crown.. football games

bermudashorts

Forgive me if I am wrong, but...did anyone ever answer the question. :confused:

Whether you like football on land or sea or don't care for it ever...

Can You Get To See the Games on the Ship?

Yes or No?

Funny how a simple question can send everyone off in a different direction, including telling people how they should/shouldn't spend their cruise time, but no one bothers to answer the question. (except for NMNita). For those of us who wish to spend 3 hours or so watching a game on a 7 day cruise, let us. We won't give you a hard time for sitting around playing bingo or whatever it is you choose that we football fans may consider a waste of time. As long as everyone has fun, who cares!:)

to us, one of the best parts of cruising is the choice of activities. You can do the port thing or choose to stay on board and lounge out by the pool, weather permitting (it isn't crowded) you can eat when and where you want, you can play trevia everyday or sit in your cabin and catch up on your reading. If you are a sports fan, just hang out in the sports bar while your other 1/2 or whomever you are traveling with takes in a dance class. NMNita

If you need football on 11 Sept after you board the Star, the Seahawks will be playing the Jags that day and it is on Fox at 10:00 a.m. and the ship should get local channels while she is in port (they usually do). May not be the game you want, but football is football (unless, of course, it is FOOTball, as the Gatorade commercial says, and we have that kind here too). As for the weather, it was 90 degrees yesterday, supposed to be the same today, and doesn't look to be cooling down any time soon, so you shouldn't have to worry about that either. And it is just as warm up in Alaska right now, too, for the second year in a row.

I guess I have to agree with the other posters: Why be stuck in front of a TV watching football while cruising? Do that at home.

Why be stuck at a table gambling while cruising? Do that in Vegas.

Why be stuck at a table playing Bingo while cruising? Do that at the local VFW or your Church.

Why be stuck on a lounge chair by the pool when cruising? Do that at the local swimming pool back home.

Why be stuck in front of a duet or trio in a lounge while cruising? Do that at a local hotel or bowling alley or bar.

Why be stuck on a computer surfing the net while cruising? Do that at work.

Why be stuck hitting golf balls into a net while cruising? Do that at the driving range.

Why be stuck eating gourmet meals while cruising? Do that at the fancy restaurants back home.

Why be stuck on a cruise ship while cruising with people that are so opinionated that they need to advise people what they should or shouldn't do on their cruise? Unless you are paying for my cruise, please do not advise me or my fellow passengers to 'tape' a game or not be interested in it; and I promise I will treat you the way you treat me.

P.S. For anyone that made it through my rant: So does NCL have MNF available? Thanks in advance!

If you need football on 11 Sept after you board the Star, the Seahawks will be playing the Jags that day and it is on Fox at 10:00 a.m. and the ship should get local channels while she is in port (they usually do). May not be the game you want, but football is football (unless, of course, it is FOOTball, as the Gatorade commercial says, and we have that kind here too). As for the weather, it was 90 degrees yesterday, supposed to be the same today, and doesn't look to be cooling down any time soon, so you shouldn't have to worry about that either. And it is just as warm up in Alaska right now, too, for the second year in a row.

Thank you for your friendly:) answer. I'm actually looking for the Charger game at 1:00, but that's ok. I'm more interested in your weather answer, looks like our warm weather left here and found you! I should check in with you before we leave!

Tina--No offense, but I wish you would take it back. I moved up here from Victorville (CA) to get away from those 115 degree summer afternoons. Oh well, such is life. Feel free to check in about the weather before you go. I will be boarding Star as you are disembarking. If the Chargers game is on national TV, rather than just local you might be able to pick it up. If not, doubt that our local channels will have it. Going north to AK, TV is pretty iffy anyway other than what the ship picks up on satellite and I'm not sure who NCL carries any more. My last trip up there with them two years ago, had ESPN, CNN and not much else. We did get local radio in AK, so I was able to listen to Mariners games but that was about it sports wise, had to wait until I got home to the TIVO. Have a great trip.

Tina--No offense, but I wish you would take it back. I moved up here from Victorville (CA) to get away from those 115 degree summer afternoons. Oh well, such is life. Feel free to check in about the weather before you go. I will be boarding Star as you are disembarking. If the Chargers game is on national TV, rather than just local you might be able to pick it up. If not, doubt that our local channels will have it. Going north to AK, TV is pretty iffy anyway other than what the ship picks up on satellite and I'm not sure who NCL carries any more. My last trip up there with them two years ago, had ESPN, CNN and not much else. We did get local radio in AK, so I was able to listen to Mariners games but that was about it sports wise, had to wait until I got home to the TIVO. Have a great trip.

what did I miss? Who is Tina? NMNita

We sailed on the Crown out of Baltimore last November, it was Sunday and the Cowboys were in town to play the Ravens. The game was not available on the ship, they do not receive local channels.

We sailed on the Crown out of Baltimore last November, it was Sunday and the Cowboys were in town to play the Ravens. The game was not available on the ship, they do not receive local channels.

Thats ok, Dallas is playing SD on Sunday afternoon so I dont think that game will be on the ship.

Maybe the Sunday night game.. but who knows.. Ill have to check and see who is playing that game.

I really just want MNF. All the ships Ive been on have had it so i was fairly sure they would have it on.. somewhere.

Why be stuck on a cruise ship while cruising with people that are so opinionated that they need to advise people what they should or shouldn't do on their cruise? Unless you are paying for my cruise, please do not advise me or my fellow passengers to 'tape' a game or not be interested in it; and I promise I will treat you the way you treat me.

Now THIS is a worthwhile post!

Phila Flyers opening game is 10/5 & I DON'T WANT TO MISS IT! Hasn't been any hockey for a year! I'll be on the Crown cruisin' to Bermuda... I would like to be on a barstool in one of the lounges to catch that game; what could be better than watching a hockey game in shorts & a bathing suit while on the ocean???

Does the Crown have a Sports Bar or somewhere that televises ESPN?? By the way, I'm a chick that enjoys sports :cool: & doesn't want to miss anything while I'm away.

Archived