NCL Star April 27 2015 LGBT cruisers

globalnomad8

Hi, we're Lee and Noboru from the Ft. Lauderdale area. We've done a few TA crossings and really enjoy them. Last trip we joined a group of LGBT cruisers the 2nd day for lunch in the main dining room and we all liked it so much we scheduled another one...grew to 3 tables. Anyone interested in joining us on the 2nd day at sea..April 28?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, we're Lee and Noboru from the Ft. Lauderdale area. We've done a few TA crossings and really enjoy them. Last trip we joined a group of LGBT cruisers the 2nd day for lunch in the main dining room and we all liked it so much we scheduled another one...grew to 3 tables. Anyone interested in joining us on the 2nd day at sea..April 28?

Hello Lee & Noboru,

I'm Jim and my husband Newt & I will will be on the NCL Star April 27 cruise. We would love to join you both for lunch on the 28th. Please let us know the time & place. Thank you, Jim

Hello Lee & Noboru,

I'm Jim and my husband Newt & I will will be on the NCL Star April 27 cruise. We would love to join you both for lunch on the 28th. Please let us know the time & place. Thank you, Jim

I hope there will more GLBT people on board for this transatlantic. We will have six other gay friends with us and maybe more.

Hi Jim and Newt and your 6 other friends! Thanks for connecting. What we did last time is met outside the main dining room at 12:30 on Day 2. Not sure we can make a reservation (Celebrity did not let us) but it worked out fine with about 15 people. As we get closer and see how many friends are joining we can see about logistics.

Are you and Newt trivia fanatics...always looking to set up a team :)

See you in a few months

Lee

Hi Jim and Newt and your 6 other friends! Thanks for connecting. What we did last time is met outside the main dining room at 12:30 on Day 2. Not sure we can make a reservation (Celebrity did not let us) but it worked out fine with about 15 people. As we get closer and see how many friends are joining we can see about logistics.

Are you and Newt trivia fanatics...always looking to set up a team :)

See you in a few months

Lee

Newt is very good at trivia, I so will check with him on that. Do you know anything about FOD in Norwegian?

Sorry:o Can't recall exactly but every cruise we've been on in the last couple of years has had an LGBT gathering at one of the bars around 7:30 pm. Usually there is a listing about it in the daily newsletter or a posting on a message board.

Sorry:o Can't recall exactly but every cruise we've been on in the last couple of years has had an LGBT gathering at one of the bars around 7:30 pm. Usually there is a listing about it in the daily newsletter or a posting on a message board.

It seems like this cruise price has really gone up the past several months! Not sure why that is, but guess you guys must have some of the first people to sign up so I'm sure got a great price. Are you ever on the regular tool call? We just signed up for a Dover tour set up by Marian (jamrag) on that forum that looks to be the best one. It's Dover, Canterbury, Sandwich and Leeds Castle. It includes the tickets to Dover Cliffs, Leeds Castle, Dover boat & bus tour. All for $139.

Actually we signed up a couple of months ago. I look at the NCL roll call once and a while and have seen the interesting group tours being put together. Nobo and I are planning to go to Canterbury on our own...prefer going at our own pace. In other shore stops planning on HoHo buses except St. Petersburg where we will definitely buy a 2-day excursion.

Actually we signed up a couple of months ago. I look at the NCL roll call once and a while and have seen the interesting group tours being put together. Nobo and I are planning to go to Canterbury on our own...prefer going at our own pace. In other shore stops planning on HoHo buses except St. Petersburg where we will definitely buy a 2-day excursion.

We are not going beyond Copenhagen and will travel around Germany maybe. We will end up in London for the flight back. Just purchased tickets on Norwegian Airlines London to Fort Lauderdale. Fairly cheap. They are limited in terms of destinations, but seem to be the best deal.

• 4 months later...

Hi Jim, not yet. Have been looking at amazingtours.pt option 5...

Lagoa Fogo + Furnas

6hr (Aproximatly)

50 Euros per Person

FAQ

Cidade da Ribeira Grande became a town on 29 June 1981, it is a picturesque town that has a beautiful, central garden.

Caldeira Velha, surrounded by fern trees and a hot spring with boiling water, is a warm waterfall tempting its visitors to take a bath.

Lagoa do Fogo is located in the middle of the island surrounded by untouched vegetation. It is an enormous lake of clear water, white sand beaches, and an incomparable tranquility. It is a Nature Reserve.

