Self Control? Maybe I need cruisers anonymous...

rrrrall

Heyyyy,

Maybe you will have an idea... I put a deposit down on a cruise in 2015 already.... If I go on a cruise next week randomly, there is no way I could book the same cruise on board with the perks and then move my previous deposit to it is there..... :rolleyes:

The one in 2015 was booked through a TA....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

No, the on board cruise bookings have to be original bookings. You would have to cancel the cruise(s) you have booked and then rebook onboard. You would have to see if the OBC you receive for booking onboard would be worth it. The main advantage to booking onboard is an OBC, depending on the length of the cruise and a reduced deposit. You still have to pay the balance at some point and there is no price advantage to booking onboard. I booked onboard and the LA automatically transfers my booking to my TA who usually gives me a discount.

No, the on board cruise bookings have to be original bookings. You would have to cancel the cruise(s) you have booked and then rebook onboard. You would have to see if the OBC you receive for booking onboard would be worth it. The main advantage to booking onboard is an OBC, depending on the length of the cruise and a reduced deposit. You still have to pay the balance at some point and there is no price advantage to booking onboard. I booked onboard and the LA automatically transfers my booking to my TA who usually gives me a discount.

Do I hear another reason to book yet another cruise while I am on board..... oh Lord, help me....

Do I hear another reason to book yet another cruise while I am on board..... oh Lord, help me....

The stockholder benefit does not stack with the OBC from booking on board, so I never do that.

Of course, having stock in a company mainly for the OBC is another sign that I have a problem.

There is a Simpsons episode where they go on a cruise and the boy Bart doesn't want it to ever end so he fakes that there was a disaster on the mainland and they have to cruise forever. I totally understood where he was coming from!

Alas, there is no cure for an addiction to cruising. The only way to control it is to have regular cruises. No binge cruising allowed. We've had our cruise for this year a little earlier, DW found that daggum BOGO and booked for January 2015, I had her book an Alaskan cruise tour for June 2015, then she found a cruise for January 2016 and booked it. No binges, only controlled cruising.

Phil

Edited by NCcruiserstwo

I wonder if it is more common in men or women or if it's equal? Hubby loved it and is beyond excited for Sept but he doesn't mention it and isn't hurt to wait...

One full year... but what would you do?!? Lol

Don't think the addiction is gender specific. My DW and I were hooked almost 30 years ago. But I do believe there is a genetic component as both of my parents were cruise junkies from WAY back when!!!

Enjoy the ride, just don't break the bank!;)

Living in Central Florida is dangerous! When I see those 4 day cruises for $109out of Port Canaveral, I can't resist. My husband is retired now, nothing holding us back.

I live in SE GA.... A simple 4 hour drive to port! Lol

So we went on our first RCI cruise as adults (I went when I was younger). Well, every day since we've been back I have mentioned cruising... Already booked our next cruise in 2015.... And am now even considering doing one of these last minute short cruises out of port Canaveral they keep marking down.

I feel like I may have an addiction starting. Uhoh....

I even asked hubby and he gave permission for me to go without him as he's out of vacation days :rolleyes:

How do people make the wait?!?

Would not have been so bad probably had the cruise not been overall amazing btw lol

I make the wait here, I talk about cruising here, so the people in the rest of my life don't have to put up with it, though my daughter rolls her eyes if she is visiting and I pull up the port cams to watch my next ship leave.

How do people cope with a 18 month to 2 year gap between cruises? I am only a newbie to cruising but I am finding the 12month wait between my last cruise and my next cruise excruciatingly slow. Now, I understand why some people cruise several times a year.

I am going to have to start booking cheaper cruises so I can cruise more often.

I make the wait here, I talk about cruising here, so the people in the rest of my life don't have to put up with it, though my daughter rolls her eyes if she is visiting and I pull up the port cams to watch my next ship leave.

I feel like reading about everyone else's cruises makes me even more antsy and ready to go lol

Alas, there is no cure for an addiction to cruising. The only way to control it is to have regular cruises. No binge cruising allowed. We've had our cruise for this year a little earlier, DW found that daggum BOGO and booked for January 2015, I had her book an Alaskan cruise tour for June 2015, then she found a cruise for January 2016 and booked it. No binges, only controlled cruising.

Phil

Binges are fun!

I'm addicted. We recently went to Glacier National Park in Montana. I wasn't too excited since it wasn't a cruise destination (I would have preferred sailing there). Yes, I'm addicted. My wife, not so much, but she's glad I'm hooked. :)

Edited by ChuckinSC

I was hooked after our first cruise in 1996. Have been on 1 Carnival, 1 Princess and 13 RC cruises. We have decided to be loyal to Royal from now on. Will sail on Oasis again in Jan. Have done all the class of ships with RC and this is our favorite so far

So we went on our first RCI cruise as adults (I went when I was younger). Well, every day since we've been back I have mentioned cruising... Already booked our next cruise in 2015.... And am now even considering doing one of these last minute short cruises out of port Canaveral they keep marking down.

I even asked hubby and he gave permission for me to go without him as he's out of vacation days :rolleyes:

How do people make the wait?!?

Would not have been so bad probably had the cruise not been overall amazing btw lol

Welcome to the club. We'll send you your official membership card in the mail :D

haha Yeah I get it. I feel as if I'm slowly being cured of the addiction b/c I "only" have 36 days of cruising booked over the 14 months. My next goal is to go an entire year w/o a cruise. I'm not quite there yet. I think there's a pill for it.

The only cure will be when there are no more ships on the oceans. Why do you want to quit?

We are addicted. Got off the Disney Dream last year and realized we needed to do that as a family vacation more often (was our first cruise). One reason we aren't doing Disney is because we can't do their prices 'more often'.

At any rate, my wife doesn't get super excited until we hit single digits (happened about 20 days ago) from sail away. I, on the other hand, sort of vacation vicariously through CruiseCritic and planning the cruise...

RCL has our next 2 cruises. We are looking at others as well but something tells me we'll be just fine cruising Royal once or twice a year.

So we went on our first RCI cruise as adults.

Well, every day since we've been back I have mentioned cruising... Already booked our next cruise.... And am now even considering doing one of these last minute short cruises.

Yep - I remember when my addiction started! ;)

I feel much better knowing I leave this Friday now! Haha.

Hopefully it will help hold me over for another year while I finish my graduate degree and pay off that cruise lol