Waiting to book next cruise....still have 3 more months to book??

sunflower47

We are going on our first cruise in November to see if we like cruising and then, assuming we do, I wanted to book our next cruise on the ship to get the onboard credit while putting a deposit on the next cruise.

Will doing that be too late for booking another cruise. I am looking at Alaska about this time next year, late August maybe into early September on the Pearl out of Seattle. That would be 9 months out at that time but I know that is a popular cruise.

It just seems strange to know what I want to do and not do it to hold out for a $100 credit. But there is a chance we won't like cruising either for whatever reasons.

That's why we are doing this short trip.

Edited by sunflower47

When you are on the Sky cruise, you can purchase the future cruise reward for $250 and they will credit you the $100 in your account for that cruise.

You can't book your next cruise while on the ship (unless using the internet). You can use the cruise reward as your down payment (except on the higher end cabins).

Our 1st cruise was on the Pearl to Alaska in 2008 . Be careful....... cruising can be addictive!!

Okay I hope this doesn't appear to be a crazy question! Hypothetical of course! I have a cruise this November(comped by CAS ) also one booked into 2015,(complements of CAS) so on the cruise in November if I purchase future cruise credit250.00 and receive the 100 OBC for the November cruise can meet you then apply the future cruise credit to the 2015 cruise and if so how would that work thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are going on our first cruise in November to see if we like cruising and then, assuming we do, I wanted to book our next cruise on the ship to get the onboard credit while putting a deposit on the next cruise.

Will doing that be too late for booking another cruise. I am looking at Alaska about this time next year, late August maybe into early September on the Pearl out of Seattle. That would be 9 months out at that time but I know that is a popular cruise.

It just seems strange to know what I want to do and not do it to hold out for a $100 credit. But there is a chance we won't like cruising either for whatever reasons.

That's why we are doing this short trip.

It depends in part on what category cabin you want. Some of the suites, especially those where there are only 2 or 4 of them on the ship, get reserved far in advance.

If you have a specific cruise or two in mind for next year, you might want to start the online reservation process to check for availability of the cabin category you prefer.

If there's plenty of availability, you might just keep watching.

At least on the Sun for Alaska next summer, many of the suites are taken, and for just about all of the cruises we checked, for dates that were possible for us.

(I'm sure some will get cancelled. If the one(s) you want is sold out, you could keep checking back. I don't know how any "wait list" arrangement works - or doesn't - on NCL.)

GeezerCouple