Beds on Pride and Paradise?

Plankton1

My wife and I went on a Carnival boat about a decade ago. We were surprised that it was nicer ship and experience than we'd expected. However, there was one big problem...the bed. Even though we were in suite, the mattress was prison-quality---super-thin and VERY uncomfortable. I hope the cruise line has changed these--I know some other cruise lines have. I was possibly looking into sailing on the Pride or Paradise and wondered how the beds were now. I am not necessarily looking for a suite--just the average cabin's bed. Thanks for your feedback.

Our bed on the Pride was very firm this past April. My back bothered me all week. I'm bringing one of those waffle toppers that sell for about $12 at Target on our next cruise. We drive to the port so it's easy to bring. I'll dump it after the cruise. A hard bed won't stop me from enjoying a great ship.

• 1 month later...

I've cruised on these three lines, and found Carnival beds to be fine, though I usually do ask for a mattress topper and extra pillows. Celebrity's were fine, too. Princess (two different ships) were just awful -- WAY too hard. I have had back pain from mattresses that were both too hard and too soft. What I like are firm, not hard, with a little bit of softness on top. That's how I would describe Carnival's in the past. I surely hope they haven't started getting their mattresses from Princess' supplier. They were so bad that I avoid Princess for that reason.

Just off the Pride and our bed was great! After being on Royal (very hard and uncomfortable) we really appreciated the bed on the Pride :o. We have never had a bad bed on Carnival. Maybe we have just been lucky or we don't mind beds that are a little firm. :rolleyes:

Just off the Pride myself and the beds are on the firm side. A suggested alternative to asking for or bringing a waffle topper if you prefer a softer sleep is to check for and use the extra comforter kept in the drawer under the couch (if your room has a couch and has not been set up as two twins). It's not ideal but could make just enough of a difference.