Question about onboard credit for past cruisers.

Last year I was going to book a cruise for Royal Caribbean, I spoke to a travel agent on the phone and she told me the cruise I was looking at had an "extra" onboard credit for past cruisers or possibly for crown and anchor members (it was a year ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details.) She said they put out a list of specific cruises / dates that have a specified extra onboard credit amount that RCI will added on top of the other travel agents onboard credit

We are in the process of planning a cruise and now, I can't find any information on it... Does anyone have an idea what I am talking about?

Am I going crazy or did they cancel it? Thanks for your help in advance!

All I can think of is that there was a promo, such as the current WOW sale that gave $100 on board credit for a 7 day cruise. I believe the current WOW sale ends today.

Here is the link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=ww_gst_tctclp_wws_hm_cntntr_6460&pagename=wow_sale

Edited by clarea

It wasn't a promo like the wow sale :/ When I looked it up on the website. it was document that had all the dates available for the whole season of cruises and what onboard credit it included. It wasn't all the dates, just specific cruises. Ugh, I wish I could remember the name!

It wasn't a promo like the wow sale :/ When I looked it up on the website. it was document that had all the dates available for the whole season of cruises and what onboard credit it included. It wasn't all the dates, just specific cruises. Ugh, I wish I could remember the name!

Unfortunately, it was probably a promotion that was available at that time that is no longer available.

Last year I was going to book a cruise for Royal Caribbean, I spoke to a travel agent on the phone and she told me the cruise I was looking at had an "extra" onboard credit for past cruisers or possibly for crown and anchor members (it was a year ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details.) She said they put out a list of specific cruises / dates that have a specified extra onboard credit amount that RCI will added on top of the other travel agents onboard credit

We are in the process of planning a cruise and now, I can't find any information on it... Does anyone have an idea what I am talking about?

Am I going crazy or did they cancel it? Thanks for your help in advance!

If I am reading this correctly, you are looking for information on 'something you kind of remember, with fuzzy details, from last year'.

A year later, things have changed and very likely nothing you read back then would be applicable now.

I would agree with you but when I asked the agent, she had told me that RCI puts this out every season just as an extra bonus for past cruisers. When I had found it on the site, it didn't seem like a promotion. It opened in a pdf document. It looked like a hidden extra bonus, if you knew how to find it. :) Maybe they did get rid of it but it seemed like a permanent fixture from the way she made it sound, it just was only for certain cruises. Who knows!

Does savings certificates sound familiar to anyone?

Yes, there could have been a savings certificate for your cruise.

Those have been replaced with automatic discounts on selected cruises/categories. You must check cruise prices while logged in to your My Cruises account to see if there is a discount. There is no list that Royal publishes that shows which cruises have C&A discounts. That would be too logical.

Edited by clarea

Does savings certificates sound familiar to anyone?

Royal Caribbean used to put out a list of savings certificates for Crown and Anchor members. Now they load them into their computer and apply them automatically. You need to login to the website to see the price that is applicable to you. Depending on your Crown and Anchor level, you will also be eligible for discounts on balconies on suites for every sailing.