NCL Star April 27 2015 LGBT cruisers

globalnomad8

Appreciate the warm welcome, gentlemen.

So our welcome lunch has been scheduled for the first sea day (April 28th) at 12:30 in the afternoon? Have we decided on a venue abroad the ship, in which to host it?

I know that our gathering will be LGBT-specific, but if I'm not mistaken, the general Cruise Critic M&G with everyone, is slated to take place that day as well. I believe that it'll be in the late morning from 11 to noon. Will you guys be in attendance at that one, too?

On a side note.....how many of you are planning on attending the very first Friends Of Dorothy meet-up? The one set for the evening of the 27th. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the first one doesn't have a big turnout, given that since it's the first day, most of us will probably be busy unpacking, getting settled into our staterooms, becoming familiar with the ship, taking care of any last-minute inquiries with Guest Services, booking reservations, etc. But out of curiosity, I figured that I would ask, nevertheless.

See you guys in less than 2 weeks.

Whoop, whoop, ^_^

Edited by Janiel

The muster drill is usually around 3:45ish, and it lasts about 15 minutes or so; therefore, I don't see how it would interfere with the FOD gathering, in seeing that it doesn't take place till 7:30 in the evening.

Either way, as I stated up above, I don't see the first one having much of a turnout.

The muster drill is usually around 3:45ish, and it lasts about 15 minutes or so; therefore, I don't see how it would interfere with the FOD gathering, in seeing that it doesn't take place till 7:30 in the evening.

Either way, as I stated up above, I don't see the first one having much of a turnout.

Glad you know when the lifeboat drill is, but if the Friends of Dorothy gathering is at 7:30 then I doubt if any of my group will show up for that. On a past cruise we got that changed to around 5 pm (more of a happy hour sort of thing) prior to dinner. Had great attendance!

Hey Jim, I note you have booked SpringHill Suites at Dania Beach, and so have I.

Have you guys made arrangement with private shuttle service to the Port on 27 April?

Patrick

Patrick, I have you added to the private shuttle we have scheduled to pick us up at 11:00 AM. Cost is $15 a person.

Jim

Lee, I was never able to get a consensus on the dinner location for Fort Lauderdale on the 26th, as you could see from past postings. Hope you guys can make it to Rosie's as think we can do a late brunch. Or, of course just dinner. You might give me your phone number so we can connect either text or voice. Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

Kevin and I will be driving down from Orlando on Sunday afternoon (4/26) and staying at the Courtyard in Plantation. If you are planning on dinner somewhere, we would love to join you!

Looking forward to an awesome cruise!

Bill

Hi Jim,

Kevin and I will be driving down from Orlando on Sunday afternoon (4/26) and staying at the Courtyard in Plantation. If you are planning on dinner somewhere, we would love to join you!

Looking forward to an awesome cruise!

Bill

Hi Bill,

We will be at Rosie's at 1:30 for a late brunch and don't have any dinner plans yet. Please give me a call when you get into town and I should know our plans then. My cell is 913-481-5899.

Lee,

Please add two more people to the Azores tour:

Doyle Dreiling

Jim Coakley

With you two guys, that would make a total of 8.

Lee,

Would it be possible to add three more people to the Azores tour? They would be:

Ellis Thigpen

Brian Thigpen

Greg Hancks

Hope that's possible. Looking forward to meeting you and Noboru,

Jim

OK...Pedro is putting on another van for a Rainbow Caravan in the Azores. We now have room for 3 others. Would anyone else be interested??

Here are the details. If interested let me know...We are doing the underlined tour at 45€ p/p . no lunch included. Lee

"Hello good evening Lee thanks for your contact.

I have tour 1 Sete Cidades and Fogo lake or you can choose tour 2 Furnas, the price of those tours it's 45,00€ each person it takes around 6 hours each.

If you want to do Fogo lake and Furnas it's a different tour from the ones I offer but I can provide it, it's more kilometers to do that but since you can be 6 persons I can do for the same price 45,00€ each person if you want with lunch include the price it's 60,00€ each.

