 3.

I called to change cabins after a price drop. The first person told me she couldn't book me in the cabin I preferred because it was for 3 and I was solo and they are not allowed to book me into a triple. I told her, that's interesting, the one I was trying to move from was a quad, she hesitated but made the change.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Wow!

I didn't think any 1A's had room for 3.

I called to change cabins after a price drop. The first person told me she couldn't book me in the cabin I preferred because it was for 3 and I was solo and they are not allowed to book me into a triple. I told her, that's interesting, the one I was trying to move from was a quad, she hesitated but made the change.

I sort of had a similar thing. I booked a specific cabin. When the receipt was e mailed to me, it had a cabin down the hall listed. Perhaps the ship wasn't full, because I pushed a little and got back my original cabin. I guess the change was made because I was solo. I didn't notice until bedtime that I was in a 4 person cabin.:eek:

We have been upgraded before from an OV room sleeping 3 ppl, to a balcony suite at check in. Obviously we did not complain.

This time we are booked in 2 cabins side by side. One cabin holds 2 people and the second cabin sleeps 4 but there are only 3 of us. We also booked a year ahead of time are now paid in full. Finally payment date is in a couple of weeks. We sail in February. We booked these specific cabins because we wanted to be side by side, and specifically because they have the connecting balconies, which all do not. I know there is the possibility of it, but if we get bumped I am going to be very upset. I am hoping because our bookings are linked that they won't do anything.

Does anyone know how much of a risk it is being as it is February, and not peak time?