Balcony for four

suitequeen

I just booked a balcony on the Crown Princess (C519). We are a family of four and I am trying to find out how the room was set up. From the diagram it does not appear to have room for two upper berths. If anyone has pics I would love to see them. I have looked everywhere and can not find any. Also do you know if the beds can be pushed together to make a queen. Thanks

In our experiences of having four in a balcony cabin, we had one upper berth that came down and then we got a rollaway bed that was folded up and placed against the wall behind the curtain each day. It was a little tight at night when the rollaway was set up, but we made it work.

This is a quad balcony cabin. The 3rd and 4th beds are in the ceiling and will be lowered at night for sleeping. Access is via a ladder at the end of the bed if the two main beds are pushed together. This means a tight squeeze if someone gets up during the night. You will have difficulty accessing the balcony when the beds are lowered at night. They are pushed back into the ceiling during the day.

This is not my photo but it'll give you an idea of the layout. Opps. Wrong photo.

Edited by Pam in CA

I just booked a balcony on the Crown Princess (C519). We are a family of four and I am trying to find out how the room was set up. From the diagram it does not appear to have room for two upper berths. If anyone has pics I would love to see them. I have looked everywhere and can not find any. Also do you know if the beds can be pushed together to make a queen. Thanks

Just like this. One comes down from each side of cabin. Yeah, it may be a tight fit at night but its all what you make of it. Enjoy your cruise! You have a lovely balcony to enjoy as well!

142-1.jpg.0c97a5795a37bf1621d75df7033c9025.jpg

There is more the one scenario for the 3rd and 4th berth as noted.

Some with one additional berth from the ceiling and a rollaway.

One with 2 additional berths in the ceiling.

It is a challenge with the rollaway, a safety issue as far as I am concerned. If we had known we would not have done it that way. :(

Our son enedeed up putting the rollaway out on the balcony, and it was a small balciny too! :eek:

There is more the one scenario for the 3rd and 4th berth as noted.

Some with one additional berth from the ceiling and a rollaway.

One with 2 additional berths in the ceiling.

It is a challenge with the rollaway, a safety issue as far as I am concerned. If we had known we would not have done it that way. :(

Our son enedeed up putting the rollaway out on the balcony, and it was a small balciny too! :eek:

Agreed! I hated dealing with the rollaway. Even shoved behind the curtain during the day it took up too much space and at night when it was opened you could barely get around the room. I would never do it again!

Thanks for the help everyone. I have finally found a picture of the room with the two upper bunks down. It looks tight but doable. I definitely did not want the roll away I did not like the idea of it taking up space during the day. I am afraid it may be hard after having a suite, but as long as we are on the boat we are happy. This will be my husband and mine first time on a 7 day on Princess and the kids first time on Princess.

I've done the quad cabins twice now with Princess (the 2 pull-down bunks) and while it's tight, we still had a wonderful time. However, please be very careful when the bunks are down. I was kneeling on the floor getting something out of my suitcase (two of us had to put our suitcases under the bed to make room) and when I stood up knocked my head really hard on the bunk closest to the balcony, and then did it again a couple days later :(. My nephew also knocked his head on the corner of the bunk. We moved the coffee table right under that corner so he'd walk around it and that solved the problem. If you also find the bunks to be a hazard (depending upon your heights & movements), you could always try somehow fastening one of the life jackets to the bunks using the strings. I'm going to try that if we ever do a quad again.

• 2 months later...

My family does these kind of cabins all the time. They do not spend much time in the cabin at all. The lower beds can not be pushed together. They were told it is because of safety reasons. However the cabins are tight and when packing keep this into consideration. Put suitcases under the bed to get them out of the way. Try to keep the cabin uncluttered if possible. You will have fun no matter what.

Sorry I found the pic online somewhere and I don't remember where I saw it. I think your 4 year old should be fine up there. There is a railing so they can't roll off. My daughter first slept on an upper bunk at age 2 and she did great.