fantasy returning to port?

Gma&Gpa

The local news just reported it was a knee injury. Is that really an emergency??

Not on the level of a stroke but if they're close enough to port and it's looking like a bad injury I guess they decided to turn back. Also, do we know if it was a passenger or crew member?

What is a code "bright star" sorry cruise virgin here...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone posted below, it means someone passed away on board. That is not an uncommon thing, sadly.

Edited by Seago2

Charleston County EMS and Charleston Fire responded to a report of an injured passenger on the Carnival Fantasy cruise ship that had only recently left the port on Wednesday night, according to a statement from Carnival.

In a written statement, Carnival spokesperson Aly Bello said shortly after the ship departed for a five-day Bahamas cruise, the ship had to return to the cruise terminal to debark a guest who was in need of immediate medical attention.

"The guest was taken to a shoreside medical facility for further treatment," the statement read.

Charleston first responders assisted the injured passenger at around 8 p.m. The patient was transported off the ship for what was described as a "minor injury," according to Charleston County spokesman Shawn Smetana.

Shortly after the passenger was transported, the ship again departed the Port of Charleston and is expected to arrive at its first port of call Friday with no impact on its itinerary, the Carnival statement read.

Bright star is a very scary thing, on my third cruise, a man was swimming in the pool and had a heart attack and passed away. It was on the last day of the cruise too. So sad, I felt bad for my 12 year old cousin as he was in the pool when it happened and actually brushed up against the man. He had also never seen a dead person and he went to therapy for a few years after that.

Is there a board somewhere where it lists what all the codes mean? or would I have to do the BHTS tour and ask?

Bright star is a very scary thing, on my third cruise, a man was swimming in the pool and had a heart attack and passed away. It was on the last day of the cruise too. So sad, I felt bad for my 12 year old cousin as he was in the pool when it happened and actually brushed up against the man. He had also never seen a dead person and he went to therapy for a few years after that.

Is there a board somewhere where it lists what all the codes mean? or would I have to do the BHTS tour and ask?

um,, what is a BHTS tour? I thought you meant BTFT, where none of that was explained.