Explore 4 - Drinking Package

Kudos2Fly

Since the gratuity is included with the Explore4 card, has anyone tipped a little cash 'extra' to a special bartender in a favorite bar?

If we do get the same server in a lounge, then we will tip extra at the end of the cruise.

But on our last several cruises, we kept getting different people -- seemed like they were rotating the staff every couple of days instead of each cruise. No extra tips there.

Since the gratuity is included with the Explore4 card, has anyone tipped a little cash 'extra' to a special bartender in a favorite bar?

Definitely! Susan, in the Explorers' Lounge on the Eurodam last summer, gave us such excellent service every evening! We gave her $1 every evening and then a more sizeable tip with a thank you card on the last night.

We had a similar experience with Ranel on the Rotterdam the previous summer!

Is this only for new bookings?

I already have a booking, am I able to apply this to it?

Call HAL to ask, we were already booked for next summer but DH called and they gave us the package, plus an OBC special that was being offered at the time. Really worth it to call.

I don't drink much alcohol but am wondering if this would mean only the glass, half full of ice as one of my 15 drinks a day or if it could be the entire bottle or can....if not, this sure doesn't compare with a $7.00 glass of wine....We are already booked for a cruise with this perk but I'm just curious....

I don't drink much alcohol but am wondering if this would mean only the glass, half full of ice as one of my 15 drinks a day or if it could be the entire bottle or can....if not, this sure doesn't compare with a $7.00 glass of wine....We are already booked for a cruise with this perk but I'm just curious....

You can get cans of soda. I think that's what you are asking....

I saw on the beverage menu that there is a water bottle bag with a liter of water included for $7. Does anyone know if this is covered under the beverage package? Thanks :-)

Edited to add: at the end of dinner they always brought over those little glasses with dessert drinks. I know they were less than $7...would those be included in the SBP?

Edited by notes4theheart

I saw on the beverage menu that there is a water bottle bag with a liter of water included for $7. Does anyone know if this is covered under the beverage package? Thanks :-)

Edited to add: at the end of dinner they always brought over those little glasses with dessert drinks. I know they were less than $7...would those be included in the SBP?

I don't know about the water bottle bag, but the cordials are covered.

Is this only for new bookings?

I already have a booking, am I able to apply this to it?

Not just for new bookings.

We booked a cruise for spring 2015 many months ago. Our TA called and asked if the Explore4 program could be added to our booking.

It was -- so we will finally get to see how much we will use it.