Bringing soda on board

fireman845

How long ago? As mentioned there were several members of CC who quickly corrected me when I suggested the same thing. Perhaps it has changed recently. And according to Crews News' post, HAL says OK to take them onboard in your suitcase. No mention of slapping the luggage tag on and leaving them to be loaded with the luggage. We boarded in April, and carried it in a carry-on, saw no soda or water being checked otherwise.

I thought it was in Jan 2013 for our Prinsendam cruise, but DH thinks it was our Ryndam cruise last Nov...He packs my Pepsi in a box & we stick it in an old Airline Carry on bag & slap a luggage tag on it..I tell the porters what's in the bag though & we make sure to give give them a nice tip...I always have three bags with clothes to check plus my Pepsi bag..(Agree, far too many) It's always been sent to our cabin..

According to the HAL e-mail which CrewNews received it can go with your checked luggage but I don't think it has to be IN it..If we fly to a port I wait until I get there to buy it..

Edited by serendipity1499

I thought it was in Jan 2013 for our Prinsendam cruise, but DH thinks it was our Ryndam cruise last Nov...He packs my Pepsi in a box & we stick it in an old Airline Carry on bag & slap a luggage tag on it..I tell the porters what's in the bag though & we make sure to give give them a nice tip...I always have three bags with clothes to check plus my Pepsi bag..(Agree, far too many) It's always been sent to our cabin..

According to the HAL e-mail which CrewNews received it can go with your checked luggage but I don't think it has to be IN it..If we fly to a port I wait until I get there to buy it..

Thank you. I'm wondering now if this is yet another example of getting different answers to the same question depending on who you talk to at HAL. I've taken my information from this forum on this topic, but there is much conflicted info. I think though, that pretty soon they may end the being able to take unlimited amounts of soda on board, in much the same way they handled the wine allowance.

Thank you. I'm wondering now if this is yet another example of getting different answers to the same question depending on who you talk to at HAL. I've taken my information from this forum on this topic, but there is much conflicted info. I think though, that pretty soon they may end the being able to take unlimited amounts of soda on board, in much the same way they handled the wine allowance.

I also rely more on information I receive from credible posters on this board than I would on information received from HAL. It has been my experience that if you ask three different HAL reps a question you will get three different answers. Experienced long term posters who can report what actually takes place are a good source of information.

I also rely more on information I receive from credible posters on this board than I would on information received from HAL. It has been my experience that if you ask three different HAL reps a question you will get three different answers. Experienced long term posters who can report what actually takes place are a good source of information.

Lizzie..I completely agree with Sapper..Have been on Cruise Critic long enough to realize that sometimes people give info which they think is correct or they feel things should be done a certain way..They are not deliberately making these ideas up, just putting their own spin on ideas..

For instance, just received the weekly e-mail from "Transportation Security Admin Week in Review"..

In it, they state this week they Confiscated 33 Loaded Firearms, stun grenade & more.. Then they listed all the guns, knives bombs, etc. found in checked baggage & carry-ons.. They also state you can't bring toys which look alike guns, bombs, etc. or you could be arrested...I've heard people pick up & these e-mails & say all those who carried these weapons & look a likes were arrested, because they think they should be, when that was not the case..

BTW this report continues to stun me..I believe if enough of these stupid Psgrs were arrested, they would not find so many each week, but realize the jails would be full & the courts would be overwhelmed with these cases..

The idea of my post is that you should get to know posters & believe only half of what is told to you as fact on CC..I always try to check things out myself..

Edited by serendipity1499

Lizzie..I completely agree with Sapper..Have been on Cruise Critic long enough to realize that sometimes people give info which they think is correct or they feel things should be done a certain way..They are not deliberately making these ideas up, just putting their own spin on ideas..

For instance, just received the weekly e-mail from "Transportation Security Admin Week in Review"..

In it, they state this week they Confiscated 33 Loaded Firearms, stun grenade & more.. Then they listed all the guns, knives bombs, etc. found in checked baggage & carry-ons.. They also state you can't bring toys which look alike guns, bombs, etc. or you could be arrested...I've heard people pick up & these e-mails & say all those who carried these weapons & look a likes were arrested, because they think they should be, when that was not the case..

BTW this report continues to stun me..I believe if enough of these stupid Psgrs were arrested, they would not find so many each week, but realize the jails would be full & the courts would be overwhelmed with these cases..

The idea of my post is that you should get to know posters & believe only half of what is told to you as fact on CC..I always try to check things out myself..

Just to clarify, I was agreeing with Lizzie. I couldn't tell from reading your reply if you had that take on it or not. :)

I have to say - I thought I was safe following the info provided by a long-time respected poster on here specifically, and others as well. Just goes to show how wrong we ALL can be. But rather than stress it out, let's just wait and see how things unfold - I'm sure there are those happy to continue slapping a luggage tag on a case or two of pop and/or soda and leaving it for the crew to load, and would be happy to report back.

Unfortunately the unnamed social media site that I "thought" I read about all beverages must be in carry-ons does not have a search function. I have tried to find what I recall and have had no luck so far. I know it was around the time of the announcement of the new-new (as in current) wine policy. If I ever do find it I will report back.

Just to clarify, I was agreeing with Lizzie. I couldn't tell from reading your reply if you had that take on it or not. :)

No Sapper... Sorry I misread your post...Thought you were saying you only rely on those who you know are giving you the correct info..

I'm more the "from Missouri" type who needs proof, before I believe half of what I read & hear..

Thanks & have a nice day..

I see that some of you bringing cases of drinks on board tip the porter on the dock (and a lot more of you do not mention anything about it), But how many of you actually tip the poor cabin stewarts who have to lug all this extra luggage...I think this is the reason why HAL is asking YOU to carry it on board in your carry on.

Edited by happyglobetrotter