Inside cabin

I have no qualms about indoor cabins at all, especially if it means you go on the cruise vs not going on the cruise. We are barely in our room. Use it for showers and sleep.

Debbie

Nothing more, ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Nothing more, ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, until this next cruise on the Allure we always shared a room with our kids [emoji53] Now that they are a 10 and 13, they get their own room....Thank God. Yet another reason we booked insides. Well these are Central Park view cabins but I wasn't necessarily going for those.

We like to squeeze in as many vacations as we can. The money I saved on two balcony cabins this year was a 3 night stay at a resort in San Antonio with my kids and a quick 4 night trip for the adults in Isla Mujeres.

Debbie

Doing cruise with 11 and 13 year olds in one room. Will it work? Tips?

Yes, it totally works. We seriously really do just use the room to shower and sleep. There is enough storage to put suitcases under beds, in closets, etc.

1.) I really like to use those $5 over the door clear shoe organizers for the bathroom. You can store everything from toothbrushes to sunscreen and medication in them to help keep your bathroom counter clean.

2.) There will be enough closet and drawer space also for all 4 of you assuming you aren't a huge overpacker. We give each person a drawer or two for casual clothes, etc.

3.) No need to all shower up and wait around the room while everyone is getting ready at once. Do whatever works best but also remember the gym has nice showers with much more room to get ready than your room will. I don't always use this option but sometimes I do and my husband does as well. You will have your shower area as well as your vanity area to use.

4.) If one person usually wakes up much earlier than the rest, get the stuff they need ready and easy to find. Maybe put the stuff in the bathroom that you will need so that you can attempt not to wake everyone in the room up looking for stuff in a dark room.

5.) If I recall correctly, there is even a curtain between the main bed and the vanity area. This works well also to let others sleep if you absolutely have to turn lights on or if someone is napping while you are in there getting ready.

All in all it can and does work. I've stayed with 2 other grown women once and 4 of us in a room twice. Once on Disney and once on Royal. I'm looking forward to having our own room this upcoming cruise but I wouldn't be freaking out in any way if we didn't have that option. With your kids ages, you can easily send them down to a main area together after they get ready for dinner for a snack or something. Hope this helped.

Debbie