crown.. football games

bermudashorts

We leave Sept 11th and see that a good game is going to be on that night.

Anyone know if they will show the games, im assuming its espn.

I know most ships have areas to watch them but its been awhile since we were on the Crown

Anyone remember seeing espn on the tv and where?

Or can anyone going in the next few weeks ask around.

Thanks

This question always baffles me. Why bother to float around the ocean on an expensive vacation only to sit at a bar (probably a bit nicer than the one on your block) and drink a beer wondering if your team will be on. Here's an idea- Get an umbrella drink, put on headphones, look for pretty women in bathing suits and enjoy life. I once saw a gentlemen get irate in South America over the fact the ship could not receive the (state of the union speech). It ruined his entire vacation and he was shocked that people from another did not care about America's presidential speech. If you get it, smile and move on, if not, get drunk..any questions?

I guess CTTWIN just dosen't understand.

Sitting in front of the TV watching your favorite NFL team, on a cruise, with a drink in hand, knowing you are on your way to a great vacation is part of the fun. The pool will be there the whole week. And the women obviously are not going anywhere either. :-)

This question always baffles me. Why bother to float around the ocean on an expensive vacation only to sit at a bar (probably a bit nicer than the one on your block) and drink a beer wondering if your team will be on. Here's an idea- Get an umbrella drink, put on headphones, look for pretty women in bathing suits and enjoy life. I once saw a gentlemen get irate in South America over the fact the ship could not receive the (state of the union speech). It ruined his entire vacation and he was shocked that people from another did not care about America's presidential speech. If you get it, smile and move on, if not, get drunk..any questions?

First of all, I am a woman, so sitting at pool checking out the women does not appeal to me:) Second of all, my game is on at 1:00 while we are docked in Seattle,(which is not known for it's sunny weather), so I don't think I'll be missing a whole lot if I want to keep tabs on a game that I would otherwise be at. Third, I entend to smile and get drunk whether or not I see the game.

Made a mistake, I need monday night football not sunday.. hahaha

Some of the best times we have had were in the bar with a group of cruisers particiapting in the football game activities.

Last years was esp good on the Empress with the Eagles/ Minn game on.

It was fun to watch the New Yorkers bash the Eagles. Hopefully they will lose this year :D

Besides it better then going to the same boring shows. Seen one, you have seen them all.

And sorry but since I am a women, I dont need to look at them ....but there are guys at the parties;):p

Never could understand how spectator sports addicts cannot take a vacation from watching their overpaid, underachieving heroes. If withdrawal is not bearable, I suggest you cruise in the off season.

You certainly are not a football fan. It doesn't ruin a vacation, but there are some games that a true fan really hopes to watch. Spending all 7 days in front of a TV is not the same as watching one particular game. Some of feel the same about those who think life stops when the cell phone won't work. LOL NMNita

You certainly are not a football fan. It doesn't ruin a vacation, but there are some games that a true fan really hopes to watch. Spending all 7 days in front of a TV is not the same as watching one particular game. Some of feel the same about those who think life stops when the cell phone won't work. LOL NMNita

Just curious- what is New Mexico's football team?

Just curious- what is New Mexico's football team?

We have the Denver Broncos and being a past resident of the DC area, our Sundays are spent cheering the Redskins. Collegewise; we have the Lobos, University of Co and a few others in there. One of these days, not in my lifetime , everone will know where NM is, we will have more than 100 people living in our biggest cities and we may even have a football team. LOL

Some like to play cards, knit, read, etc, while on a cruise. What about those who watch movies, or sit in their cabin and watch TV? It,s fun to have a group watching a football game while on a cruise.

Some like to play cards, knit, read, etc, while on a cruise. What about those who watch movies, or sit in their cabin and watch TV? It,s fun to have a group watching a football game while on a cruise.

