safari excursions

hrprof

We did two safaris in Kruger Park this past May. The first lodge was Lion Sands. There was no step ladder to get into vehicles but the ranger would help you. If you're sitting on the seat behind the ranger is not that big a jump. We were sitting on the top seat (my husband wanted the higher view for picture taking) and it was a big jump but not too difficult by holding my husband's hand. The second lodge was Sabi Sabi and here there was a platform and vehicles pull next to it. It was easy to get on the land rovers. We had two viewings a day. They woke us up at 5:30am and after coffee/tea/pastries we left at 6:30. We returned around 9 or 9:30 for breakfast. The afternoon viewing left around 4 and returned at 7. There was a stop for coffee/tea in the morning viewing and one for cockstails (during sunset and it was beautiful) in the evening. It could be that because we were on a tour the viewing lasted two to three hours. It was plenty of time for us. I'm guessing that those times will be the ones for the pre/post cruise. You should check with your lodge regarding getting into vehicles. I wouldn't miss the safari. It was incredible. I'm sure they will help you getting on and off the vehicles. It's an experience of a lifetime.

We go to Africa twice a year and stay at extraordinary camps. You really need to spend two weeks there to enjoy the complete experience. We use Micato and everything is first class also Wilderness is great.

A short overland is fine for just a taste of Africa. The jeep drivers and rangers will help you get on the Jeep it is awkward getting in and out. Africa should be on everyone's bucket list.

Dan and I do this all private and we can stay out in the bush longer for photos and go back to the camp when we want to. Very well worth the extra money. Snacks and adult beverages are always available on the jeeps.

No matter what you decide to do in Africa you will have an amazing experience .