Oasis and allure 2016

Bearing in mind that September is off season in Florida, it's hardly surprising.

And we know how quickly itineraries change. Look at what happened with Quantum (or was it Anthem, sorry I forget off hand). At one point, the Quantum class ship was sailing out of the US, the next minute it was reassigned. I wouldn't live on the expectation that bookings a year or so ahead will be guaranteed to be honoured. Plus, if Allure of the Seas will be in Europe for 6 months and then back in the US for 6 months, it would need to be out of action for a period of time in order to put the trees and plants that are best suited for the appropriate climate as it won't be something they can do on the way from Europe to the US.

Everyone keeps talking about the trees... Everyone realizes that the Med is actually pretty warm climate right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Caribbean needs more Oasis Ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which is one reason why I thought the Oasis/Allure and the other 2 are actually a bit ridiculous. I think the concepts they came up with and implemented are a great idea, but the ships are just too large, and that significantly limits the ports they can sail to. Not every potential cruise port is willing to fork over the money to re-dredge their harbors deeper, and some may not have a large enough turning basin. I think RCI would have been better off building more of the Freedom class and therefore would not be so limited.

Everyone keeps talking about the trees... Everyone realizes that the Med is actually pretty warm climate right?

The point I was making is that the Oasis Class ships were designed for the Caribbean, not just because of Deck 15. Whilst the Med can get Warm, unlike the Caribbean, it can get pretty damn wet during the Summer periods. I doubt very much that Royal Caribbean would put one of their largest ships in the world in a region which has unpredictable weather.

Before anyone says it, I do know about the Hurricane season in the US region, and I do know it rains.

The trees that are planted on the Oasis class ship will not survive in the European climate

Really? allure is not going on Scandinavian cruises in Europe... The Med climate in the summer is very similar to the Caribbean climate during the winter.... There is no issue with the plants. The Mediterranean is not Russia.

Follow those lines in a globe across the ocean

The point I was making is that the Oasis Class ships were designed for the Caribbean, not just because of Deck 15.

a. As were Freedom class ships designed to cruise in warm weather. Yet for years they've had a Freedom class sailing out of the UK for 7 months of the year in worse weather than a 6 month summer deployment for Oasis class in the Mediterranean would see.

Whilst the Med can get Warm, unlike the Caribbean, it can get pretty damn wet during the Summer periods.I doubt very much that Royal Caribbean would put one of their largest ships in the world in a region which has unpredictable weather.

b. Mediterranean summers are warmer than Fort Lauderdale winters, and the plants seem to do just fine.

c. Most tropical style plants love wet weather

d. If the plants did not do fine in both climates, they would replace them with ones that do grow well. I seriously doubt Royal Caribbean would let a few thousand dollars of dead plants change their deployment decisions on which the company has hundreds of millions of dollars riding.

I doubt very much that Royal Caribbean would put one of their largest ships in the world in a region which has unpredictable weather.

e. You seem to continue to completely ignore the fact that Allure is scheduled to spend 6 months cruising the Mediterranean next year. If you don't think a successful European season for Allure next year could spur a permanent European summer season for one of 4 Oasis class ships in the future, you aren't paying much attention to Royal Caribbean's deployment decisions. They will position their ships in a manner they think will make them the most money, with considerations for both current and future revenue.

Which is one reason why I thought the Oasis/Allure and the other 2 are actually a bit ridiculous. I think the concepts they came up with and implemented are a great idea, but the ships are just too large, and that significantly limits the ports they can sail to. Not every potential cruise port is willing to fork over the money to re-dredge their harbors deeper, and some may not have a large enough turning basin. I think RCI would have been better off building more of the Freedom class and therefore would not be so limited.

Its funny that everyone want s new ports on a 7 day cruise, and that Oasis and Allure are limited but if you look at most mainstream cruiselines newer ships they do the same ports as Oasis and Allure so that a lot folks going to the same islands.

The Getaway eastern goes to Nassau, St Thomas and St Martin, same as OOS and AOS, Western goes to pvt island, Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel. The Epic goes to their pvt island, Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel again same as OOS and AOS minus GC. The Escape when it comes out will go to Nassau, St Thomas and Tortola (new contracted Island)

The Regal and Royal Princess baiscally do the same island except switching out their pvt island for RCCL's.

So I think if you want new ports, you need to go on smaller ships and longer itineraries. I think that's a business decision, not the size of the ship. I think all 3 eastern ports that AOS and OOS visits made some modifications to handle the draft of the ship and I'm sure they were happy to do it. So other ports could do the same thing, that doesn't mean they will sail them there though.