NCL Star April 27 2015 LGBT cruisers

globalnomad8

Lee, I was never able to get a consensus on the dinner location for Fort Lauderdale on the 26th, as you could see from past postings. Hope you guys can make it to Rosie's as think we can do a late brunch. Or, of course just dinner. You might give me your phone number so we can connect either text or voice. Thanks, Jim

First and foremost a Big welcome to Patrick, John and Kevin and Bill...really glad you have joined our group.

Hope there are some trivia addicts among you.

Patrick, Nobo and I had lived in Asia for many years in KL, Bangkok, Tokyo and Jakarta...so it'll be fun to talk story with you. Came back to U.S. about 4.5 years ago.

Lunch on the 28th in the Dining Room at 12:30...is that ok with everyone. I'll try to get the captain to set aside some tables for us. Wasn't very successful when we tried this on Celebrity. We all met outside the entrance to the dining room and for some inexplicable reason we were all able to recognize each other

Our second lunch meet at the end of the cruise doubled in size to about 30 LGBTrs.

Jim, Rosies is just fine...shall we meet at the entry at 1:00? My phone is 954.974.3632

Counting the minutes at this point...safe journey to you all to Port Miami!

Lee

Hello Lee,

I am much curious to know about your previous exotic ;) encounters in Asia.

I will go for M&G at 11am on April 28, so lunch at 12:30 pm is fine. What is the name of the dinning hall and which level? my apologies as this is my 1st NCL cruise.

Cheers.

Patrick

First and foremost a Big welcome to Patrick, John and Kevin and Bill...really glad you have joined our group.

Hope there are some trivia addicts among you.

Patrick, Nobo and I had lived in Asia for many years in KL, Bangkok, Tokyo and Jakarta...so it'll be fun to talk story with you. Came back to U.S. about 4.5 years ago.

Lunch on the 28th in the Dining Room at 12:30...is that ok with everyone. I'll try to get the captain to set aside some tables for us. Wasn't very successful when we tried this on Celebrity. We all met outside the entrance to the dining room and for some inexplicable reason we were all able to recognize each other

Our second lunch meet at the end of the cruise doubled in size to about 30 LGBTrs.

Jim, Rosies is just fine...shall we meet at the entry at 1:00? My phone is 954.974.3632

Counting the minutes at this point...safe journey to you all to Port Miami!

Lee

Ditto on the welcome! Lee, 1:00 at Rosie's it is. Not sure the number in our party. 4 of us arrive on the same plane and should be able to make it there at 1:00, the other 4 have different flight arrangements.

Matt, where in Kansas are you from?

Patrick, There are 2 dining rooms on deck 6--aqua and versailles. Not sure which one would be open for lunch. I would guess Aqua would be the place to meet. Does anyone else have any input on which of the dining rooms are open for lunch?

Jim, what time are you guys arriving? Do you want to push the lunch at Rosie's to 1:30? Should I make reservations if they take them?

Lee

Ditto on the welcome! Lee, 1:00 at Rosie's it is. Not sure the number in our party. 4 of us arrive on the same plane and should be able to make it there at 1:00, the other 4 have different flight arrangements.

Matt, where in Kansas are you from?

I grew up, and still have some family, in the Southeast Hills. Independence, Sedan, and Coffeyville area. When people tell me KS is all flat, I think, not the part that I am from. :-)

Patrick, There are 2 dining rooms on deck 6--aqua and versailles. Not sure which one would be open for lunch. I would guess Aqua would be the place to meet. Does anyone else have any input on which of the dining rooms are open for lunch?

Jim, what time are you guys arriving? Do you want to push the lunch at Rosie's to 1:30? Should I make reservations if they take them?

Lee

If I remember correctly, Roger and I had lunch in Versailles the first day we got on board last year.

The central foyer is a nice open area to meet. It has the coffee bar and a sitting area. There is also plenty of space to gather and then go grab a table together. This assumes they haven't changed the layout too much when they were in dry dock.

I am looking forward to the new Irish Pub. I hope they have a couple of good stouts on tap. What would and Irish Pub be without Guiness?

I grew up, and still have some family, in the Southeast Hills. Independence, Sedan, and Coffeyville area. When people tell me KS is all flat, I think, not the part that I am from. :-)

I'm from Topeka. My husband, Newt is from Texas, but grew up on the Kansas side of the Kansas City area. We love this part of the country. It may be red, but our Iowa marriage is now legal in Kansas City, MO. Progress!

Lee, if reservations are possible and/or necessary at Rosie's, maybe you should make one for us at 1:30. Thank you. Only 2 weeks away. WOW!

Jim

Matt, that's a great suggestion...Central foyer at 12:30

Lee

Will this conflict with the Meet & Greet for the main cruise critic group? I can't remember what time it is set for, but I am pretty sure it is the first sea day.

Think the M&G for the regular group is at 11:00 am, so 12:30 should work.

Ok. I see that there is talk about doing the cabin crawl after the meet & greet, but some dissenters. Will have to see what gets decided.

I think I am off for a bit to get in some exercise. Have to make sure I get in my cardio so my swimsuit fits me right. :-)

Yes Patrick we have. They are going to pick four of us up at 11:00 am. We can add you if you want. There could be an additional two guys, but one as an airline steward (not stewardess) and they fly space available so don't know when they will arrive in town.

Yes Patrick we have. They are going to pick four of us up at 11:00 am. We can add you if you want. There could be an additional two guys, but one as an airline steward (not stewardess) and they fly space available so don't know when they will arrive in town.

Sure, please count me in. I trust we will meet up during breakfast time.

Do you have any idea whether there are shops at Oakwood Plaza North (the big mall nearby) selling wine? I would like to pick a couple of bottles in case there is no vina vino package on board.

Thanks

Patrick

Not sure about the shops, but buying several bottles of wine sounds like a good idea. Will call the shuttle and add you. You might give me your cellphone number so we can hook up for breakfast.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I shall share the cost with you guys. Yeah, I need the booze to past time at sea :). My phone number is Hong Kong based +852 9311 9900, but you can reach me by whats apps once I get wifi connection. I trust it should be complimentary from the hotel.:D

Cheers.