Pico da Barrosa with 947 meters (3106 feet) is one of the highest points of the island with an spectacular view over the south and north sides of the island.

The viewpoint Miradouro do Pisão is overlooking Caloura, which is one of the most famous summer places of São Miguel, known to be the seat of the first nunnery on the island of São Miguel.

Vila Franca, the first capital of the island until being destroyed by an earthquake in 1522, is a very nice and picturesque village to visit.

Ermida da Senhora da Paz, located on the top of the hill with the same name, offers a wonderful, panoramic view.

Lagoa das Furnas, known by all the locals, is the place where the earth is warm enough to cook the famous Furnas “Cozido”.

Caldeiras das Furnas: Boiling water and medical mud that are used for treatment of respiratory diseases and skin.

Pico do Ferro, surrounded by lush vegetation and waterfalls, without doubt a spectacular panorama over the valley of Furnas.

Fabrica de Chá Gorreana, one of the two tea factories in Europe, produces black and green tea, a very interesting visit.

Miradouro de Santa Iria, which is overlooking the north coast of São Miguel is for sure an amazing view.

Would this or any of their other tours interest you and your friends. We are really open on this....please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks, Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jim, any interest in the Ponta Delgada tour?

Lee

Yes, Newt & I will go & a friend, John Ditto. Two others said no and no response from the others. We are meeting Sunday and let you know as to one other person. How do you want to work this?

Jim, in response to my request from a tour operator in ponta delgada, this is the reply:

"Dear Lee,

Amazing Tours is happy to hear that you will have the opportunity to visit

this beautiful island. We are also glad to know that you are interested in

our services.

We are sorry to inform you that we and all of our collaborators are already

fully booked on May 4th."

He isn't too far off the mark as I tried other operators and got the same response until I hit this:

"Hello good evening Lee thanks for your contact.

I have tour 1 Sete Cidades and Fogo lake or you can choose tour 2 Furnas, the price of those tours it's 45,00€ each person it takes around 6 hours each.

If you want to do Fogo lake and Furnas it's a different tour from the ones I offer but I can provide it, it's more kilometers to do that but since you can be 6 persons I can do for the same price 45,00€ each person if you want with lunch include the price it's 60,00€ each.

You pay the tour on the end directly to the tour guide in euro cash.

Hope to hear from you soon thank you very much.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

http://www.azores-tours.com

pedro@azores-tours.com

http://www.facebook./belazorica Lda

(+351) 911 584 662

(+351) 961 445 849"

What are your thoughts? If you would like to discuss this by phone, my email is leemil2003@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Jim, in response to my request from a tour operator in ponta delgada, this is the reply:

"Dear Lee,

our services.

He isn't too far off the mark as I tried other operators and got the same response until I hit this:

I have tour 1 Sete Cidades and Fogo lake or you can choose tour 2 Furnas, the price of those tours it's 45,00€ each person it takes around 6 hours each.

If you want to do Fogo lake and Furnas it's a different tour from the ones I offer but I can provide it, it's more kilometers to do that but since you can be 6 persons I can do for the same price 45,00€ each person if you want with lunch include the price it's 60,00€ each.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

pedro@azores-tours.com

(+351) 911 584 662

(+351) 961 445 849"

What are your thoughts? If you would like to discuss this by phone, my email is leemil2003@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Hello Lee,

Think I lean more towards tour 2 Furnas that includes a ceramic factory, great views, tea plantation. The 1st tour seems like the tour most of the CC people are going on. The Belazorica Tours has great trip advisor reviews.

"Dear Lee,

our services.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

pedro@azores-tours.com

(+351) 911 584 662

(+351) 961 445 849"

Cheers!

We will have another tour person along with us; David Stagg

So, here are the four of us:

Jim Corrick (me)

Newt Jones

John Ditto

David Stagg

Guess there is no down payment. Will e-mail you if you need any other info.

We will be in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise (April 26) and maybe we could all meet for dinner somewhere. Also, on board, I think the CC Meet & Greet is the lunch on the 28th and so you may want to change the day of the GLBT main dining room meeting.

OK, Jim..thanks...how many should I book from your group? I am inclined not to buy the lunch package...Is that ok for you?

Lee

That's fine, guess we can find something to eat and think "Pedro" will point us in the right direction. What about the combination of Fogo Lake and Furnas? We want to be sure to return back to the ship in time. What about dinner in Ft Lauderdale?