NCL Star April 27 2015 LGBT cruisers

globalnomad8

That's fine, guess we can find something to eat and think "Pedro" will point us in the right direction. What about the combination of Fogo Lake and Furnas? We want to be sure to return back to the ship in time. What about dinner in Ft Lauderdale?

Lee,

Please add two more people to the Azores tour:

Doyle Dreiling

Jim Coakley

With you two guys, that would make a total of 8.

Hi Jim,

Dinner in Ft. Lauderdale the night before we sail would be great....where will you be staying?

Here is the latest from Pedro:

Hello thank you Lee to book the tour with Belazorica the van it's a Mercedes with 7 seats you can see some photos in Facebook page.

The lunch a la Carte you can choose different plates and of course different prices some can cost 7,00€ others 14,00€ more the wines.the cozido it's 13,00€, just the dish.

One cozido it's enough for two persons if you don't eat to much on the restaurant that I work with.

Here you have the information to meet with your tour guide:

When you dock go to the ground floor don't take the stairs or the elevator outside the glass door look for a paper with Belazorica and your name Lee Milstein it's your tour guide. Try to come out all together.

Tour 2 Furnas 6 persons around 6 hours 45,00€ each.

Depart of the cruise pier along the south coast 1 stop at a ceramic factory 2 stop Bila Franca village and visit a chapel on the side of a hill with overlooking to the sea and the Village Vila Franca , next you visit the Furnas lake and Furnas village ,hot springs , you can try some mineral waters next you visit a tea factory and plantation the only one in Europe where you can drink the green and black tea.

The last stop it's on Santa Iria view where you observe the north coast of the island. Along the way there are others sightseeing stops.

If you want to lunch you also can do that.

You pay the tour on the end directly to the tour guide euro cash.

Thank you very much you are booked

Enjoy your cruise.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

I am going to remind him about the Lake and also if we will have time to "soak" in the hot springs. Anything else?

Lee

Hi Jim,

Dinner in Ft. Lauderdale the night before we sail would be great....where will you be staying?

Here is the latest from Pedro:

Hello thank you Lee to book the tour with Belazorica the van it's a Mercedes with 7 seats you can see some photos in Facebook page.

The lunch a la Carte you can choose different plates and of course different prices some can cost 7,00€ others 14,00€ more the wines.the cozido it's 13,00€, just the dish.

One cozido it's enough for two persons if you don't eat to much on the restaurant that I work with.

Here you have the information to meet with your tour guide:

When you dock go to the ground floor don't take the stairs or the elevator outside the glass door look for a paper with Belazorica and your name Lee Milstein it's your tour guide. Try to come out all together.

Tour 2 Furnas 6 persons around 6 hours 45,00€ each.

Depart of the cruise pier along the south coast 1 stop at a ceramic factory 2 stop Bila Franca village and visit a chapel on the side of a hill with overlooking to the sea and the Village Vila Franca , next you visit the Furnas lake and Furnas village ,hot springs , you can try some mineral waters next you visit a tea factory and plantation the only one in Europe where you can drink the green and black tea.

The last stop it's on Santa Iria view where you observe the north coast of the island. Along the way there are others sightseeing stops.

If you want to lunch you also can do that.

You pay the tour on the end directly to the tour guide euro cash.

Thank you very much you are booked

Enjoy your cruise.

BELAZORICA

AZORES TOURS

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira

I am going to remind him about the Lake and also if we will have time to "soak" in the hot springs. Anything else?

Lee

Does Pedro only have room for seven people? I thought we had eight.

Jim

Jim, further to my email earlier today, apparently we need to decide on the soak in the mineral springs at Furnas or Lake Fogo..let me know your preference.

Another "serious" decision: we have to let him know if we are going to eat the specialty of the area Cozido, a portuguese stew cooked in kettles emersed in the hot earth at the springs. I read some reports on it and it looks like enough for 2 people. I am going to order, a la carte, 1 cozido for Noboru and me. He says we have to order in advance since they cook only for the people eating it that day. Will your group want cosido? If so, how many for your group. Or do you want to just wing it at the restaurant.

Sorry for all this back and forth on details. I certainly don't want to make arbitrary decisions...hell you might throw me overboard:D

Lee

Re: 8 people, I'll check with Pedro. Please advise about lunch and choice between Fogo lake or soaking in the mineral hot springs....can't do both apparently given the time we have? I've asked him if there is a changing area for the baths.

Hi Jim, just got the ok from Pedro for an 8-person van..so good to go on that front

Lee, put us down for the a la carte cozido (local stew) three orders for six people.

