Allure EasternCaribbean Grand Suite cabin selection

geogran

Allure Eastern Caribbean 7 nights

If you had a choice of these 3 GS cabins, which might you choose based on experience, preference or is it a toss up? (I've eliminated a few others).

7660 - lower deck, Starboard, no connecting cabin, near aft elevator

8254 - CP deck, Port side, no connecting cabin, near aft elevator

9654 - higher deck, Starboard, connecting cabin, near aft elevator

Thrilled to get a GS (first ever) on cloud 9!

Yes I am overthinking this and DH says close my eyes and pick one....:D

Thanks for input!

Allure Eastern Caribbean 7 nights

If you had a choice of these 3 GS cabins, which might you choose based on experience, preference or is it a toss up? (I've eliminated a few others).

7660 - lower deck, Starboard, no connecting cabin, near aft elevator

8254 - CP deck, Port side, no connecting cabin, near aft elevator

9654 - higher deck, Starboard, connecting cabin, near aft elevator

Thrilled to get a GS (first ever) on cloud 9!

Yes I am overthinking this and DH says close my eyes and pick one....:D

Thanks for input!

I would pick 8254. I would not want a connecting stateroom, and deck 7 near the aft elevators is problematic because you cannot pass from side to side there.

I would pick 8254. I would not want a connecting stateroom, and deck 7 near the aft elevators is problematic because you cannot pass from side to side there.

Thank you!

(That was my 1st thought because I think Central Park Deck 8 will be such a wonderful place to spend time as well and I had read it is a quiet deck. I did not not know about deck 7 aft. I had read that connecting cabins can sometimes be noisy but was kind of swayed towards 9654 because it is starboard and higher).

First thing Monday morning I will be on the phone and I hope that 8254 is still available...:)

Thank you!

(That was my 1st thought because I think Central Park Deck 8 will be such a wonderful place to spend time as well and I had read it is a quiet deck. I did not not know about deck 7 aft. I had read that connecting cabins can sometimes be noisy but was kind of swayed towards 9654 because it is starboard and higher).

First thing Monday morning I will be on the phone and I hope that 8254 is still available...:)

You can try putting a courtesy hold on it now using Royal's website.

I have had 7254 and 9260 on Allure - fantastic cabins and locations.

I don't think you can go wrong with 8254 at all! You will have a fantastic cruise, whichever cabin you go with!

Jo :)

We are in GS 11254 on the Allure next summer. They all sold out so fast on our sailing.

We had the same cabin on our 6/29 sailing:D!!! We booked about 9 months in advance because that was a perfect location. We never heard any noise from the elevators or from across from the crew area. If Floyd is still your cabin attendant you will love him . The best part was how close it was to the concierge lounge!

We had the same cabin on our 6/29 sailing:D!!! We booked about 9 months in advance because that was a perfect location. We never heard any noise from the elevators or from across from the crew area. If Floyd is still your cabin attendant you will love him . The best part was how close it was to the concierge lounge!

Thanks for the info! I thought it looked pretty perfect on paper, glad to hear you thought so.

I have 7254 booked for an upcoming cruise. This is the first that I have ever heard that passing from side to side is not possible. The deck plans do not indicate this. They show a space to walk across from one side to the other in front of the elevators/stairs. :confused:

Could I take the opportunity to ask if bottled water is included in the GS's?:o

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks Bob!

We have 8254 and couldn't be more pleased - sailing in 6 days!

Thanks Jo24 and others for the feedback and thumbs up...

Appreciate the expertise and helpful tips.

I have 7254 booked for an upcoming cruise. This is the first that I have ever heard that passing from side to side is not possible. The deck plans do not indicate this. They show a space to walk across from one side to the other in front of the elevators/stairs. :confused:

Could I take the opportunity to ask if bottled water is included in the GS's?:o

I believe the Boardwalk sign blocks passing side to side between the aft elevator lobbies. We had one complementary bottle of water in our GS. Additional bottles would have been extra cost.

I believe the Boardwalk sign blocks passing side to side between the aft elevator lobbies. We had one complementary bottle of water in our GS. Additional bottles would have been extra cost.

Since I have not yet seen the ship, that doesn't mean much to me. I guess we will have to wait and see. While walking/riding up and down, we will have to make sure and stay on the port side elevators and stairs. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks Bob!

We have 8254 and couldn't be more pleased - sailing in 6 days!

Thanks Jo24 and others for the feedback and thumbs up...

Appreciate the expertise and helpful tips.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. We have 8660 on the Oasis in November -- chosen because it's not connecting, and we thought Deck 8 would give us fairly easy vertical access by stairs to the CL, Boardwalk, Promenade, and MDR. We also liked the idea of being able to walk through Central Park to get to the forward part of the ship instead of walking down an endless corridor of cabins.

however, you cannot cross from port to starboard (left side to right side) at this location (this is due to the Boardwalk entrance/signage). You'll have to walk up or down a flight, cross over, then go back to deck 7 to get to the other side. Planning your route is key here. ;)

I am still not sure why the sign gets in the way. Is there actually an entrance to The Boardwalk there, or are the aft stairs/elevator the only way to go down to the BW? :o

I am still not sure why the sign gets in the way. Is there actually an entrance to The Boardwalk there, or are the aft stairs/elevator the only way to go down to the BW? :o

There is no entrance to the Boardwalk on deck 7. The Boardwalk entrance is on deck 6. The structure of the sign blocks the passageway between the port and starboard elevator lobbies on deck 7.

Edited by clarea