Help with Carnival Victory

fedexretiree

I was thinking about booking a cruise on the Victory and I have recently read some really bad things about the Victory. Such as really needs updating, dirty rooms, horrible buffet wait times and on and on. I really need to know if this is just a few bad comments or really the way it is.

Please help me decide...thanks in advance

I was thinking about booking a cruise on the Victory and I have recently read some really bad things about the Victory. Such as really needs updating, dirty rooms, horrible buffet wait times and on and on. I really need to know if this is just a few bad comments or really the way it is.

We were on the Victory 2 years ago and had a great cruise. While it is an older ship, I would not hesitate to go on her again. I cannot think of any reason why line son her would be any worse than other Carnival ships. I have been on 26 Carnival cruises and never had a dirty room, for what it is worth. Victory passed a CDC inspection 3 months a go with a perfect 100 score.

I sailed the Victory in July and had a great cruise (and never got off the ship). Yes, she is ready for a little spiffing up.....but I had no complaints about the cleanliness of the ship. There were a few loose tiles in my bathroom floor and some rust in the shower and on the balcony. Maybe its just me, but that doesn't bother me at all. The staff was very friendly and always working.

I did notice lines in the buffet at prime eating times. On port days, breakfast was very busy. But I never had a problem finding a place to sit and the staff was constantly cleaning tables.

I would sail Victory again with no hesitation. In fact, I'm looking at either October or November and right now the pricing on the Victory is winning.

with the bad reviews---it would depend on what the writer was expecting.. and what they got.

I have had a really bad experience-- but it was on the Destiny. If that was my first cruise I would have never gone again thinking that was the way cruising was. (no i did not write about it because people here are ruthless when something goes amiss)

If I based my decisions on bad reviews I would have never experiences the Princess line-- and had my cruising socks knocked off- -it was that grand.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. My very best cruise ever came on the Dream right after it was getting the most horrible reviews you could imagine. We were regretting having booked it beforehand, but it is still by far the best cruise I've been on. The Victory seems like a nice ship. It has no Playlist Productions, which is a great thing. I love ships that don't have 2.0, but some people around here have totally bought into that gimmick, and they base the quality of any ship on how much 2.0 it has. I don't care at all about what number is attached to something. 2.0, 1.0, 0.3, 32.0; it truly doesn't matter. I care about what it is & whether I want it & what we had to give up to get it.

I have been on a sister ship of Victory's, the Triumph, twice before she got the extra eating places. Yes, the buffet lines are longer than other ships, because there are only 2 buffet lines, while slightly larger ships have 4 lines plus an extra eating place above lido deck, and maybe even some other eating options. Despite the long lines on Triumph (and the lack of 2.0 when I sailed it), I still had 2 great cruises, and she is my 2nd favorite ship.

Ships will get older & start to show some wear. Some people get very turned off by the littlest signs of wear on a ship. I won't criticize them for that, but not everyone is that way. I can take some wear & tear, as long as they're not just allowing it to get trashed. If you're the same way, you'll be just fine. If you demand pristine, you may want to look to some of the newer or rennovated ships instead.

Edited by k2excursion

Was on her in January, had a great time. I'd go on her again anytime.

We were on the Victory twice in the past year. Loved both cruises. The ship is older but that did not bother us in the least. No concerns about cleanliness. We found the food in the MDR to be the best of our 4 cruises. We enjoyed the shows. The price was ridiculously low both times, with one of the cruises being during Spring Break. If the itinerary, dates and price work for you I would certainly recommend the Victory.