We are staying at the:

Springhill Suites

151 Southwest 18 th court

Dania Beach, FL 33004

But we can meet you guys at somewhere for dinner night of April 26.

Jim

Hey Jim, got the lunch order! What kind of food you guys want to try? Cuban or other Latin type, Asian, barbeque (altho coming from KC I guess that's fairly common). Gay or straight restaurant..

Also, one last question on choices on the tour: Please advise choice between Fogo lake or soaking in the mineral hot springs....can't do both apparently given the time we have? I've asked him if there is a changing area for the baths.

Have a good week, Lee

Hey Jim, got the lunch order! What kind of food you guys want to try? Cuban or other Latin type, Asian, barbeque (altho coming from KC I guess that's fairly common). Gay or straight restaurant..

Also, one last question on choices on the tour: Please advise choice between Fogo lake or soaking in the mineral hot springs....can't do both apparently given the time we have? I've asked him if there is a changing area for the baths.

Have a good week, Lee

Hello Lee,

Lets do the Fogo Lake. In regards to dinner, how about a popular gay place. Maybe one that has a "Happy Hour" as we will arrive in Ft Lauderdale in the morning.

Hey Jim,

Here are 3 of the most popular gay restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale. You can check out their websites...see which best suits you.

How are you getting to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale on Monday?

http://www.rosiesbng.com/

http://www.alibiwiltonmanors.com/

http://coconutsfortlauderdale.com/

Tropics More than a piano bar

Popular with the "silver fox" crowd, distinguised gentlemen come to Tropics for a delicious array of reasonably priced food and great service, over a backdrop of live piano entertainment. The Sunday brunch buffet is a big hit.

Tags: Mostly Men , Piano Bar , $$$ - Moderate , $$ - Standard , Gay-owned ,American

Added by: jimmycx

I COULDN’T ACCESS THEIR WEBSITE

• 3 weeks later...

I missed this post. Sorry about that. Will get back to you. We are taking a shuttle from the hotel to the port. There will be 4-6 people going. One person is a flight attendant & so not sure when he and his husband will arrive in Ft Lauderdale.

Hello. We'll be joining you guys on this cruise. I'm Roger and my partner is Matt. We live in Austin TX but I'm originally from San Francisco and Matt is from Kansas. Hopefully we'll have a big group this cruise. We were on the NCL Star East bound T/A last year and we had a huge group at the FOD meet ups every night. Probably about 20-25 people. I like the idea of a lunchtime meet up. If there's room, we would love to join you guys for lunch. We are also on the main roll call board.

-Roger (rm #10730)

Hi Matt and Roger...welcome aboard! Glad you made the connection. Yes, we're trying to put a lunch together in the dining room on the second or third day out. I think Jim mentioned there is a Cruise Critic lunch on the second day...right Jim?

Are you guys overnighting in Ft. Lauderdale the night before the cruise? If so, let us know. We're planning on dinner that night in the wilds of Wilton Manors.

I'm not much of a board of card player....but I'm wild for trivia. You?

See you soon....Lee

We are flying in the morning of the cruise. It's the first flight of the day and it's a non stop and there are a couple of other flights we can jump on as a back up.

We do like trivia. Last year we met a really nice old couple and met them for morning trivia just about every sea day. They had a progressive trivia for all the sea days with about a dozen teams last year.

We'll see you in a month!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am Patrick from Singapore, living in Hong Kong. I decided to take this TA cruise a month ago and I am cruising solo. I came across this forum from the main roll call board today so I want to jump in to say hi! I will be in the M&G meeting on April 28 and perhaps I will see some of you as well.

BTW, are there any formal nights on this TA cruise? There were formal nights in the Alaska and Caribbean cruises that I went before. I am thinking if I should bring along my suit only for this cruise as I will be travelling around in Nordic countries afterwards.

Cheers.

Patrick ( rm#8508)

Great to see some other gay people on board this cruise. Several of us are meeting for brunch/dinner in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday April 26. Think we will go to Rosie's for a late brunch maybe between 1-2pm. If you are in town, please join us.

Newt & Jim (from Kansas City).

Hi, we're Lee and Noboru from the Ft. Lauderdale area. We've done a few TA crossings and really enjoy them. Last trip we joined a group of LGBT cruisers the 2nd day for lunch in the main dining room and we all liked it so much we scheduled another one...grew to 3 tables. Anyone interested in joining us on the 2nd day at sea..April 28?

Hi Lee & Noboru,

Kevin and Bill here and we would love to join you for lunch in the main dining room. Please add us to the list. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kevin & Bill