Looks like no alternative menu with DD, Email communication with Royal

[quote name='cello56']Not for long there won't be. Announcements have already been made by RCI of DD expanding throughout the fleet.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Could you please post those announcements on this thread to prove your point. Because I have seen no such announcement from RCCL. I was just on Enchantment 10 days ago and there is the dining room, Windjammer, and Chops. Where is the space for Dynamic Dining? There is a statement circulating about Oasis being retrofitted to accomodate DD. If that's the case Allure would be most likely next. Most of this is speculation pure and simple about the other 19 ships. They have not even pulled it off on a ship designed for it let alone retrofitting it to the rest of the fleet. Only Explorer is scheduled for a retrofit in 2015. So please, share the announcements that have already been made. Since you are so confident about your statement "Not for long there won't be". I wish that you would share the time table that you seem to know is coming soon.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Priusprof'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Could you please post those announcements on this thread to prove your point. Because I have seen no such announcement from RCCL. I was just on Enchantment 10 days ago and there is the dining room, Windjammer, and Chops. Where is the space for Dynamic Dining? There is a statement circulating about Oasis being retrofitted to accomodate DD. If that's the case Allure would be most likely next. Most of this is speculation pure and simple about the other 19 ships. They have not even pulled it off on a ship designed for it let alone retrofitting it to the rest of the fleet. Only Explorer is scheduled for a retrofit in 2015. So please, share the announcements that have already been made. Since you are so confident about your statement "Not for long there won't be". I wish that you would share the time table that you seem to know is coming soon.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Allure is also going into dry dock in 2015.

[quote name='Priusprof'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Could you please post those announcements on this thread to prove your point. Because I have seen no such announcement from RCCL. I was just on Enchantment 10 days ago and there is the dining room, Windjammer, and Chops. Where is the space for Dynamic Dining? There is a statement circulating about Oasis being retrofitted to accomodate DD. If that's the case Allure would be most likely next. Most of this is speculation pure and simple about the other 19 ships. They have not even pulled it off on a ship designed for it let alone retrofitting it to the rest of the fleet. Only Explorer is scheduled for a retrofit in 2015. So please, share the announcements that have already been made. Since you are so confident about your statement "Not for long there won't be". I wish that you would share the time table that you seem to know is coming soon.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Freedom scheduled next after Oasis for Drydock in January 2015 and many, many reports from all levels of crew that she will be getting DD at that time.

I agree with you though that it is way to soon to speculate that the entire fleet will be getting DD.

[quote name='Ourusualbeach']Freedom scheduled next after Oasis for Drydock in January 2015 and many, many reports from all levels of crew that she will be getting DD at that time.

I agree with you though that it is way to soon to speculate that the entire fleet will be getting DD.[/QUOTE]

I may have posted this already, :o
, but we have Oasis in March and Freedom in June. Neither of them show any dining choices available. Including Chops and Portofino
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='John&LaLa']I may have posted this already, :o
, but we have Oasis in March and Freedom in June. Neither of them show any dining choices available. Including Chops and Portofino
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Not surprising about no choices for Chops and Portofino as they are so far out. I can't even book specialty restaurants for my December Freedom cruise.

Interesting about the no dining time options though.

At least it is getting closer until Quantum sails and we can start getting some actual facts about the menus, seating arrangements and all the other issues that everyone has so many questions about.

[quote name='John&LaLa']I may have posted this already, :o

It looks as if your Oasis cruise will not have gone to the DD concept, according to your signature, when you sail. It will start 3/15. It seems that dining and show reservations typically open up 60 - 90 days prior to sailing. The Quantum's have been opened earlier, though.

Our Oasis cruise in May will be after the ship has fully converted to DD. We hope to be able to reserve as soon as the dining opens, so will be watching with anticipation. We have a group of 12. While we may not be dining together every night as some do like to go to the Specialty Restaurants more than others, it would be nice to sit together as much as possible. That seems to be the big problem the Quantum cruisers are experiencing with dining reservations. I hope it gets cleared up by the time we are ready to reserve! That is why I don't book a new ship as soon as it is launched. I like them to get the "bugs" out of the system first. This DD came up as a surprise long after we booked the Oasis. We will be just the 9th sailing after the switch over. I'm a little nervous that things won't be running as smoothly as they could be running by that time.:eek: I am guessing that everything should be running just fine after about 6 months, including the reservation system. Of course, I am hoping that it will be much sooner!

[quote name='Sunny AZ Girl']It looks as if your Oasis cruise will not have gone to the DD concept, according to your signature, when you sail. It will start 3/15. It seems that dining and show reservations typically open up 60 - 90 days prior to sailing. The Quantum's have been opened earlier, though.

