Disney vs royal

connes1

Yes. I forgot to mention that we did go to PALO for lunch and dinner and both were amazing.

Yes, wasn't it, though?? A meal like that costs $$, and rarely a seat by the window over-looking the sea like we had...brunch was the killer for me...the chicken Parm was THEE best I've ever had..can you imagine? Chicken Parm for brunch? I ordered it because several Disney members told me to order it, and they were right! It's on the menu, not on the brunch tables...if you didn't try it, next time, do it!!

Big Al

Yes, wasn't it, though?? A meal like that costs $$, and rarely a seat by the window over-looking the sea like we had...brunch was the killer for me...the chicken Parm was THEE best I've ever had..can you imagine? Chicken Parm for brunch? I ordered it because several Disney members told me to order it, and they were right! It's on the menu, not on the brunch tables...if you didn't try it, next time, do it!!

Big Al

I didn't try chick parm but I did have a weird pizza with grapes and blue cheese and it was probably one of the best things I ever tasted.

One of the "little" things that Disney does when in port they set up a "drink" station. So when you come back from your excursions or such they have ice cold flavored water waiting for you before you get back on the ship. What a nice touch, especially if its hot out...that nice ice cold water really hit the spot....love it...:)

We have sailed DCL several times, as far back as 2000, mostly just adults.

As other have said, Palo brunch is NOT to be missed. Best meal on any ship, ever.

The 2 older ships are a bit long in the tooth. The extended drydock for the Magic did not help much. However, the Dream class ships are fantastic. Shows in the theater are not the only shows. Keep your eyes open at dinner.

DCL does service right, and then some.

Price is sky-high and DCL never has sales which is a major factor to sailing other lines.

For a good chuckle, on embarkation, we try to give a ridiculous last name for them to announce. :D

I exclusively cruise with Royal Caribbean however I am going try Disney... but am a little anxious. Does anybody have any input on some of the differences between the two. I do know DCL seems to be more expensive than RCCL. Any info would be appreciated.

Unless you have little ones I wouldn't step on Disney again....tons of small kids and IMHO...terrible designed ships.