Bringing own soda?

I saw a video on YouTube that said RCI doesn't allow you to bring your own soda on the carryon. The description was amended to say that you were allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person, but it didn't say if the soda rule had changed or not (and I forget how old the video was). I'm planning on getting the unlimited non-alcohol package (hello...unlimited Starbucks!), but my mom was planning on just bringing a 12-pack in her luggage. Will that be a problem?

We're sailing NOTS on the 24th. Thanks!

It seems that it's a bit of a lottery.

Some people have their soda intercepted, but many don't.

Some say to just put a luggage tag on the soda and hope for the best, others say to take it onboard as carryon. Either case you've just got to be willing to take the loss if it gets stopped.

I'm cruising next month, I'll be giving it a go.

By the way, it's 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

I saw a video on YouTube that said RCI doesn't allow you to bring your own soda on the carryon. The description was amended to say that you were allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine per person, but it didn't say if the soda rule had changed or not (and I forget how old the video was). I'm planning on getting the unlimited non-alcohol package (hello...unlimited Starbucks!), but my mom was planning on just bringing a 12-pack in her luggage. Will that be a problem?

We're sailing NOTS on the 24th. Thanks!

Royal's rules prohibit any beverage other than the two bottles of wine per stateroom, but the rules are rarely enforced.