Our Oasis cruise in May will be after the ship has fully converted to DD. We hope to be able to reserve as soon as the dining opens, so will be watching with anticipation. We have a group of 12. While we may not be dining together every night as some do like to go to the Specialty Restaurants more than others, it would be nice to sit together as much as possible. That seems to be the big problem the Quantum cruisers are experiencing with dining reservations. I hope it gets cleared up by the time we are ready to reserve! That is why I don't book a new ship as soon as it is launched. I like them to get the "bugs" out of the system first. This DD came up as a surprise long after we booked the Oasis. We will be just the 9th sailing after the switch over. I'm a little nervous that things won't be running as smoothly as they could be running by that time.:eek: I am guessing that everything should be running just fine after about 6 months, including the reservation system. Of course, I am hoping that it will be much sooner![/QUOTE]

Interesting, BTW, where did we find out the rollout for Oasis is 3/15? I can't seem to find that. Also to your point of not booking new ships until they are operating for 6 months. Folks that booked Oasis a year ago had no idea they would have to deal with such a massive change 3 months after drydock

[quote name='John&LaLa']Interesting, BTW, where did we find out the rollout for Oasis is 3/15? I can't seem to find that. Also to your point of not booking new ships until they are operating for 6 months. Folks that booked Oasis a year ago had no idea they would have to deal with such a massive change 3 months after drydock

It has been announced by RCI - check the other threads on this topic and you will see.
We are among those that booked Oasis early and just found out about it. So, I am aware of what is going on. We still don' book new ships for awhile and I would feel better if they had some more time with DD before we sailed, but such is life. I will roll with the punches!;)

[SIZE="4"]When the specific mention of DD came up I went to the RCCL web site and looked at the revitalization section to see what I could find and only the one ship came up for 2015. I guess that they don't include drydock schedules as part of the revitalization program.
Then as to other ships being retrofitted to use DD I went to the RCCL press center and checked. You would think that if it was definite RCCL would say something about it. Sunny Az Girl...I am not disputing that you read this. What I am saying is that reading this on a Cruise Critic thread is far from an official RCCL announcement. The "Rumor Mill" can be an insideous thing. I would believe something like this if the Oasis captain told me that they had received their training schedule for DD. When RCCL publicly announces a schedule then we will really know. Do you know, from an official source, that DD is starting 3/15 on Oasis? Things like "everyone is talking about it", "I heard", "they said" just don't count. Your information may be correct but I would not base my travel plans on unattributed comments on this site.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Priusprof'][SIZE="4"]When the specific mention of DD came up I went to the RCCL web site and looked at the revitalization section to see what I could find and only the one ship came up for 2015. I guess that they don't include drydock schedules as part of the revitalization program.
Then as to other ships being retrofitted to use DD I went to the RCCL press center and checked. You would think that if it was definite RCCL would say something about it. Sunny Az Girl...I am not disputing that you read this. What I am saying is that reading this on a Cruise Critic thread is far from an official RCCL announcement. The "Rumor Mill" can be an insideous thing. I would believe something like this if the Oasis captain told me that they had received their training schedule for DD. When RCCL publicly announces a schedule then we will really know. Do you know, from an official source, that DD is starting 3/15 on Oasis? Things like "everyone is talking about it", "I heard", "they said" just don't count. Your information may be correct but I would not base my travel plans on unattributed comments on this site.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

BTW, I have been reminded in the March 7 Oasis roll call that sailing after us is 3/14, so 3/15 seems an odd date. Unless you are Julius Caesar. :D

I read the posted DD menus(with some difficulty on the RCCL site. They are not user friendly).

Nowhere in the "complementary" restaurants did I see listed a classic shrimp cocktail or escargot.

Anyone see these listed?

[quote name='Hypo']I read the posted DD menus(with some difficulty on the RCCL site. They are not user friendly).

Nowhere in the "complementary" restaurants did I see listed a classic shrimp cocktail or escargot.

Anyone see these listed?[/QUOTE]

The Grande has chilled jumbo prawns. Escargot has been iffy lately in MDR anyway. I though menu layout was pretty easy to navigate

[quote name='John&LaLa']BTW, I have been reminded in the March 7 Oasis roll call that sailing after us is 3/14, so 3/15 seems an odd date. Unless you are Julius Caesar. :D

I was mistaken. There was a tweet sent out from RCI on 8/27 stating that the Oasis will be beginning in March 2015. In my night shift working brain I may have misread that to be March 15. My apologies. I would be surprised if they get it up and running early in the month as they seem to not be committing to a specific date to guarantee themselves some time to get it in order. But stranger things have happened.