Has Anyone Used RCCL From Toronto

Hello: Has anyone ever used the RCCL air from Toronto? I am interested in which carrier was used. I am currently holdin air for 449 CAD per person to San Juan, and that cannot be matched on my own. My worry is the same day travel. Apparently I can hold on to this price if I add a one night hotel in San Juan. I would just like to know which carrier is used from here.Any help would be appreciated.

Hello: Has anyone ever used the RCCL air from Toronto? I am interested in which carrier was used. I am currently holdin air for 449 CAD per person to San Juan, and that cannot be matched on my own. My worry is the same day travel. Apparently I can hold on to this price if I add a one night hotel in San Juan. I would just like to know which carrier is used from here.Any help would be appreciated.

If you are holding $449 CAD from YYZ to SJU - GRAB IT and don't look back!

We are on the Adventure out of San Juan in January and when we went to book the air fare the price direct from YYZ to SJU was $1200 CAD per person! I never book air with the cruise line, this was on our own with Air Canada. Needless to say, $1200 was way too much for airfare so we are now flying on points from Toronto to Miami and picking up American Airlines from Miami to San Juan for $349 CAD. We are staying overnight in Miami and then overnight pre-cruise in San Juan.

I had no idea it was so expensive getting to San Juan by air from Canada:(

We are diverting a bit through Miami, but the savings is worth it! Besides, we are excited about the Southern Itinerary so we would have walked to San Juan if we had to! ;)

What time of year is your cruise? Weather often plays a big factor in delays. I'm guessing the flight has a connection somewhere- something else to think about in terms of delays.

Have you thought about flying out of Buffalo? I have seen flights for less than $500 Cad. for Buffalo to San Juan on Expedia.ca. Then you could fly down the night before and get a hotel room (perhaps through priceline?).

Cheers,

We have done both flying the same day as the cruise and going the day before. Never had a problem either way.

I believe (although not positive) that RCCL uses Air Canada.

However, if you're using their air the day the cruise leaves, if you're delayed for any reason they will either hold the ship, or fly you to the first port to catch up. It's part of the guarantee with using their air.

So, I would take it and not worry. :)

My DH and I were going to book a flight from Toronto but the cost was $750pp (taxes incl). We decided to take a chance with AirMiles and are booked to fly the same day we cruise. We arrive at 1:30p.m. and do not leave port until 10:00p.m., so we will keep our fingers crossed, say a few prayers and hope for the best! Our crusie is in October, so the weather shouldn't be a factor (hopefully!).

I would definitely take your flight at that price. What a bargain! :)

Hello: I was able to book a hotel for the night before my cruise in San Juan direct with RCCL, and they are allowing me to keep my air promo rate of 449pp out of Toronto. So I am not stressed out now about travelling the same day as the cruise departs.

Hello: I was able to book a hotel for the night before my cruise in San Juan direct with RCCL, and they are allowing me to keep my air promo rate of 449pp out of Toronto. So I am not stressed out now about travelling the same day as the cruise departs.

You are one lucky traveller - congrats on that amazingly unbelievably LOW airfare......

Just out of curiosity - when are you travelling?

I just looked up airfare with the cruise for our sailing dates and it is $1189.00 per person CAD.

I'm wondering how you scored such LOW fare?

The absolute cheapest fare I could find was for May 2006 and even then it was $709.00 per person :confused:

My wife and I are booked on the 11 night Hawaiian cruise out of Vancouver on the Radiance Sept. 24.

We booked our air with RCCL because we could not come close to matching it on our own. Our flight times just arrived this week.

Toronto to Vancouver on Air Canada leaving at 8:00am on the 24th arriving Vancouver 10:05am. Air CAnada has about 5 flights to Vancouver that morning so i am not too worried about flying in the day of the cruise.

Coming home we have been booked with United, Honolulu to Toronto via Chicago. United does code share with Air Canada

Total cost of air fare was $649.00. We couldn't even get to Vancouver for that booking it ourselves.

Inspector Gadget

That is a smart move. We learned to fly the same day the ship leaves on our very first cruise. We almost didn't make it because of mechanical problems. They were at first going to cancel the flight and put us on flights the following day. They were finally able to fix the problem, but we arrived in Miami 2 hours after scheduled departure. At that time we were living in the midwes. The only reason we were able to make it to the ship before departure was due to weather in the Northeast where over 300 people with RCI were stranded. So they held the ship until after midnight. Never again.

Archived