Exactly jander!!;) Most ships are geared to Sunday games, Monday Night games. I too look foward to the football games on ships. (Gets pretty loud while watching the games on a cruise!!:eek: )

Dan:)

When we sailed on the NCL Crown, a few years back, we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, so we treated ourselves to one of the Owner's Suites. On Monday night, first formal night, we returned to our suite, DW turned in early, and I changed from formal wear to shorts. The sliding door to the balcony was open, I could feel the ocean breezes, and hear the sea rushing past the ship, as we were heading toward the beautiful island of Bermuda. I was relaxing on the couch, with an ice cold beer, watching my New England Patriots beat up on the Indianapolis Colts.

It doesn't get any better than this!! Who says football and cruising don't mix?? ;)

Eddie

P.S. Looking forward to watching the Patriots and Bills, on the NCL Dawn, in Pearly King's Pub, ESPN, Sun. night, Oct. 30, with my pals!!:D

I wonder why so many ships have sports bars? You don't imagine they could be for those who want to watch a sporting event while on a cruise? Not only that, if I watch it live while on the cruise I won't have to sit by myself at home and watch the tape of a game, that I already know the outcome. Could some of the anti football crowd tell me what I should be doing with some of my idle time, that is more approppriate? This could get as bad as the dreaded post about smoking, dress code, food, chair hogging, alcohol, etc.

Doing that once in a while is no big deal. If you are on a ship 24-7 for 7 days even I wouldn't mind seeing a big game for an hour or two with different company. However spending the entire cruise camped in front of the TV or locked in your room or doing some other similar isolated activity is nonplus. Our next cruise is December 10-17th so I am sure there will be plenty of NFL and NBA to be had. Monday Night Football big game is between Green Bay & Baltimore. With plenty of Sunday action. Since Sunday is a sea day for us it might be something to do inside for an hour or two if you want to take a break from the sun, etc.

I try to stay busy on a cruise doing as much as I can that I can't do on land but even then I don't mind lying in bed at night watching a movie (we are in a suite with a VCR), occasionally doing a crosswords, etc.

Ha this thread is funny..., I thought this would be a simple topic.:D

Obviously everyone does different things on a cruise.

And certainly not everyone likes sports, I personally wouldnt watch a baseball game on a cruise. Too boring for me.

But The football games are fun to watch.

Half the bar on one side rooting for one team and the other team on the other side.

contests.. beer..hotdogs ..nachos. yelling.. screaming.. laughing.

You guys are missing a good time. But thats ok, because its always packed and we dont need anymore chair hogs ;)

Besides its only 3 hours after dinner, not the whole day.

Much more fun then watching a show or listening to the piano guy butcher Springsteen songs like on Celebrity a few years ago.

I personally wouldnt tape a game if I were going on a cruise.

They show highlights on CNN or espn so it would ruin it all for me to know the score and who won and how.

I just want to see the eagles lose opening night with friends and family.

And see how the whole TO thing unfolds onboard.

Leaving out of NY you have NJ, PA, NY'er mostly on board.

As a Dallas fan I like the drama (trauma) of other teams in my division losing.;) and vise versa..

You football guys know what im saying.:D

Can it be that a wife who's a football widow at home does not wish to be a football widow on a cruise?

Guess what? Many wives are not football widows. DH said he married me cause I love to cook and am a major sports fan; 47 years later I am as big or bigger football fan then he and a heck of a lot better cook!!! BTW: most of our family and friends are the same. About the only wives and girlfriends we know that are not fans have hubbies that are not big fans either. So for those who want to watch football on the ship, let the games begin, for those who don't enjoy the deck and pool area. LOL NMnita

Forgive me if I am wrong, but...did anyone ever answer the question. :confused:

Whether you like football on land or sea or don't care for it ever...

Can You Get To See the Games on the Ship?

Yes or No?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but...did anyone ever answer the question. :confused:

Whether you like football on land or sea or don't care for it ever...

Can You Get To See the Games on the Ship?

Yes or No?

If it the same as in the past, it will depend on what channels the cruise line has contracted with or that is what we were told about 2 years ago. Now, that is the best I personally can do for an answer, maybe someone else will chime in here. Regardless of the answer what a fun thread. We have all spent so much time worrying about the Dream, defending or blasting NCL and other lines and argueing over bringing booze on the ship or what is the correct dress code it's fun to see how people feel about something as relaxing as what will we see in the Sports bar? NMNita

Archived