Bringing golf clubs on Summit

burger40

Can any recent Summit cruisers tell me if you are able to check your clubs with a porter so they can be delivered to the cabin along with your luggage or did you have to carry them on?

Have not personally done it... But I truly assume it can be done.

Have seen Pax who arrived at the Pier with bikes... And Celebrity managed to find a place below decks to stow those in between the Pax using them ashore (Although I am sure in this case they sought out permission from Celebrity first)

Not an issue with golf clubs... As I assume you would find a way to stow them in your cabin

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Golf clubs is a lot easier when you have a proper bag with a zip top, or one of those ones that are used for airline travel.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Can any recent Summit cruisers tell me if you are able to check your clubs with a porter so they can be delivered to the cabin along with your luggage or did you have to carry them on?

I've done it several times! Royal Caribbean wanted me to take my clubs through security and have them deliver it to my cabin. On Celebrity, I've turned them over to the guys out front and they ended up in my cabin with no problems. This last time (Century), I just rolled them through security, through the screener, and up the ramp, where I just rolled them to my cabin.

My ClubGlove travel case fits under the bed and I just keep the clubs in the closet, or in a corner of the cabin.

Let me know where you want to play and perhaps I can give you my evaluation of the courses. I'm a 4 handicap and have played some nice courses around he world.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I've done it several times! Royal Caribbean wanted me to take my clubs through security and have them deliver it to my cabin. On Celebrity, I've turned them over to the guys out front and they ended up in my cabin with no problems. This last time (Century), I just rolled them through security, through the screener, and up the ramp, where I just rolled them to my cabin.

My ClubGlove travel case fits under the bed and I just keep the clubs in the closet, or in a corner of the cabin.

Let me know where you want to play and perhaps I can give you my evaluation of the courses. I'm a 4 handicap and have played some nice courses around he world.

Enjoy!

Kelmac gives great advice and I would add one thing. If you bring them on board keep in mind cabins are usually not ready until 1 to 1:30.

My husband takes them when we sail in the Caribbean and when we did a Hawaiian cruise. You'd better believe when we sail the British Isles they're making the trip overseas!

We always leave the clubs with the big cases for the porters to deliver to the room. He keeps them in a corner and the carrier under the bed. The first time he brought them he had the room attendant store them for a couple days and then they stayed in the room. Either way, it's a normal thing, lots of people bring them. Typically he makes his own independent plans before we leave as sometimes the cruise line plays courses he doesn't want to. Barbados for example - he plays Sandy Lane when we go.

Have fun. I'm sure you will! You're better than he is - he's only a 5 or 6.

I was on the 1 June sailing to Bermuda from Bayonne and was not allowed to check them. I had a soft travel case. There were several folks in the waiting area who had to carry their clubs on board. I do not know if I had a hard case if they would have let me check them.

It was a little inconvenient but not a huge problem. When I got to our cabin I just slide them under the bed until I needed them.

About 7 or 8 years ago I did a golf themed cruise on Carnival in the Caribbean. We went with another couple so for each port the other husband and I went with a group to a golf course and wives would shop or do a tour. The ship had a golf simulator and they had a few pros. So for sea days we would get a lesson and play on simulator. Paying for the green fees, the lessons and playing with the simulator was all part of the package. It was fun.

For the golf clubs, I brought mine on board since I only had a soft cover and stored in my room.

By the way, I did bring my clubs on the Summit for our cruise to Bermuda. Recommend Port Royal Golf Club, as it's pretty close to where the ship docks and it's open to the public. This is where they play the "Grand Slam" tournament for the winners of the four majors (Masters, PGA, US Open and the British Open).

You can make tee times online:

http://www.portroyalgolf.bm

PS -- while spending five days in New York before our cruise, I was able to get on Bethpage Black course on Long Island. One of the highlights of my trip!

Good Luck!

We were on the August 3rd Summit cruise and my husband was NOT able to check his clubs (in a travel bag) at the pier. He had to carry them on board -- what a pain in the arse. We were, however, allowed to leave them out overnight for pick-up for disembarkation. Hope this helps.