Once on board??

mom2travel

You are welcome.I would not be skipping lunch myself but YMMV :D

BTW, Aloha from Maui where we just spent the past week but are heading home in AM.

Enjoy your cruise.

And I hope you enjoyed our 'Valley Isle". We left for our mainland home just before the last storm came through. Hope that didn't ruin your stay. 2 1/2 weeks before we board Riviera!

You are welcome.I would not be skipping lunch myself but YMMV :D

BTW, Aloha from Maui where we just spent the past week but are heading home in AM.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree with Paul. No need to skip the buffet on boarding day. The food is varied and delicious. They make sure that the place isn't overloaded with diners -- which doesn't always happen on sea days or rainy days! (By that I mean that if Terrace is crowded they have people wait to go there.)

Now if you've had a big breakfast beforehand and aren't hungry, that's another thing. I was going to suggest room service but that probably isn't available on boarding day -- we never tried it on that day. We're VERY happy with going to Terrace for our lunch whenever we arrive. Assuming it's open, which it hasn't always been!

If you're on an "O" ship you can try the Concierge or Executive Lounge (depending on your level of cabin) but our experience when boarding late was that there were only cookies ...

Mura

Thanks, Mura. We can board at 11 as we are in an Oceania Suite. so, brekkie at our hotel then transfer to the ship, walkabout, and then a bite at the Terrace sounds like a plan! And thanks for all your posts. They are most helpful and informative.