Oceans E026 December 2010 flight delay

janny444

Hi....was anyone on the Manchester to Barbados flight for cruise E026 Oceans departing 06/12/2010. The return flight was from Acapulco and we had a very long delay...ended up in a hotel in Acapulco. I have started to look into the compensation for flight delays but the only flights that can be found are the ones for Newcastle and London. Has anyone had any success with this?

Hi....was anyone on the Manchester to Barbados flight for cruise E026 Oceans departing 06/12/2010. The return flight was from Acapulco and we had a very long delay...ended up in a hotel in Acapulco. I have started to look into the compensation for flight delays but the only flights that can be found are the ones for Newcastle and London. Has anyone had any success with this?

Without wishing to appear unkind, if it has taken nearly 4 years for you to start looking into compensation (which is unlikely to be substantial?), what are you hoping to be compensated for?

Without wishing to appear unkind, if it has taken nearly 4 years for you to start looking into compensation (which is unlikely to be substantial?), what are you hoping to be compensated for?

Because it has only become a recent law that any flight delay over 3 hours...and up to 6 years old can be compensated.

I probably didn't realise that you could until a couple of days ago on this P & O thread..I think that it is with the Ventura...they are claiming for a delayed flight.

OK it may not be a great amount of money in the grand scale of things but we were a party of 8 and at £ 500 pp that adds up.

If you think its best to let it lie that's your perogative but sometimes people take what they are entitled to.

Because it has only become a recent law that any flight delay over 3 hours...and up to 6 years old can be compensated.

I probably didn't realise that you could until a couple of days ago on this P & O thread..I think that it is with the Ventura...they are claiming for a delayed flight.

OK it may not be a great amount of money in the grand scale of things but we were a party of 8 and at £ 500 pp that adds up.

If you think its best to let it lie that's your perogative but sometimes people take what they are entitled to.

This appears just another example of the compensation culture that is blighting our society at the moment. Whilst I know nothing about the delay, presumably you were provided with immediate needs including overnight accommodation. My guess is that the delay was probably because the aircraft developed a possible fault which meant it was grounded until it was rectified. Not unreasonable if that was the case. Of course out of pocket expenses and a day's loss of earnings if losses were incurred should be paid but £4000 for 8 people seems to be completely over the top, especially if the delay was for safety reasons. Compensation in my view should be recompense of loss, not a common entitlement. Parasitic legal companies acting on 'no win no fee' are making undeserved millions out of the 'entitlement attitude'

Sorry if you don't like this but it is something I really feel strongly about.

As I stated earlier it is everyone's perogative to take what ever stance they want so it isn't a case of whether I like your opinions or not. I am not doing anything unlawful or illegal I am going with the EU regulations that have now come into force.

Also it is a matter of opinion as to whether our immediate needs were met...yes overnight accommodation was provided and a bottle of water but no evening meal and the following day no breakfast or drink ..nothing until the actual flight was well under way.It was quite a lengthy flight delay so 2 days work were lost...and also because some of us ran our own businesses there were some quite lengthy phone calls and I can tell you calls from Acapulco to the UK did not come cheap.

I haven't started this this thread to debate or defend my views on whether flight compensation is appropriate but the airline is denying this flight existed.

As I stated earlier it is everyone's perogative to take what ever stance they want so it isn't a case of whether I like your opinions or not. I am not doing anything unlawful or illegal I am going with the EU regulations that have now come into force.

Also it is a matter of opinion as to whether our immediate needs were met...yes overnight accommodation was provided and a bottle of water but no evening meal and the following day no breakfast or drink ..nothing until the actual flight was well under way.It was quite a lengthy flight delay so 2 days work were lost...and also because some of us ran our own businesses there were some quite lengthy phone calls and I can tell you calls from Acapulco to the UK did not come cheap.

I haven't started this this thread to debate or defend my views on whether flight compensation is appropriate but the airline is denying this flight existed.

Don't justify yourself. You asked for advice and not opinion.

The second link I gave you should give your flight details as far as I know.

BTW I have a claim in and I am sending my third letter tomorrow. I also have one from 4 years ago that caused us great difficulty and we got a stale sandwich and a drink. There is another thread on here that has a lot of comment. Its worth reading.

Thank you dgs 1956 for the advice. I have taken a look at he websites...in particular the flightstats. I have put flight numbers in....both outbound and inbound but it says the information is invalid. Can't understand why because I still have my Eticket that gives the flight numbers.

Thank you dgs 1956 for the advice. I have taken a look at he websites...in particular the flightstats. I have put flight numbers in....both outbound and inbound but it says the information is invalid. Can't understand why because I still have my Eticket that gives the flight numbers.

That should be all you need. You have to persevere. I'm on a 3rd letter and I'm sending my first one for 4 years ago today. That particular delay was very stressful.

BalkanCruiser - you can claim a few years back without difficulty. Apparently after 5 years or so it becomes more difficult.