You pay the tour on the end directly to the tour guide in euro cash.

Hope to hear from you soon thank you very much.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

http://www.azores-tours.com

pedro@azores-tours.com

http://www.facebook./belazorica Lda"

OK...Pedro is putting on another van for a Rainbow Caravan in the Azores. We now have room for 3 others. Would anyone else be interested??

Here are the details. If interested let me know...We are doing the underlined tour at 45€ p/p . no lunch included. Lee

"Hello good evening Lee thanks for your contact.

I have tour 1 Sete Cidades and Fogo lake or you can choose tour 2 Furnas, the price of those tours it's 45,00€ each person it takes around 6 hours each.

If you want to do Fogo lake and Furnas it's a different tour from the ones I offer but I can provide it, it's more kilometers to do that but since you can be 6 persons I can do for the same price 45,00€ each person if you want with lunch include the price it's 60,00€ each.

You pay the tour on the end directly to the tour guide in euro cash.

Hope to hear from you soon thank you very much.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

http://www.azores-tours.com

pedro@azores-tours.com

http://www.facebook./belazorica Lda"

Great Lee. Thank you so much. Will advise our people!

Jim

We had the meetup moved last year to 5 or so as well so that we could do the meetup and then dinner as well. We should definitely do the first FoD meet up. Roger and I will be there at least. Best to go and let the shop know that we have a significant group so they will change the time of we ask.

4 more days! YAY!

Janiel, on that first day I'm sure we can find a time that works for the bulk of the group. Roger was going to look at the daily schedules he kept from last time to see what time we met up.

Now, what to get for a grab bag gift....

4 more days! YAY!

Janiel, on that first day I'm sure we can find a time that works for the bulk of the group. Roger was going to look at the daily schedules he kept from last time to see what time we met up.

Now, what to get for a grab bag gift....

Fair enough!

My boyfriend and I used to attend them in the evenings, but I wouldn't mind attending them at a different time, for as long as I'm available to do so.

Looking forward to it.

See ya soon!

Not sure about the shops, but buying several bottles of wine sounds like a good idea. Will call the shuttle and add you. You might give me your cellphone number so we can hook up for breakfast.

Jim

Jim, I am in New York now and have got a local SIM card number for contact 917-603-0019. I will go to Boston tomorrow for a short visit before I fly down to FLL on Sunday. See you soon.

Edited by Serengeti228

Jim, I am in New York now and have got a local SIM card number for contact 917-603-0019. I will go to Boston tomorrow for a short visit before I fly down to FLL on Sunday. See you soon.

Thank you Patrick for your new cell number.

For anyone interested in maintaining contact while on-board, there is a Norwegian iConcierge App (free for iPhones & Androids) that is free phone (no roaming charge) service for contacts you input in the app while you are on the ship’s wifi. In other words, you have to call through the app. I downloaded it & think it is easier to download here on land than on board. You have to actually input names & cell phone numbers and can do that prior to boarding.

Jim

I downloaded the app as well.

Last years meetup was originally at 7:00pm. They moved it to 6:00pm after the group asked. We can for sure meet up whenever we want and just tell them though. :-)

Where is your reservation for? We are looking at going to La Cucina the 2nd night. We will want to pass out on Monday I think. Our flight leaves Austin at 6:30am, so have to wake up at 3:00 or 3:30. I likely won't even go to sleep, and just catch a nap on the plane.

Apologies in advance if I seem really crabby and/or groggy.

I downloaded the app as well.

Last years meetup was originally at 7:00pm. They moved it to 6:00pm after the group asked. We can for sure meet up whenever we want and just tell them though. :-)

Where is your reservation for? We are looking at going to La Cucina the 2nd night. We will want to pass out on Monday I think. Our flight leaves Austin at 6:30am, so have to wake up at 3:00 or 3:30. I likely won't even go to sleep, and just catch a nap on the plane.

Apologies in advance if I seem really crabby and/or groggy.

Our reservation is nothing special, we just wanted to sit together. It's the Aqua Dinning Room.