Radiance Class Questions (Especially for Families)

1) Highest room available on our sail date is a junior suite. (everything else sold out) Any feedback on size & location?

Traveling with wife, a 6 year old and infant.

2) Kids Pool, is it open to all kids at all times with the parents, or just for use while in Ocean Adventure, based on ship layout it seems connected to AO area.

3) How's motion? I know it's a very personal question. But in general I found Nordic Empress, Monarch, etc to rock much more than Freedom & Oasis. I know people say the wind can wreak havoc on the bigger ships, but minus one rocky eastern route on Allure, I've found the bigger ships to be better.

4) Solarium open? I'll be sailing in the caribbean from new orleans for spring break... heat and humidity city! Does the Solarium roof open, or is it fixed closed?

5) Any feedback from families with young kids who have done Radiance class... we've only taken our kids on the big ships.

We have sailed on all Radiance class except the Radiance, our DD has been on all 3 of those with us and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

ESP enjoyed the water slides:)

Plenty for them to do and the AO program for the 6 year old will be in the Explorer program 6-8 year olds.

Kids pool can be used at anytime, slides are not always open, but are supervised when they are

JS on radiance class will be more than adequate for the 3 of you.

Will see if I have some photos of the suites for you and pool areas

Have a great cruise!

Happy Days!

1) Highest room available on our sail date is a junior suite. (everything else sold out) Any feedback on size & location?

Traveling with wife, a 6 year old and infant.

2) Kids Pool, is it open to all kids at all times with the parents, or just for use while in Ocean Adventure, based on ship layout it seems connected to AO area.

3) How's motion? I know it's a very personal question. But in general I found Nordic Empress, Monarch, etc to rock much more than Freedom & Oasis. I know people say the wind can wreak havoc on the bigger ships, but minus one rocky eastern route on Allure, I've found the bigger ships to be better.

4) Solarium open? I'll be sailing in the caribbean from new orleans for spring break... heat and humidity city! Does the Solarium roof open, or is it fixed closed?

5) Any feedback from families with young kids who have done Radiance class... we've only taken our kids on the big ships.

If you can get the JS that is deck 10 aft, you'll have a huge balcony, plenty of room for your family. And room for a blow up infant pool (don't empty it over the edge of your balcony, though, the people below you on deck 9 probably

Won't appreciate it ;) ).

The kids pool is available all the time, but swim diapers aren't allowed, children have to be toilet trained. There is no splash zone that allows diapers.

We've done 12 Radiance class sailings, no issues with too much motion. We've sailed Empress, Monarch and Rhapsody on similar itineraries. Empress bobbed like a cork, the others were more stable, not surprisingly.

Although the solarium roof is allegedly retractable, we've never seen it open.

Edited by Miss Vickie

While the Solarium roof CAN be opened, it rarely ever is....

Yes..a JS is ample. And, on Radiance class the curtain in the cabin between the bed and sofa bed can be closed!!!

Edited by cb at sea

We have sailed on all Radiance class except the Radiance, our DD has been on all 3 of those with us and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

ESP enjoyed the water slides:)

Plenty for them to do and the AO program for the 6 year old will be in the Explorer program 6-8 year olds.

Kids pool can be used at anytime, slides are not always open, but are supervised when they are

JS on radiance class will be more than adequate for the 3 of you.

Will see if I have some photos of the suites for you and pool areas

Have a great cruise!

Happy Days!

would love to see your pics.

We're looking at Serenade.