Minimum Number of People Per Room?

twotall

We're currently booked in a D1 Superior Balcony with 2 adults and 1 child on the Independence for May '15.

Our daughter has asked to bring along a friend and we'd like to add an interior K room to our reservation.

We'd end up having 1 adult and 1 child in each room (at least on paper).

Both D1 and K categories are not available online unless booked for 3+ people. Can these categories be booked for only 2 people or is that no longer permitted?

I was afraid of that, thanks for the reply.

We had two similar rooms (2 people in each) on our '12 Voyager cruise and it worked out great. Having to squeeze 4 of us into one room might be a bit too cozy.

This might make us lean towards the NCL Getaway where we can book separate rooms. Too bad that RCL changed their policy.

I was afraid of that, thanks for the reply.

We had two similar rooms (2 people in each) on our '12 Voyager cruise and it worked out great. Having to squeeze 4 of us into one room might be a bit too cozy.

This might make us lean towards the NCL Getaway where we can book separate rooms. Too bad that RCL changed their policy.

Aren't there are any other staterooms that normally hold two people that would work for you?

We're currently booked in a D1 Superior Balcony with 2 adults and 1 child on the Independence for May '15.

Our daughter has asked to bring along a friend and we'd like to add an interior K room to our reservation.

We'd end up having 1 adult and 1 child in each room (at least on paper).

Both D1 and K categories are not available online unless booked for 3+ people. Can these categories be booked for only 2 people or is that no longer permitted?

Hmm. We booked a D1 for the Allure in December for just 2 of us with no problems. Just booked last month...

We reserved the Freedom for May 2015 - 3 in D1, 2 across the hall in a K. I put them on hold and then called in. I could probably save some money by putting our DD in the other room, but I'm afraid to lose my corner aft balcony. :eek: But it seems to be working for the K.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yes, we could book different rooms that would accommodate just two people. But we really would hate to give up our chosen room (aft balcony). I will follow your suggestions and hopefully be able to book both rooms. Thanks again.

Hmm. We booked a D1 for the Allure in December for just 2 of us with no problems. Just booked last month...

And I'm in a D1 on Allure as a solo. But it doesn't show as having a Pullman or sofabed, so that's probably why having 1 or 2 people is fine.

And I'm in a D1 on Allure as a solo. But it doesn't show as having a Pullman or sofabed, so that's probably why having 1 or 2 people is fine.

Good point about the pullman/sofabed. That might be a reason why they let some of them book through online.

I also just realized that I technically DID book mine on the phone, because I moved my sail date and cabin at the same time after my initial booking online. But now knowing how crappy their website is, I would almost always rather call to speak to someone to make changes!

Keep checking in/calling. On our last cruise there was a minimum # of ppl per room stipulation, but as our cruise got closer, I was able to switch to a larger room- they dropped the stipulation for minimums. It was for a family suite. As the cruise gets closer, the reps/ rules are more lenient.